News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread- Page 120

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#2975Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/30/14 at 4:56pm

^I meant this for lurkers, not necessarily the members. I do see your point but the video still proves that her vocal range is better than most general people give her credit for and in my opinion her singing in this video is transporting and lovely.

The video bit that we got of her "Stay With Me" is heartbreaking and beautiful, the way it should be.

Updated On: 10/30/14 at 04:56 PM

Showface
#2976Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/30/14 at 9:33pm

The EW issue (which I do not have, but have seen scans online of) mentions the budget was roughly $50 million, it was not shot in green screen, 1/3 was filmed in real forest, and they wanted it to look both fairy tale and real, and Act 2 should look like and does look like a fairy tale post 9/11.

Meryl also mentions how she physically characterized her 1st Act witch compared to her 2nd Act witch to make a bigger transformation.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#2977Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/30/14 at 10:08pm

I'm so glad to hear that at least a large margin was filmed in a real forest. I hate it when they use green screen to try and make the forest seem more "surreal" or "fairy tale" and it just comes off as hokey.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

pli1018
#2978Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/31/14 at 9:53am

The use of CGI in terms of production design is refreshingly sparse. It really enhances the naturalistic qualities of the film and separates it from bombastic Disney greenscreen films like Alice in Wonderland and OZ. At the same time, the physical sets that were constructed are appropriately whimsical as need be. This is a major Best Art Direction competitor for sure.

Showface
#2979Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/31/14 at 4:47pm

The production design sure does look wonderful. In the photos and clips, I've noticed that during the nightime scenes, there seems to be this blue light streaming through the trees, almost forming a spotlight on the characters...Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

Showface
#2980Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/31/14 at 5:09pm

A fan did a story board for Your Fault/ Last Midnight using Disney characters as the ITW characters.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's somewhat similar on film, except for the ending. Specifically, I wouldn't be surprised if Meryl's arm movements were the similar. In the leaked script, she was holding the baby. If that made the final cut, I hope it's creepy, malicous, crazy, and intense!

Fan Storyboard Updated On: 10/31/14 at 05:09 PM

Musical Master
#2981Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/31/14 at 6:57pm

Don't take my word for it but I think that the second trailer is coming out in either this upcoming week or the week after.

Updated On: 10/31/14 at 06:57 PM

Showface
#2982Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/31/14 at 7:00pm

Definitely! I'm pretty sure the trailer (and possibly some more stills) will come out next week with Big Hero 6...but we've discussed this before Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

Updated On: 10/31/14 at 07:00 PM

Showface
#2983Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/31/14 at 7:23pm

Disney promotes Into the Woods on Halloween! With a picture we've already seen, but this time, it is more shadowy!

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#2984Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/31/14 at 7:23pm

It says no green screen was used. Great!

Rapunzel doesn't look wrapped in twine, but ribbons.

Showface
#2985Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/31/14 at 7:26pm

It doesn't matter what the costume was made out of...they just look good, and that's all that matters! I've said this before two pages ago, I think...

Also, it never said no green screen was used. It just said they tried to keep it to a minimum. It is basically impossible to do the entire film (or really, let's be honest, any fantasy film) well without the use of green screen.

Updated On: 11/1/14 at 07:26 PM

Musical Master
#2986Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/31/14 at 9:41pm

The long shot of the beanstalk looked liked it needed green screen.

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#2987Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/1/14 at 10:53am

pro.boxoffice.com...a very respected movie box office tracking firm has put out it's guesses for opening week and box office totals for North America...for INTO THE WOODS...

$40,000,000 OPENING WEEK
$165,000,000 OVER ALL...

WOW!...that would be sweet!!!

any body want to put out their guess for opening week grosses?

Showface
#2988Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/1/14 at 11:42am

I'm still surprised at the $50 million budget! Hopefully, other films will learn that you don't need to spend so much money to create a visually stunning film. You just need skill...a lot of skill.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#2989Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/1/14 at 1:51pm

^^ That.

$80m spent on "Nine" five years ago was ridiculous.

Showface
#2990Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/1/14 at 1:56pm

I'm so excited for these upcoming weeks, and the blast of publicity we'll (most likely) get.

Trailer this week (I think)

And then, we could get some more featurette's

"The Music"
"The Cast"
"The Costumes"
etc. Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

Also, more and more Oscar predicting experts are starting to move Into the Woods up in the race for Best Picture...

Showface
#2991Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/1/14 at 1:56pm

I'm so excited for these upcoming weeks, and the blast of publicity we'll (most likely) get.

Trailer this week (I think)

And then, we could get some more featurette's

"The Music"
"The Cast"
"The Costumes"
etc. Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

Also, more and more Oscar predicting experts are starting to move Into the Woods up in the race for Best Picture...

Starship
#2992Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/1/14 at 5:26pm

I could definitely see a trailer this week and then an abundance of promo material leading up to/during Thanksgiving (& onwards). I wonder if they'll show anything special during the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? I feel as if that would be a great time to capture their prime audience.

Mrtrobz
#2993Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/1/14 at 5:31pm

I fully expect a trailer by Wednesday, the promos, images and articles usually lead to trailers especially with a huge animation release this week. :)

ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
ShakinBaconGirl
#2994Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/1/14 at 6:08pm

"Trailer this week (I think)"

Dear, you say that every week. Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

Mrtrobz
#2995Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/1/14 at 10:10pm

I was wondering if those who had seen the film could answer if they had the traditional Disney storybook opening or was it a voiceover like in the script?

AnthonyB Profile Photo
AnthonyB
#2996Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/2/14 at 4:04am

It is my understanding that Agony (reprise) is not in the film (personally, I think this is a shame) however as within this it makes reference to Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. Whilst I appreciate they only cameo in the original show, is it safe to assume that they too have been cut from the film?

ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
ShakinBaconGirl
#2997Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/2/14 at 7:05am

Anthony, I don't think Rapunzel's Prince leaves her for another princess in this. It actually sounds like Rapunzel's Prince is the most changed character.

Musical Master
#2998Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/2/14 at 5:16pm

Speaking of this week, the 2014 ANNIE film is getting a new trailer tomorrow, so a new one for INTO THE WOODS this week is a 90% certainty. Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

Showface
#2999Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/2/14 at 7:13pm

^Not really a good reason to expect a trailer, but I agree that it'll be this week, though! This time I'm very confident (but I usually am, and I end up wrong).

Disney will be pretty dumb if they don't release it this week...especially since Big Hero 6 is a guaranteed hit

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos