News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread- Page 191

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#4750Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/3/15 at 3:46pm

And the rest of them are ad libs! But I gotta admit I fell in love with his character when he said the lines, "Your hair!" (pause) "I like it!!" That got a big laugh in my theater, and it made his prince very adorable. I wish we'd seen more of him and Rapunzel together, they were a very cute couple.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#4752Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/3/15 at 4:06pm

^TV show!

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#4753Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/3/15 at 5:40pm

Hey, I'd watch it. To be honest, there's a lot left to the story after the fadeout: the Baker still doesn't know Rapunzel's his sister, there's a kingdom to rebuild, and we don't really know the witch is totally gone, do we? Or for that matter...where's the witch's mother?

Sondheim would never allow it of course, but the idea appeals to me anyway. I'd watch it...

J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
#4754Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/3/15 at 6:40pm

"It all boils down to "they changed the property I liked so now it sucks." That's it. That's the majority of the fan criticism that I've seen."

Kad...but I am a huge fan and the changes don't bother me. They made changes due to time constraints. Mainly.

As for WICKED...well that was drastically changed from the book to the Musical...so those people really shouldn't have any room.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
#4756Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/3/15 at 7:57pm

Stop being grumpy.

Mrtrobz
#4757Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/3/15 at 7:59pm

I always had that problem (where the Baker doesn't really meet Rapunzel) with Sweeney Todd , there was never any (emotional) reunion with Johanna but I guess I have just accepted as making the story more ironic/truthful so I didn't mind it as much in later life.

Updated On: 1/3/15 at 07:59 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
WicaS Profile Photo
WicaS
#4759Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/3/15 at 9:47pm

I haven't watched the movie yet, since it doesn't come out in my country untill Thursday, but I recently discovered the clip of Hello Little Girl and I don't see why people are making such a big deal out of it... I mean I don't think that it's THAT disturbing... Yes, Lilla's a bit younger than all the other LRRH were and the song is still a bit creepy, but I mean, come on, in the original production the Wolf's junk was seen. I thnik people are trying to make it sound more disturbing than it is, just so they can have something to complain about - after all, if you don't look, you don't see.

And on a completly different note - the clip of Your Fault has surfaced online.

Updated On: 1/3/15 at 09:47 PM

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#4760Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/3/15 at 10:33pm

Sweet! Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread Me, I'm waiting for a clip of the reunion scene between Rapunzel and her prince. It was very nicely done(even if the filmmakers had to compromise and make the prince 'blind' by having him close his eyes rather than giving him a more realistic-looking injury. Disney's doing, I'm guessing.)

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#4761Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/3/15 at 10:52pm

"Kad...but I am a huge fan and the changes don't bother me. They made changes due to time constraints. Mainly."

That comment was not directed at you at all.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
Bucky Builder Profile Photo
Bucky Builder
#4763Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/4/15 at 5:21am

@J_Jammer, You are weirdly obsessed with this film and clearly will defend it to the death and any criticisms about it is just unacceptable to you. We get it. Rob Marshall would be proud. Now please go away. Maybe someday you will learn that there are ways to discuss ideas and thoughts about a film without being an arse.

J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
#4764Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/4/15 at 11:41am

As you're being one.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#4765Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/4/15 at 12:13pm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

ITW came in at #2 in the Box Office again this weekend, behind THE HOBBIT making an estimated $19,066,000 to their $21,910,000. ITW's estimated domestic totals are currently at $91,209,000. Foreign grosses are estimated at around $5,800,000 making the current worldwide estimated total at about $97,009,000.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
Phyllis Rogers Stone
#4767Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/4/15 at 1:02pm

At least J_Jammer will fade away soon. At least until the video release.

J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
#4768Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/4/15 at 1:06pm

Due to your kind welcoming and terrible sarcasm, I'm staying.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#4769Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/4/15 at 1:08pm

What are you going to talk about if you don't like any musicals besides Into the Woods?

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#4770Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/4/15 at 1:12pm

The box office is very promising - and it looks like ITW wins at per-screen average. If it was playing in as many theaters as The Hobbit was, it might have even won. Very cool!

J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
#4771Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/4/15 at 1:21pm

What's the matter? Ya got a little grumble in your 'tude?

J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
#4772Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/4/15 at 1:24pm

Awesome box office numbers, but poor audience ratings. 59% on Rotten Tomatoesand 7.2 on IMDB. 7's not bad, but iit's ehok

Phyllis Rogers Stone
ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#4774Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/4/15 at 1:30pm

Does anyone really give a crap about the audience ratings on Rotten Tomatoes?

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos