News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

John Hill

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#0John Hill
Posted: 5/10/05 at 12:39am

Any news on John Hill since the demise of BARE? Michael Arden's career is shooting through the roof, but I haven't seen or heard anything about hottie Johnny. He hasn't updated his website in a very long time. Anyone have any news?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#1re: John Hill
Posted: 5/10/05 at 1:21am

I know he's going to be on an episode of "Stacked" (that Pam Anderson TV show) in the near future, but that's about it.

IMsooHyprToday Profile Photo
IMsooHyprToday
#2re: John Hill
Posted: 5/10/05 at 1:34am

he has filmed several webisodes of "johnny and kooks" which hardly count as "work". but it is sure funny to watch.....

SquaneishaWashington
#3re: John Hill
Posted: 5/11/05 at 7:59am

"Michael Arden's career is shooting through the roof, but I haven't seen or heard anything about hottie Johnny."

Umm..2 concerts of Pippin, one being a benefit, and some self produced concerts does not a career make,

If anyone has worked since Bare, it's Jenna Leigh on Wicked. Arden hasnt really done anything worthwhile and he's lost every significant role he's been up for.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#4re: John Hill
Posted: 5/11/05 at 8:19am

Michael has done several readings, including a star-studded reading of the musical he penned, 'Easter Rising'. Plus he's performing on the R Vacations cruise this summer -- with John Tartaglia.

And...did anyone see him on the Domino's Pizza Donald Trump commercial? That was a nationally syndicated commercial, I'm betting he did quite well money-wise with that. The boy is getting work.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 5/11/05 at 08:19 AM

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#5re: John Hill
Posted: 5/11/05 at 9:33am

John Hill in Detroit!
Posted On:5/10/05 at 11:24:01 AM

I saw John last night at a benefit show in Detroit last night, "Search For A Cure Detroit 2". He was a scream! He sang Prince's "Little Red Corvette" and dedicated it to Paris Hilton. He had the audience eating out of his hand. I'll post a picture later.

He wanted me to pass on to BWW that his episode of "Stacked" airs tomorrow night (Wednesday), and he would love it if you tuned in.

I'll be catching tonight's performance of Hairspray and seeing the new cast. I'm looking forward to it.

SO HE'S ON TONIGHT!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Juliet2170 Profile Photo
Juliet2170
#6re: John Hill
Posted: 5/11/05 at 9:38am

oh im totally watching that even though i can't see a show like "stacked" really going anywhere! lol

mesmerized24601 Profile Photo
mesmerized24601
#7re: John Hill
Posted: 5/11/05 at 11:08am

hey, SquaneishaWashington, way to be supportive of the theatre community!

anyhow, theatrediva, I cant believe I missed that show in Detroit. I spend at least an hour a day complaining about all of the things i miss by not living in new york and somehow i knew nothing about this happining what like 10 miles from home! Did you just see the article here on BWW?

...and still you hold on, to every old song... - Adam Pascal

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#8re: John Hill
Posted: 5/11/05 at 11:14am

Actually SquaneishaWashington Michael Arden is doing fine for himself. He made the commercial to support himself so he could continue writing Ridley. Also, his name is still attached to Vampire LeStat the last I heard. So I am not sure where you heard that he lost every part he is up for, but he has built a huge fan base and is doing very well for himself, despite the fact that he isn't touring as a minor character/understudy in wicked.

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#9re: John Hill
Posted: 5/11/05 at 4:54pm

Hey Mezmerized:

I have many friends on the Hairspray tour (I was the star dresser for the first year and a half) and I'm now living in mid-Michigan, so they told me about the benefit. I had no idea that John was going to be in it, so it was a pleasent surprise. I haven't seen him since we played in LA.

So WATCH STACKED TONIGHT!!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

broadwayguy2
#10re: John Hill
Posted: 5/11/05 at 5:19pm

yes, everyone must tune in to see johnny hill.

diva, you weren't the star dresser, you were the STAR! Your time ONstage was the BEST part!

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#11re: John Hill
Posted: 5/11/05 at 5:23pm

I always watch the show BUT - what time's it on?

BwayTheatre11
#12re: John Hill
Posted: 5/11/05 at 5:28pm

John is great!

Diva, I am still upset I cannot see you when Hairspray hits Cleveland next month.

CCM '10!

adampascalgal Profile Photo
adampascalgal
#13re: John Hill
Posted: 5/11/05 at 10:02pm

Awwwe, He was the best peanut butter ball buyin' customer I have ever seen even if it was only two lines!

"All they say Is "Trust in What Is Writen." Wars are made. And somehow that is wisdom. Thought is suspect, And money is their idol, And nothing is okay unless it's scripted in their Bible." -Spring Awakening

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#14re: John Hill
Posted: 5/11/05 at 10:12pm

John was great. And I disagree with Juliet...I think "Stacked" is one of the best new sitcoms in a while and I can definitely see it getting picked up. They have a great cast and great writers.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#15re: John Hill
Posted: 5/11/05 at 10:28pm

What did John Hill's lines turn out to be?

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#16re: John Hill
Posted: 5/11/05 at 10:33pm

a clip of his guest spot will be on his site by tomorrow night...

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

Trisky Profile Photo
Trisky
#17re: John Hill
Posted: 5/11/05 at 10:36pm

So how do we start the campaign for the Emmy? :P

"Too young to hold on and too old to just break free and run" - Jeff Buckley

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#18re: John Hill
Posted: 5/11/05 at 10:50pm

Haha. Tonight was the first night I ever saw the show and I didn't know he was gonna be in it. I was like, o my goodness, that's John Hill! My brother told me, no that's the girl from Hairspray. And I told him, no, the guy, that's the guy we saw in Bare.

Haha, was that really the extent of his role? Will he be on again in the future?

~Steven

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#19re: John Hill
Posted: 5/11/05 at 11:49pm

The clip is now on John's site. http://www.johnhillonline.com and then go to Multimedia...

Juliet2170 Profile Photo
Juliet2170
#20re: John Hill
Posted: 5/12/05 at 9:27am

wow he is QUICK with those website updates

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#21re: John Hill
Posted: 5/12/05 at 9:49am

He? try me! He only updates the journal :)

Juliet2170 Profile Photo
Juliet2170
#22re: John Hill
Posted: 5/12/05 at 9:50am

oh oh sorry craig! lol forgiveness please! :)
Updated On: 5/12/05 at 09:50 AM

SGBWAY Profile Photo
SGBWAY
#23re: John Hill
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:21am

Look for a Cabaret Starring John.. Coming this July!!!

Trisky Profile Photo
Trisky
#24re: John Hill
Posted: 5/12/05 at 12:08pm

Look for a Cabaret Starring John.. Coming this July!!!

In NYC, I hope? re: John Hill

Perhaps I should start asking the doctor to prescribe new medication in preparation for said event. Drugs would probably help clarify things!

(I kid, because I love.)

"Too young to hold on and too old to just break free and run" - Jeff Buckley

Videos