News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Les Miz rush

coolkid11776
#1Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/10/06 at 6:38pm

Has anyone done it? Do you have to line up at the box office early like u have to do for Jersey Boys? Also how are the seats, where are they located? I heard they might be extending past the 6 month run has anyone heard this same thing?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

coolkid11776
#1re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/10/06 at 7:27pm

BUMP

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#2re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/10/06 at 7:34pm

BUMP...im curious about the seating as well if anyone knows..

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

iheartamc10
#3re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/10/06 at 7:58pm

I did it last week and since they don't start selling until 6:00, i just ran up around 5:30 and was the 5th person in line and got seats. The seats are random places, some close, some not... but for $26.25... who cares, ya know?

coolkid11776
#4re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/10/06 at 8:23pm

Where were your seats? Also do u know what time the 1st person got their?

coolkid11776
#5re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/12/06 at 8:01pm

BUMP

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#6re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/12/06 at 9:05pm

You just posted this thread again.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#7re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/12/06 at 9:38pm

I was at the show on friday and I didn't get student discount. But, i did ask an usher and she said that they are the first four rows.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#8re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/13/06 at 2:15am

Winston, there isn't even a rush on Friday...and I highly doubt that the rush is in the first 4 rows, I rushed tonight and was in the last row of the orch.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#9re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/13/06 at 5:58am

winston didnt say that they did the student rush on friday

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

coolkid11776
#10re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/13/06 at 9:28pm

Bump Where are the rush seats for Les Miz are they first two rows of the theater like Rent? If not are these seats good are they better then the 36.25 rear mezz?

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#11re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/13/06 at 9:35pm

Uhh read two messages above you.

rbxprs Profile Photo
rbxprs
#12re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/13/06 at 9:37pm

I went last night, and they were the last row of the orch. You don't miss much except a little on the top of the barracade, and for $26.25, i couldn't really complain.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#13re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/13/06 at 11:07pm

how have the lines been? are there a lot of people on line for the rush or has it been pretty empty?

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

coolkid11776
#14re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/19/06 at 2:09pm

BUMP Also I heard it extended does anyone know by how much?

theminutepast
#15re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/19/06 at 2:18pm

I've never done rush before but I'll be in NYC in January. Just curious, are there a set number of seats set aside or just whatever is left?

coolkid11776
#16re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/19/06 at 6:00pm

BUMP

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#17re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/19/06 at 7:06pm

Coolkid, at least 3 people answered your question...you keep asking the same thing...

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

AnaGFan
#18re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/20/06 at 12:21am

Extended till June 17.

BudFrump23 Profile Photo
BudFrump23
#19re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/27/06 at 11:12pm

So here is my plan:

I'm going down to New York next Tuesday, the 2nd of January. Probably not the best time to go for me, but it is the only time before I start my job. Anyway, I really want to see Les Miserables. I've never seen it, and have wanted for almost 10 years. I'm planning on the rush, but I'm a little worried with the crowds that I will not get a ticket. I've never tried for this rush, and I know they do Tuesday-Thursday evenings.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I could do either Tuesday or Wednesday, I'm just hoping that I won't have to pay full price (as I am a poor college student.) However, I am prepared to do that if I need.

I'm as jumpy as a virgin at a prison rodeo!

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#20re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/27/06 at 11:52pm

If you can take it (and really, it's not that hard) I would go with standing room. I did SRO for Les Miz the Friday of Thanksgiving weekend and couldn't have been happier. You get the same view as the last row of the orchestra (i.e. the rush seats), you can do it any day of the week (meaning Friday-Sunday as well)...and it just seems like a more reliable way to get a ticket. All I did was walk into the box office at 11:15am to get SRO for the matinee, and it was available. It's also just $21.25--5 bucks isn't a huge savings, but I think it's an extra perk.

All you have to do is stand through the show. You have a nice wall to lean on (though at the Broadhurst I wouldn't recommend it if you are under 5'5") and for me the 3 hours flew right by--I didn't even realize I was standing. Though the SRO section was full when I went, I'm still surprised more people don't consider it when they neat a cheap ticket.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

BudFrump23 Profile Photo
BudFrump23
#21re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 12/27/06 at 11:59pm

It was under consideration. I'd probably try that, but doesn't the show have to be sold out in order to get SRO? If not, I might just do that if no rush tickets are available.

I'm as jumpy as a virgin at a prison rodeo!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#22re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 1/23/07 at 1:59pm

BUMP!

How early sdhould I get there to get tickets for tomorrow's matinee? Do they sellt he tickets 2 hours before curtain, or when the box office opens?

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

theminutepast
#23re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 1/23/07 at 3:59pm

When I got SRO the first time, the man said the show was sold out, but he was still selling orchestra tickets. So I don't know what that was all about.

coolkid11776
#24re: Les Miz rush
Posted: 1/24/07 at 10:45am

I know they say that rush is only Tuesday to Thursday. But My friend went to the produces last saturday night and they sold him rush seats and they have the same policy. Do you think Les Miz would sell me rush seats for the Saturday night show. Where are the rush seats located (Orc. Mezz.)? If I can't get rush seats do they have the 36.25 seats and how is the slightline frm those seats?

Videos