News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 39

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

OperaBwayLover Profile Photo
OperaBwayLover
#950NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 11:08pm

I spoke too soon last season when I said the show shoved Karen down our throats. This season it's shoving her all the way down into our stomachs.

TFMH18, I'm right there with you! I have to wonder if they've been focusing on Kat McPhee more since word came out about Spielberg not liking Megan Hilty. It honestly seems like they've been trying to back that thought up. I miss the days of Smash giving the two ladies a more balanced amount of screentime.

I'm thinking they'll have it where Karen and Ivy are both nominated for Best Leading Actress, and surprise surprise, they tie!

FindingNamo
#951NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 11:08pm

Jeremy will die the night before the first preview, Michael Swift will replace him, Hit List will win the Pulitzer after transferring to Broadway.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#952NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 11:11pm

I'd still like Huston to be replaced by Joey Arias and see if any viewers notice.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#953NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 11:12pm

Where do I start?? I cannot believe that this is the same show I fell in love with...Hate this season totally. The characters are ridiculous, the dialogue is awful and he songs are horrendous. the Hit List storyline isn't remotely believable, the Sean Hayes storyline was absurd and how they don't have Ivy singing 2 songs a week is beyond me...so disappointed with Jeremy Jordan as well. Did I say how disappointed I am in this show?? I have to go listen to mr & mrs smith now to get myself to a better place.

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#954NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 11:12pm

TFMH18 - You knew Ivy would be "Marilyn" again the minute Tom became director because he "adores" her. I am sure Ivy/Hilty will be getting plenty of time as "Bombshell" gets ready to open on Broadway.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#955NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 11:15pm

The show would be so much better if Ivy and Karen were friends and were in the Marvelous Wonderettes and just doing a lot of drugs and banging everyone. Like Laverne and Shirley Off Broadway and on crack.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#956NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 11:16pm

Well considering Ivy has had about 3 songs since the season began (I don't think that's an exaggeration), one can only hope.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#957NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 11:18pm

Wow. Spielberg does not like Hilty, what is his problem?

Updated On: 3/19/13 at 11:18 PM

FindingNamo
#958NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 11:18pm

I loved this episode, even if ownership of Bombshell changes hands impossibly quickly and illogically, like a corporation taken over by Heather Locklear on Melrose Place.

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#959NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 11:22pm

Wow. Spielberg does not like Hilty, what is his problem?

He "sees" her as Marilyn.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#960NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 11:25pm

When these shows mention us here, I half expect someone to say "Jordan Catalano said my performance was "meh!"

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#961NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --

"I'd still like Huston to be replaced by Joey Arias and see if any viewers notice."

Perfect, Betty!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#961NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --

Oh my god stop talking about Spielberg.

This show has really stabilized. With the exception of Jeremy Jordan's character, who is the absolute worst always.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#963NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 11:26pm

"Jordan Catalano on Broadwayworld does not like Ivy."

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#964NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 11:29pm

Any mention of "meh" is one degree of separation from a Phyllis name check.

I lolled.

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#965NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 11:36pm

57 Eye Rolls

FindingNamo
#966NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/19/13 at 11:40pm

Druther wait for Rachel.

Skip2 Profile Photo
Skip2
#967NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/20/13 at 12:04am

I mean...does ANYONE think Sean Hayes's big "bawdy" number is even remotely funny? Schtick from the Year One...

FindingNamo
#968NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/20/13 at 12:05am

It closed after a week.

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#969NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/20/13 at 12:08am

I actually think Sean Hayes was a much needed bit of energy on this show. I've loved all his scenes with Hilty.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#970NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/20/13 at 12:12am

^ agreed kyl....the most fun this show has demonstrated all season.

I think tonight's episode was the best so far...doesn't say much...but an improvement all the same.

bryan2
#971NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/20/13 at 8:11am

I am interested in finding out if the writers hate men...Every man on this show is a jerk...only decent man seems to be Jeremy Jordans "roomie". I feel bad for Jeremy Jordan , this is his big opportunity and he is playing a jerk on par with Ellis...and wh the hell writes this stuff...I quit a starring role in a Bway show to work in a basement...now thats believable... I loved this show last year..this year it seems like it is being made up as they film. I miss Meg singing -I miss Bway type songs..(not rent like fake rock songs) this show really sucks now ...sad

mamaleh
#972NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/20/13 at 8:26am

I, too, got a kick out of Sean Hayes' far-out portrayal of that egotistical star, one of the few bright spots this season. Agree that Megan Hilty is woefully underused. She's obviously way more talented than McPhee, which must confuse viewers as to who should be the focus of the show. If only to see Hilty back in Marilyn mode, I hope the show, heavily flawed as it is, reaps the miracle of a third season.

Has anyone ever learned why Spielberg wanted Hilty's role re-cast? I can't figure that one out at all.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#973NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/20/13 at 8:39am

Terrible show last night. The worst.

But rife with foreshadowing: with Marilyn's mom back in Bombshell and Ivy as Marilyn, it's time for some very predictable stunt casting: Bernadette will play Mama, then not only will Karen and Ivy be competing for the best actress tony but Ivy will also be competing for best featured actress with her own mother (like a Freudian nightmare version of Harris and Ehle) maybe against Ana for hit List.

How is Liaisons a wink to Trumph of Love? (don't get that at all)

Updated On: 3/20/13 at 08:39 AM

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#974NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/20/13 at 8:52am

Bryan2 - Not every guy is a jerk in the show. I don't think Tom is a jerk or his boyfriend. I don't think Julia's husband Frank was a jerk. The roles of Derek and Jerry may be a bit over the top but sure there are nasty producers and directors on Broadway. I am sure people on this board who work in the theater have met a few. A young songwriter/performer (Jeremy Jordan) who is arrogant and has problems with drugs/alcohol is probably not that unusual.

As for Karen leaving "Bombshell", it did make some sense. She has known from the start that Tom wanted Ivy in the role of Marilyn. Once Ivy was available again and Tom knew she would be after seeing the show she was in, was only a matter of time before he would suggest Ivy for the part again. I have never been in theatre so I don't know if performers sometimes follow their heart and take a chance on a show they like better even though the other show is probably better finacially for them.

Updated On: 3/20/13 at 08:52 AM

Videos