News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 45

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

PlayItAgain
#1100SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:09pm

just throwing this in here

Leslie Odom Jr is doing a kickstarter for his debut album.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leslieodomjr/leslie-odom-jr-debut-album-project?ref=search

I'm sure after his performance tonight theres one or two of you willing to kick in a few bucks.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1101SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:09pm

You're the worst, All That Jazz.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#1102SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:10pm

Not really, but he kinds of thinks they are, or at least thinks she loves him, and she let's him think that.

I don't think she is aware that he thinks that. And that's still not slutty.

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#1103SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:11pm

Well, Drama, she's an idiot too!

She's always flirting with him, and she answered the door thinking it was him! But didn't seem bothered at all with the fact that it was Jeremy.

Updated On: 3/26/13 at 11:11 PM

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#1104SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:14pm

Well tonight showed some improvement with Bombshell story, but the Hit List stuff drove me crazy.

Tom making tough decisions and Leslie Odom Jr's number were strengths, not to mention the 30 seconds we heard Hilty sing (and yes Namo, I believe that was live).

Hit List was tragic though. I HATE Jimmy. It's not just what's on the page, but also the way Jeremy plays him. Why is he bossing around the director like that? Why isn't he taking a chance on what Derek wants to do with the show? What a fvcking little bitch.

McPhee gave some incredibly hilarious line readings tonight. When she told Krysta that she was scared to talk to Jimmy, and when she asked Jimmy if he liked her, really liked her I cracked up. The hand motions during the number were funny too.

The Hit List song was generic but fine. I didn't like the choreography nor get it. How is this the "right" vision?

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!
Updated On: 3/26/13 at 11:14 PM

sephyr
#1105SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:16pm

Yes, please donate to Leslie's album! He's a really sincere guy who just wants to make good music. Let's support that great talent!

I liked this episode! I still don't get the Hit List show? It's a little muddy, the number tonight was a bit busy but I liked it! The dancers were great. Oh, and what is the diva character? Seems like they should clarify the show a bit more.

I liked the Bombshell side. Seeing Tom kick out Sam's number was sad. If I were him, I'd find a place for that song, it sounds like a classic. I like it better than Our Little Secret. Oh and I'm glad Ivy is back where she belongs!!!

all that jazz
#1106SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:17pm

What really drove me crazy during the Hit List were the matching shirts.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1107SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:18pm

Just because she opened the door thinking it was Derek doesn't mean she would have slept with him. And of course she wasnt' bothered that it was Jimmy -- that's who she WANTS.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1108SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:19pm

All That Jazz is a troll

all that jazz
#1109SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:23pm

Since we don't know what would've happened if it were Derek, its up for personal interpretation. My guess is that they would've at least kissed. To me she knows that if Derek catches her with Jimmy, it'll be the end of her career.

I'm not disagreeing with you, that's just how I see it.

dramamama611
#1110SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:27pm

Oh good lord.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

broadwayfever
#1111SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:30pm

Didn't anyone else notice how off sync the lip synching was tonight. During Leslie's and Krysta's performances the lip-synching was off by a whole second at times.

WhizzerMarvin
#1112SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:33pm

Jeremy also can't lip sync worth sh!t.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

beensince1987 Profile Photo
beensince1987
#1113SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:39pm

I didn't have to ff for 45 min then BANG. FF 2 numbers.

Why Bklyn was on left and LA on the right from audience POV? Is usually that way on theatre? Can't recall.

Also which theatre is that supposed to be ManhattanTheatreWorkshop?

dramamama611
#1114SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:43pm

^I have no idea what any of that means.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#1115SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:44pm

And how many seats that place got?

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

FindingNamo
#1116SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:46pm

He's bossing people around because he has a serious drug problem OKAY????? A problem he has managed to hide from almost nobody and a problem that is going to lead to his DYING right before Hit List opens Off Broadway. Does Gilles Chaisson have to turn up as Ann Harada's assistant's assistant (replete with squeegee) for the RENT signifiers to become clearer?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

WhizzerMarvin
#1117SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:47pm

The exterior of the Hit List rehearsal was definitely at NYTW; the Red Dog Howls poster was still up.

The interior didn't look like NYTW though.

FindingNamo
#1118SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:48pm

Oh, then maybe I'm wrong.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

WhizzerMarvin
#1119SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:51pm

Ha, no you're certainly right about all the Rent comparisons. If Jimmy was just the composer and not also the star of the piece I wouldn't be surprised if they killed him off before opening.

I think it would be helpful for them to show us more of his drug use to remind us why he's being such a dick.

broadwayfever
#1120SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 12:08am

@Drama

Karen thought it was Derek buzzing her and made the choice to let him up to have that "Drink" he wanted to have with her...wink, wink. So yes, she is a slut.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#1121SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 12:09am

... Wow...

dramamama611
#1122SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 12:15am

And maybe she just wanted a drink. Geez -- this explains a lot in society. I have often had drinks with men and NOT slept with them.

Was she dressing too trashy as well?

I didn't realize a person could be a slut for something you think she MIGHT have done.

Updated On: 3/27/13 at 12:15 AM

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#1123SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 12:17am

And since when is that indicative of "slut"? The girl is single. She and Derek shared a romantic-type moment in the premiere. Go on with your non-slut self, Iowa.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1124SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 12:19am

I hope more focus goes on BOMBSHELL because that was the whole basis of SMASH to begin with... while I appreciate the idea of another show within SMASH, it's taking too much of the attention; and it is not what I hoped it would be. BOMBSHELL and Ivy better "win" at the "Tony Awards"...

Videos