News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 46

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#1125SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 12:30am

We will most likely see a mix of Hit List and Bombshell awards at the Tonys. Bombshell will probably pick up musical, score and book. Hit List will pick up director and I hate to say it, but probably actress.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1126SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 12:33am

No, just no.

beensince1987 Profile Photo
beensince1987
#1127SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 12:34am

Last season BOMB-SHELL was A plot, or better yet only plot, but this season SH*T LIST came up and because of KARENISAWESOME, BOMB became B plot.
Just this season's A plot we don't really care about.
And don't let me start LIAISONS C plot and treatment of Hilty is blasphemy.

I loved the scene between Borle and Davenport on the steps.

And Whizzer, that interior is NOT NYTW, that is why I wondering where.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#1128SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 12:35am

What if Jimmy wins Best Actor, especially after he did not want to play the part to begin with?

FindingNamo
#1129SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 12:35am

"I have often had drinks with men and NOT slept with them."

Not me. Certainly not if they're buying.

I refuse to slut shame anybody. Then again, Iowa *is* on record as loving church.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

WhizzerMarvin
#1130SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 12:38am

Oh yes! Jimmy will win Best Actor and that will make up for him not winning Best Score.

Bernadette is coming out of retirement to play a supporting actress role so she can take that award.

Supporting actor can go to a different show all together so it doesn't look like there were only two shows this season.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#1131SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 12:39am

Ivy slept with her director and her rival cast-mate's boyfriend. Julia had an extramarital affair. But maybe having a drink with a man and maybe more? Now, that's just sin right there. SIN!

PlayItAgain
#1132SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 12:45am

^y'all are really assuming there are no other shows on broadway in this universe huh?

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#1133SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 12:48am

We're assuming the show is assuming

WhizzerMarvin
#1134SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 12:48am

Well of course there are other shows of the season, but that would be a pretty big disappointment if the Tonys went to actors and shows we haven't heard about on Smash!

OperaBwayLover Profile Photo
OperaBwayLover
#1135SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 12:57am

Did anyone see the blurb that's in this week's TV Guide? It mentioned quite a few good cameos for the "Tony Awards" episode.

And at this point, I'd cheer over Jimmy getting killed, even if it is ripping off Jonathan Larson.

broadwayfever
#1136SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 1:24am

@Drama "And maybe she just wanted a drink."

LOL...Even Karen isn't as Naive as you.

WhizzerMarvin
#1137SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 1:30am

Two other things I thought of:

Why would they consider Lea Michele (who had her name repeated 15 times in a row) for the role of Diva, who I assume is the supporting female character. Do you really think Ms. Michele would EVER play supporting character to miss nobody Karen Cartwright?! Bitch please.

Leslie Odom said he was playing a lead in BOM. What character was he playing exactly? The three largest male roles are white.

JohnyBroadway
#1138SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 1:36am

He was playing the general. It was mentioned in the first episode.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1139SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 1:37am

And he just called and quit the show without any problem. No contracts or anything for a tour like BOOK OF MORMON. So he'll totally be able to just get his job back. Right?

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#1140SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 1:40am

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but...

Kathie Lee Gifford will be in the April 27th episode. And she will sing.

NOW THIS I WILL WATCH.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1141SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 2:05am

I don't hate Leslie Odum, but I really hate Sam. I thought the same thing about the ease with which he was able to quit. It was all just stupid and weird, which is pretty much how I felt about this episode. It was all just so fast and contrived.

I am so glad that Bernadette was finally mentioned, because now I think I've caught up to every plot point that's been spoiled for me along the way.

I didn't like anyone very much in this episode.

trixigold
#1142SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 2:12am

I have a habit of turning the show on late and flipping channels when it's first broadcast, then watching it later online. I just happened to flip back during the dance number with Jeremy Jordan and McPhee, and had the sound off, and that was the most egregious choreography. It made me laugh. The more I see Jeremy Jordan, the more I'm convinced his future is about as bright as Kat McPhee's. He's pretty terrible in this. I don't know if it's the way the part is written or the way he plays it or both.

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
PlayItAgain
#1144SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 7:40am

^regardless of how ridiculous this shows become, i hate the recaps even more, at what point did snark replace criticism?

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#1145SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 8:17am

beensince1987 - I loved the scene between Borle and Davenport also, think it was one of the best moments of the show in 2 yrs that was not a musical number.

Updated On: 3/27/13 at 08:17 AM

East Village Profile Photo
East Village
#1146SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 8:43am

^ You're right. It was the only honest line of dialog in the entire series

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1147SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 9:05am

I wouldn't be surprised if Karen won actress (cringe) and Ivy gets nominated twice and wins for Liaisons.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#1148SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 9:18am

You're probably right, which is ridiculous since in what world would Karen, as played by Katharine McPhee, win a Tony award? It's not even like she has a good role (like say, Marilyn), she has some bland role in a really bad musical that we are told is "contemporary." I love that their version of contemporary is having the characters stand on some platforms across from the stage. The best part is when Jeremy Jordan defines the show as "it's about people falling in love," wow! Revolutionary! Broadway has never seen that before!
And I've said this but it never fails to surprise me with every new episode, Jimmy has to be one of the worst characters on TV right now, he's such an unprofessional, crazy, misogynistic, whiney, self-righteous kid. Why in the world does he have to scream at Derreck every time a change is suggested? Why do the writers/directors ask poor Jordan to scream all his lines as if screaming lines is the same thing as adding drama?
Watching the show last night I realized that one of my main problems with the show (one of many) is that everybody is basically really really bad at their jobs. Tom forgets he is a co-writer and should consult his partner before saying he's going to add new scenes into the show and an act break for Ivy (ridiculous that she supposedly dictates this!), he also is willing to compromise the entire production because of this guy he wants to sleep with again, he invites the entire cast to give him "notes," what a disaster. Meanwhile, Ivy (the one who's supposed to be a seasoned professional) is acting like a diva, asking for costume changes and stuff like that, which is so inconsistent with the way her character has been portrayed this season. Ah! The show makes me so angry but I can't stop watching.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

SporkGoddess
#1149SMASH
Posted: 3/27/13 at 9:31am

I LOVE how Jeremy Jordan was able to make Clyde Barrow so darn likeable and he, like, killed people. But then he can't make Jimmy even like... 5% likeable.

Also, even if Karen HAD slept with two men, that does not make her a slut. Slut is a terrible word and implies that a woman is amoral because she dared to have sex (gasp!) in an indiscriminate manner. Whose business is that? Not yours. To quote The Purity Myth: a woman's moral compass does not lie between the center of her legs.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

Videos