News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 44

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

PlayItAgain
#1075SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 10:37pm

i still don't understand why the wrote Sam out for like six episodes, what was Leslie Odom jr doing that they needed to do that....

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#1076SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 10:37pm

Actually, him saying he didn't want her in the show was what made me officially hate him.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#1077SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 10:39pm

Why do these people have so much power over the director....This is ridiculous.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1078SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 10:40pm

No one wants her in their show.

I lol'd with that.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#1079SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 10:42pm

Kyle is another mousy little bitch that I hate.

Too harsh?

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#1080SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 10:43pm

I have to say, I loved that new song! The direction was fantastic, too!

all that jazz
#1081SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 10:46pm

I still like Bombshell better... But yes the number was beautiful. Bombshell should win the Tony for best musical but Derek should still win for directing.

showchoirguy
#1082SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 10:48pm

^ There no way in hell that Tom will win for Bombshell, so Derek it is!

dramamama611
#1083SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 10:48pm

Finally, Krysta gets a solo!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

SporkGoddess
#1084SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 10:49pm

I didn't get the Hit List number. So does Jesse end up going to L.A.?

Also, isn't Karen playing the diva? Is that a different character? So confused.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
Updated On: 3/26/13 at 10:49 PM

dramamama611
#1085SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 10:56pm

I don't know why I keep hoping this is going to get better.

Oy.

Updated On: 3/26/13 at 10:56 PM

all that jazz
#1086SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 10:57pm

Apparently the diva is a different character, it confused me too.

Karen's a slut!! She's way fiercer than I thought.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#1087SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 10:59pm

She just buzzed in someone without knowing who it was...Karen, that is how you die.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1088SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 10:59pm

How is she a slut?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1089SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:00pm

could we have any less screen time for Hilty tonight. Such a shame she's getting pushed aside so two supporting actors get solos.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#1090SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:01pm

Jeremy Jordan's character on Smash is the worst written character on TV since... Ellis.

showchoirguy
#1091SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:02pm

It expect Megan to be getting more screen time with her mother next episode :)

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#1092Better?
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:03pm

The storyline involving Tom's choices as a director was the most compelling part of tonight. It was nice to see McPhee take a backseat for once, although her hand movements in the crappy HIT LIST song made me LOL. But what to do with Ivy? Is she going to get pushed aside now? And does Midriff really need a storyline with all that's going on??

Looks like next week its back to Jimmy the Jerk and McPhee cooing over their damn "gritty drama". Oh, SMASH...you'll never get it right.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

all that jazz
#1093SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:04pm

Well isn't she sleeping with Jimmy and sort of dating Derek at the same time?

Her mother!! As in Bernadette!!!

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#1094SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:04pm

She's not dating Derek.

FindingNamo
#1095SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:06pm

Now that Iowa has lain with man, a development that will be shamed by the appearance of her father, there is no way anybody but Megan Hilty will win that Tony. And why shouldn't she? Those few minutes she got to sing Let Me Be Your Star tonight did appear to be shot live.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

all that jazz
#1096SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:07pm

Not really, but he kinds of thinks they are, or at least thinks she loves him, and she let's him think that.

dramamama611
#1097SPLASH outshines SMASH
Posted: 3/26/13 at 11:08pm

She was never dating Derek.

She's had the hots for Jimmy since the moment she met him.

She's an idiot, not a slut.

Edited because I'm REALLY bad at names. (Thanks for the catch!)

Updated On: 3/26/13 at 11:08 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1098SPLASH outshines SMASH

I thought it was live, too. I doubt McPhee would ever agree to a live take considering how badly auto-tuned she is on the show.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#1099SPLASH outshines SMASH

I believe you mean Jimmy, dramamama.

Videos