News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 66

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

FindingNamo
#1625SMASH
Posted: 4/14/13 at 10:42pm

I want whoever's baby it is to star in Look Who's Singing!: The Look Who's Talking Musical in season 4, knock wood.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#1626SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 1:34am

I think Bernadette Peter's character will get pregnant thus leading to Eileen and Tom replacing her with Bernadette Peters.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#1627SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 7:04am

"One of the new Hitlist characters will obviously die, Jimmy most likely but Kyle and Ana are both possibilities. Meaning someone from Bombshell will be pregnant and since the thought of Julia bearing a child makes me want to vomit, Im gonna have to go with Ivy. I guess it'll be Derek's right? SCANDALOUS........ Kinda"

I would bet Ana will die. The drug dealer will try and kill Jimmy but Ana will get in the way by accident. I am going to go out on a limb (lol) and say Karen will get pregnant.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1628SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 7:19am

Why would Ana get in the way? She has no vested interest in Jimmy.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

FindingNamo
#1629SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 10:11am

Was there any indication Karen was pregnant when the mother ship abandoned her on earth?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#1630SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 10:25am

Moralistic: That whore Ivy will get pregnant and leave show biz for good. Jimmy will die, leaving Karen to heroically carry her strength into HIT LIST. Because nothing bad can ever happen to Karen, right???

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#1631SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 10:37am

I think Kyle is most likely to die, maybe protecting Jimmy. He is the only one, maybe other than Karen, who would take a bullet for Jimmy, and sadly she will not be the one kicking the bucket.

I think Ana is most likely to get pregnant causing her to be replaced in Hit List.

If Jimmy dies then I would bet on Karen getting pregnant with his spawn.

The sweetest pregnancy (I guess) would be Ivy by Derek. That would tie them up nicely for the end of the series, and I'd rather see Ivy raise a child than Karen.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Jon
#1632SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 10:45am

"Did anyone happen to see "Grace" last last year? It literally did exactly what Derek did with Hitlist last night, in terms of starting with a gunshot murder and then rewinding and working back to that scene. Anyways just something I realized and uh... I don't have much else to say about it"

That's also the way the musical "Blood Brothers" is done.

For that matter, Citizen Kane and Sunset Boulevard also start with a major character dead, and then go to flashback.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#1633SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:18am

^ To be fair, Derek said he was using Sunset Blvd. as the inspiration for that moment.

Does no one else love that the show is seeming to get that Karen is nothing but a repository for hatred, scorn and Jimmy Collin's coke-flecked semen??? It's like we're all finally getting what we wanted.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#1634SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:25am

Actually, Robbie, what I would like to see is for Derek to break the news to Karen that she can't really act, so he sends her off to an acting coach who proceeds to terrorize her into a shamble of tears.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

WhizzerMarvin
#1635SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:26am

What's disturbing about Karen's portrayal this season is that she was supposedly going to be this empowered woman in Season 2. She broke up with Dev and she wasn't going to take any more crap from guys. She would grow a spine with Bombshell and become a strong female character.

Now she is more pathetic than ever. Not only is she doing anything she can for a man, but she's pining for the loser lowest on the totem pole. I have some sympathy for McPhee; how the hell is she supposed to be playing this character??? She wants to be Marilyn all last season and then after finally securing the part drops out of the production on a whim. Then she gets paired up with the assh0le of the year, and has chosen to stand by her man, social security or not!

I bet they could even have Jimmy hit Karen and she'd stay with him. I've never been a Karen/McPhee fan, but no character has been assassinated by the writers more this season than her.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#1636SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:31am

Whizzer, after what you say happened to McPhee in season 2, perhaps she'll sign to appear in the next Theresa Rebeck play.

WhizzerMarvin
#1637SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:39am

Well McPhee could/would give a very similar performance to what Holmes gave in Dead Accounts. In fact I think McPhee would be ideal for the West Coast premiere!

I don't know if McPhee is ready to start originating roles, but I'd much rather see McPhee in anything on Broadway than to see a Rebeck play again.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#1638SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:43am

McPhee would be AWESOME in a Terri Schiavo musical!

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#1639SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:44am

Ha! Yeah, McPhee could go from Dead Series to DEAD ACCOUNTS!

Rebeck's days on Broadway are definitely in peril, if not already "dead."

Updated On: 4/15/13 at 11:44 AM

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#1640SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:47am

borstalboy, while the Terry Schiavo musical is being developed, perhaps McPhee can be Crystal Bowersox's standby for ALWAYS... PATSY CLINE.

WhizzerMarvin
#1641SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:48am

Actually egghumor, Roundabout just did a reading of a new Rebeck play with with David Turner and Kristine Nielsen. A friend of mine went and said it (shockingly) wasn't very good.

Borstalboy, HA! I bet we'll see that musical at the Fringe/NYMF sooner than you think.

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#1642SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:51am

Ah yes, the Roundabout is always a great place to re-launch a career. If nothing else, Rebeck is prolific. She'll be writing plays to the bitter end.

Wildcard
#1643SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 12:37pm

Karen is like the Taylor Swift of this show. She blames others for failures but the common denominator is actually her.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#1644SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 1:09pm

Now that's just too damned far Wildcard!

We can compare McPhee/Karen to Terry Schiavo and all is well. No one deserves to be compared to that robotic twit Taylor Swift. No one.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#1645SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 1:22pm

The gunshot-character-dead-time-to-rewind plot is not only familiar from Citizen Kane and Grace, but plays out in almost this exact fashion, complete with a Diva and a concert, in Citizen Kane's remake/remodel, "Velvet Goldmine."

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#1646SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 1:33pm

Maybe Ana will be killed and then Lady GaGa can be her replacement since "Original" is basically an ode to her.

I am also of the mindset that Rebeck should never write another play, much less have one produced on Broadway.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1647SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 1:33pm

Ana will kill Karen -- she finally had enough her whining and inability to think for herself, not to mention her witchy attitude.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Ham3
#1648SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 3:27pm

So, what's with these pictures, from an upcoming episode, of Daphne Rubin-Vega in blonde wig doing a Marilyn? Is she going to be some kind of threat to Ivy?

Jon
#1649SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 3:32pm

Maybe Daphne replaces Bernadette as the mom. She's old enough.

Videos