News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 67

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#1650SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 6:13pm

"Why would Ana get in the way? She has no vested interest in Jimmy. "

Ana was briefly "flirting" with drug dealor in last episode, not knowing he was drug dealer. Maybe she is hanging out with the guy and Jimmy tries to steer him away from her. In a struggle with Jimmy, drug dealer kills Anna instead.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#1651SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 7:14pm

Hey Whizzer, do you know if we will see some Karen Marilyn numbers sung by Ivy? Also do you know if the extended intro of "Let Me Be Your Star" show up in the show at all?

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#1652SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 7:17pm

^I know at some point we get to hear Ivy sing "Don't Forget Me". Can't wait for that. Hopefully some others too

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#1653SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 10:28pm

Bernadette Peters' character is the one who gets pregnant and has a REALLY talented child who makes his Broadway debut at age 2 and wins a Tony. Ivy gets jealous and shoots EVERYONE on the show.

Fire and Music
#1654SMASH
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:24pm

Maybe Ellis will die. One could only dream.

beautywickedlover
#1655SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 11:51am

After I saw the episode last night I predicted Ana would die because that criminal from Jimmy's past would take advantage of her and then do something worse.

"Any word whats on the fronts for Hilty after SMASH?"

She provides one of the voices in the upcoming animated film, 'Legends of Oz: Dorothy Returns'.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1656SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 11:53am

Maybe SMASH will be like ALL MY CHILDREN and become an online show or continue as YouTube webisodes.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#1657SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 12:46pm

Ha! I can't believe someone will die, that is so absurd for the kind of show they started out as. Oh well, I'll play, Ana will clearly die if the last episode is any indication though I love the idea of Jimmy dying before the show opens, and SMASH wants HIT LIST to be RENT so badly that they'd do that in a heartbeat. Clearly, as others have said, Ivy will get pregnant because she's not a nice innocent girl from Iowa like she's supposed to be.
This last episode is characteristic of the best SMASH episodes, still insanely cringing half of the time (seriously, can Jimmy die? Please?) but then there's moments of brilliance that suggest how good the show could be. Mainly, Megan Hilty always rises to the top and her storyline was so perfectly handled, much different than when GLEE did the same a few episodes ago with Rachel deciding she was too good for topless, ugh (that's the same awful episode in which she sang a duet with herself). Oh, SMASH, you could have been so good...

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Amalia Balash Profile Photo
Amalia Balash
#1658SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 1:32pm

My guess is Jimmy dies nobly and tragically rescuing or protecting Karen from his evil drug dealer. Karen then finds out she's pregnant and runs back to Iowa to raise her child and star in regional productions of West Side Story.

I'd actually much prefer Ivy to be the one becoming pregnant because I'm more interested in her character. And Karen dying from getting in the line of fire while running after the spotlight wouldn't bother me in the least.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1659SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 1:38pm

I hope they end the season with a huge cliffhanger that will never be resolved since there's no way the show will be back for season 3.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#1660SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 1:42pm

What do you mean the show won't be back, Jordan? Haven't you seen the ratings? It'll come back and Megan Hilty will get her second Emmy for it.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#1661SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 1:43pm

Popular-style!

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#1662SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 1:50pm

They could always steal a page from Twin Peaks and have the final fifteen minutes of the season finale show Karen Cartwright, minutes away from the Tony awards, suddenly get possessed by a Native American chaos demon, self-mutilate and start screaming "How's Leo? How's Leo? How's Leo?"

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#1663SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 1:57pm

Don't get our hopes up

AEA AGMA SM
#1664SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 2:07pm

I'd prefer a St. Elsewhere ending where just as they are about to announce the winner of the Tony they zoom out of Radio City to see that it's just been all imagined by an autistic child holding a snow globe.

Ham3
#1665SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 4:36pm

What on earth is this Hilty-McPhee duet of That's Life, allegedly from the next episode?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1666SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 4:38pm

It's what the story arc of the third season hinges on.

FindingNamo
#1667SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 4:43pm

Charlie drops the delicate snow globe on the hardwood floor and we finally find out why the show has been called SMASH this whole time.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#1668SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 4:47pm

Can it still be played by Chad Allen?

Ham3
#1669SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 5:18pm

"Charlie drops the delicate snow globe on the hardwood floor and we finally find out why the show has been called SMASH this whole time."

And Charlie whispers "Rosebud" ... fade to black ...

beensince1987 Profile Photo
beensince1987
#1670SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 8:44pm

The Lily Hayes Theatre could have been David H. Koch Theater in Lincoln Center just from watching Orchestra taking so much space in front of the stage (I know it was not).
I don't think Eileen would be ok with taking so many seats out for the orchestra and for the beginning of the act 2.

kieranbec Profile Photo
kieranbec
#1671SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 9:12pm

Obviously Ellis will get pregnant with Dev's baby and Leo will die in the arms of Michael Swift's son after vein stabbed by Nikki Blonsky.

But really, Ivy will be the one to get pregnant. Updated On: 4/16/13 at 09:12 PM

fingerlakessinger Profile Photo
fingerlakessinger
#1672SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 9:18pm

What is really ticking me off is that they are trying to portray "Hit List" as the superior show over "Bombshell." The review, the characters that keep referring to it as a "groundbreaking" piece of theater, everything is pointing towards it being the "better" show, when in reality, they only have shown songs that are trashy, wannabe pop songs (Although I do love "Heart Shaped Wreckage")
"Bombshell" is by far the superior show. Especially since they have actually explained the damn plot for it.

"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."

Ham3
#1673SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 9:40pm

"But really, Ivy will be the one to get pregnant."

And Karen will take over Bombshell?

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#1674SMASH
Posted: 4/16/13 at 9:44pm

^wowwwww I hope that does not happen. Ugh.

Videos