News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 89

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

peachesr82 Profile Photo
peachesr82
#2200SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 2:48pm

It was Ana who Derek seemed to be hinting at replacing, he made some comment about her while they were in the bar in the promo. Also is it just me, or if Kyle is dead, does no one look that devastated?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPYOoDSBN1Q

Updated On: 4/28/13 at 02:48 PM

Fire and Music
#2201SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 3:12pm

"Actually, that does say that on Kyle's bio."

You're right. My mistake.

Ham3
#2202SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 3:46pm

I can't read Kyle's bio on the Youtube version of the promo. If anything, it looks like the first words are "Kyle was." Where is there a legible image? Thanks.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#2203SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 3:47pm

bwayrose7 - I absolutely agree with you, because I feel like it'll be some big cliche to do where he doesn't remember anything or what have you, but come opening night - Oh, Hit List? I wrote that! I think like you said, if anything, he's injured or out of commission for awhile, but if he was actually dead - his bio would reflect that in some manner.

My money is still on Jimmy dying before opening night or on stage at the Tonys, because I just feel like that'll happen or something. Killing off Kyle would be too random in a sense, when it's clear Jimmy is headed down a path to self destruction. Also, Carolee Carmello was giving me everything in this episode. "Do you want my autograph? I'm his mother!"

I also had to laugh when she mentioned 'all the people in line', and all I could think about was - yeah, longer line than at Scandalous.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

ClumsyDude15
#2204SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 3:50pm

This photo isn't the best quality, but Kyle's bio is above Jimmy's head and the line "Follow Kyle on Twitter" is very visible.
Hit List Bios

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2205SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 3:52pm

Why is the book writer's picture bigger than the director or the songwriter of a new musical?

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#2206SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 3:53pm

Una Mierda!

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2207SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 3:54pm

Why is the book writer's picture bigger than the director or the songwriter of a new musical?

BECAUSE HE'S DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jordan Catalano
#2208SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 3:55pm

How dare you, sir.

How dare you.

broadway guy
#2209SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 3:58pm

Kyle isn't dead. Nope

peachesr82 Profile Photo
peachesr82
#2210SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:00pm

I watched Brothers and Sisters for years and had no idea Derek had directed some of them!

Jordan Catalano
#2211SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:01pm

He directed that one episode where Kitty and Justin robbed the liquor store.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#2212SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:02pm

So bad we are talking about another show. Loved Obamas joke last night about NBC.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#2213SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:03pm

If anyone still thinks the bio we saw isn't Kyle's, Andy just tweeted a picture of it and made a comment about it.

Ham3
#2214SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:06pm

"This photo isn't the best quality, but Kyle's bio is above Jimmy's head and the line "Follow Kyle on Twitter" is very visible.
Hit List Bios"

Thanks. Those first two words I see are not "Kyle was" but "Born and." Same number of letters anyway!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2215SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:10pm

I watched Brothers and Sisters for years and had no idea Derek had directed some of them!

And (guffaw!) "Awake"!

Jordan Catalano
#2216SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:13pm

I liked that show. Poor B.D. Wong left SVU for it.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2217SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:15pm

Just like Sam left Book of Mormon!

Jordan Catalano
#2218SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:17pm

Poor Sam. If SMASH gets canceled can he go back to MORMON?

ClumsyDude15
#2219SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:26pm

Keep in mind, Sam is now Jimmy's u/s in Hit List. ..Because, you know, THAT makes sense.

coryografer Profile Photo
coryografer
#2220SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:37pm

When I checked Imdb.com Mientus' list of episodes stops with last night's episode. Everyone else is listed through The Tonys episode. Hmmmmmmm???

ClumsyDude15
#2221SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:38pm

Considering he's in next week's episode in some capacity, that's clearly wrong.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#2222SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:57pm

Would it surprise anyone that SMASH treats Kyle's death as "Hup! Well, that's over" and next week's episode takes place weeks later?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

ClumsyDude15
#2223SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:59pm

If that were true, why would they release promo photos of him in the actual episode? If it was just a "Well, this has been fun" moment and they moved on, they wouldn't reference [or show him] at all.

Ham3
#2224SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:59pm

So what's the "unexpected tragedy" that "bonds the casts of Hit List and Bombshell" next week, according to NBC's web site?

Videos