News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 91

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2250SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:38pm

Jordan, did you ask if Kyle is really dead?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2251SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:40pm

I actually did. LOL

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#2252SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:40pm

I guess the first run of Hit List Playbills will need an insert saying, "The role of BOOKWRITER, usually played by KYLE, will be played instead by nobody. Because Kyle is dead."

Also: that is a terrible bio.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2253SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:42pm

You just can't deal with how edgy that bio is.

Jordan Catalano
#2254SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:45pm

"Kyle wrote this book and then he died. Sorry 'bout it."

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#2255SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:47pm

The equivalent of dropping the mic. EDGY.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#2256SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:48pm

Kyle has gone to the Urban Outfitters in the sky. YOLO

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#2257SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:51pm

LOL!!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2258SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:51pm

Because Hit List is way too sharp, smart, witty, clever and emotionally confronting for the masses.

We just don't see its beauty.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Jordan Catalano
#2259SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:52pm

"Kyle would have wanted to thank his mom, Jimmy, his random ass collection of framed windowcards and Williamsburg. #YOLO"

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#2260SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:58pm

"Kyle would like all his ugly sweaters donated to Wool for Williamsburg, dedicated to giving ugly sweaters to those hipsters without, so they can wear them ironically.

He would also like to say for the last time that he is definitely versatile."

Jordan Catalano
#2261SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 7:00pm

...vers bttm.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#2262SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 7:02pm

"MASC for MASC only- NO BTTMS"

Jordan Catalano
#2263SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 7:03pm

"In lieu of flowers, no bttms"

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#2264SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 7:12pm

"Kyle's Funeral: MASC ONLY"

broadwayfever
#2265SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 7:21pm

@Ray

I actually think Krysta Rodriguez is the most underrated talent of the entire cast.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#2266SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 7:23pm

Phyllis..I read the entire recap of this person..whatshername. Hopefully, it will be the last time. She goes on such a ramble, in a Gwyneth Paltrow (I'm better and smarter than you) sort of way, that it defies description. I wish BWW had someone to do the Smash recaps. With regards to the episode itself, Iowa seemed to be in a catatonic state for a good chunk of time. While I admire Katharine McPhee and her singing, her acting...well.....sort of uninspiring. My ideal denoument (sp?) for Jimmy and Kyle would be a deathbed scene. Jimmy is sobbing while Kyle's life is slowly slipping away. Then, he gives Kyle the kiss his smitten collaborator has always wanted. It can happen. But I would love Kyle to survive. I can't wait for that episode. from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#2267SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 7:26pm

^ They have to sing A Little Fall of Rain.

Jordan Catalano
#2268SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 7:27pm

"Here Lies Kyle. On Top, Just like He Liked It"

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2269SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 8:04pm

sorry, but Mara Davi is all wrong for the role of the Diva if Derek is indeed looknig to replace her. I'd prefer to see her as Hilty's standby in Bombshell.

oh, and Kyle's not dead.....

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Jordan Catalano
#2270SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 8:14pm

To me, he is.

JohnyBroadway
#2271SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 8:27pm

Jordan, Kyle was a bottom.

Jordan Catalano
#2272SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 8:29pm

No, he was vers. Don't speak ill of the dead.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#2273SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 8:29pm

Kyle's going to be Token Gay Martyr anyway, dead or not. His pain exists so Jimmy can learn a lesson.

Kyle was VERSATILE bottom. So what if he almost always bottomed? He could top if he felt like it. He just... doesn't feel like topping tonight, okay? He's waiting for the right guy, and maybe he hasn't come along yet. So he's going to bottom, not because he likes to be the bottom, because he can also top.

Jordan Catalano
#2274SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 8:35pm

Stop pestering him to top. He's certainly not going to do it tonight, now!

Videos