News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 88

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

peachesr82 Profile Photo
peachesr82
#2175SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:33am

I doubt they actually killed him off, that and the fact they released pictures last week off him in forthcoming episodes...unless he is dead and he just keeps appearing to people as a ghost that totally sounds like something Smash would do. In which case, called it SMASH

Updated On: 4/28/13 at 04:33 AM

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#2176SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:27am

If you look closely on the theatre photos, Kyle's bio says to follow him on Twitter. Unless Smash has made it possible to tweet from the dead, he's alive.

Also, no where in the promo or on the bio from the theatre did they mention him being dead, there was the moment when Jimmy said "I want to do it for Kyle" which out of context sounds omnious, but given that it came from a promo, it could be anything. Also, Andy filmed all the way to the end and was seen in many cast photos on the last day, so I truly believe he isn't dead. Jimmy, on the other hand, I believe will be dead by season's end.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 4/28/13 at 06:27 AM

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#2177SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 7:24am

I think he's (sadly) dead, and the other pics we have seen are flashbacks. Like his nights (!) with Tom and maybe rewriting more of the Hit List book (since Julia taught him how to write).

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#2178SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 8:04am

FindingNamo - think about what the lines they have given McPhee, would not blame her for "giving up" - lol. The first season, she got to utter the quote that forever was mocked on this board "I'm in Tech". This year they have her fall in love with "Jimmy" a character that everybody hates and is badly written. They also have her leave "Bombshell" which has some wonderful songs to sing songs from "Hit List" which has songs that are mediocre at best.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#2179SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 8:08am

MaddieBB12 - I think he is definitely dead also and they will show flashbacks of him when "Hit List" opens and other moments. I would feel worse about them killing Kyle if SMASH was returning for a 3rd season which is very doubtful. I get the idea that Kyle's death is supposed to have a big effect on Jimmy and turn his life around.

FindingNamo
#2180SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 11:23am

"Andy Mientus must only be able to sing if he's walking down a street."

That's a step up from Karen, who can't act and chew gum at the same time.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#2181SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 11:46am

"Kyle has sung while walking in another episode."

LOL, The memory is fading...

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#2182SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 1:02pm

ClumsyDude: I noticed that too- you can't follow a dead man on Twitter, and it seems highly unlikely they'd have left that line in his bio if he really did die. There's a screencap of his bio shot floating around the Internet, and the sharpened image shows a fairly typical, lighthearted biography written in the present tense, with jokes about illegally downloading Hedwig and the Angry Inch and wanting a "30-second rewind button" for life "like on a DVR." But since his photo is bigger than Jimmy's and Derek's, my vote is for the possibility he is at least severely injured.
Also, I'm hearing mixed reports on whether Andy was there on the last day of filming- some say he was, some say he wasn't. If he was, I presume Kyle survives, or makes some "shocking" return in the finale?

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#2183SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 1:27pm

Happy news. Shukert's post is up. The saving grace of last night's episode.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/04/smash-recap-season-2-episode-13.html

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2184SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 1:41pm

My eyes started glazing over around the second paragraph and I couldn't get passed the fourth. So I guess I read like 1/8 of it?

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#2185SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 1:45pm

It gets better, Phyllis, I promise.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2186SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 1:51pm

Eh, I just can't do it with her recaps, usually. I try, but they get longer and less funny the more I'm subjected to them. I know they are a board favorite, so more power to everyone, but I find the AV Club ones a better read, especially if you're interested in actually reading about the show.

all that jazz
#2187SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 1:55pm

I couldn't get through it either, too many jokes.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#2188SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 1:58pm

Phyllis, I'm not a fan either. She comes off like "ooh look, I'm sooo clever".

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Fire and Music
#2189SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 2:00pm

But we don't see Kyle's bio in the preview. We only see Derek's and Jimmy's, the latter being the one that says "Follow him on Twitter."

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2190SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 2:09pm

Actually, that does say that on Kyle's bio. His picture is the middle but his bio is above Jimmy's picture. I mean, maybe it's a big Smash fakeout, but since we've been told all season someone is going to die, I'm still willing to wager that it's Kyle.

Also, I don't think we've touched on this yet, but what was that announcement before "Hit List" about recording the show about?

all that jazz
#2191SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 2:12pm

I think it was a meant to prove how hipster and cool they claim to be.

Updated On: 4/28/13 at 02:12 PM

hyperbole_and_a_half Profile Photo
hyperbole_and_a_half
#2192SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 2:13pm

What's all the hand-wringing over the (alleged) death of Kyle about? SMASH was not Andy's finest hour. We give McPhee a lot of **** about her acting, but Mientus has alternated between two, maybe three line readings over the course of the season. Plus when he started singing tonight in his grown-up baritone voice, there was such a disconnect between his speaking voice for me that I couldn't stifle the giggles. It's like when we hear Pazuzu's voice come out of Reagan for the first time in THE EXORCIST.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#2193SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 2:16pm

AVs recaps are better--they at least address the episode. I loved Shekert's recaps last year, but now they are so filled with in-jokes and...well that's it. I don't even understand them anymore (Dickweed?)

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2194SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 2:19pm

I'm not fully convinced that Kyle bites it. Why would they hint at that at the end of the episode? Too easy. I think it's someone else.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2195SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 2:19pm

Plus, I'm not sure that her love of musical theatre empowers her to use words like Faggotry (and other similar comments in earlier recaps). Everyone else's mileage may vary.

Updated On: 4/28/13 at 02:19 PM

beautywickedlover
#2196SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 2:28pm

Judging from the preview next week it looks like Kyle might be dead and it looks like Derek might want to replace Karen in the show.

Updated On: 4/28/13 at 02:28 PM

all that jazz
#2197SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 2:30pm

With who?

beautywickedlover
#2198SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 2:36pm

^ I thought I saw Daisy Parker, the woman whom Derek worked with before, in the bar during the preview. But maybe that was not her.

all that jazz
#2199SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 2:45pm

Karen is his muse, and the center of the SMASH universe, I highly doubt he'll replace her.

Videos