News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 90

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#2225SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 4:59pm

Kyle's accident?

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

peachesr82 Profile Photo
peachesr82
#2226SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 5:11pm

I'm now blaming Derek for the demise of 'Awake' Damn it Derek!

theatergoer3
#2227SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 5:13pm

Most likely Kyle's accident.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2228SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 5:14pm

SMASH

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2229SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 5:15pm

Will broadway dim their lights for a talent that was dimmed all too soon? #2day4U

Ham3
#2230SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 5:17pm

A "tragedy" seems like he's dead. But maybe he's just horribly, well, smashed up.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#2231SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 5:32pm

Kathy Lee Gifford looks like hell as a blonde and she should wear sleeves. Her arms look like oatmeal.

WHY are they wearing wigs and costumes to teach a children's class?!

They have made Jimmy so unlikable that there’s no hope for his part.

Tom is being a total dick to Julia, because he turned her down. Why is he so upset that she’s going to do GATSBY with someone else?! That's basically what he told her to do.

"He gets hit by a hot dog cart." With Headlights!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Updated On: 4/28/13 at 05:32 PM

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#2232SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 5:40pm

This was such a terrible, embarrassing episode. The writers are only good when it comes to making Jimmy the worst character on television at the moment, every time I think I can't hate him more, the writers surprise me with a new episode where he behaves like the most unrealistic, unlikable, awful character. And at this point I'm starting to feel bad for McPhee. HIT LIST is a disaster. The chair choreography, the cringing finale, that atrocious scene between the two leads, the costumes...the list is endless.
The premise of Ivy being overworked was kind of interesting, but then they didn't do anything with it. I'm so happy I got to hear Hilty singing the mambo though! The only good thing about the episode.
I can't stand the fact everybody on the show behaves so unprofessionally. Debra Messing says yes to writing GATSBY but then tries to pull out just because Tom has a hissy fit? They bicker like they're in a lost audition tape for WILL & GRACE in front of an entire audience while promoting their struggling new Broadway show?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Ham3
#2233SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 5:49pm

Speaking of Ivy being overworked ... who's her understudy?

Jordan Catalano
#2234SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 5:52pm

Sam.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2235SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 5:53pm

Speaking of Sam, I loved Jeremy's rant about Karen bring in her "friend" to replace him. Save for the "I love church" moment, has there ever been any indication on this show that they are friends?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2236SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 5:53pm

Why would Kyle's accident bring them together. The only one with any sort of connection to him from Bombshell would be Tom, right?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2237SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 5:54pm

And Julia.

SporkGoddess
#2238SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 5:55pm

Okay, so Amanda dies in Hit List and then they just have this happy group number without any follow-up to her death? There's no reaction from Jesse, who was supposedly madly in love with her? I'd be so pissed if I saw that show.

Also, diaf Jimmy.

I laughed a lot at everyone talking about how "edgey" Hit List is. Yes, it's so edgy with its POP MUSIC and its POVERTY and CHARACTER DEATH. God, Sweeney Todd alone makes it look like Sesame Street (only the latter has better music).

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#2239SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 5:56pm

This show got good. Anything that involves the unrequited love of a hunky straight guy by a gay I'm totally in for. When Jimmy called him out for it- very tasty indeed!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2240SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 5:56pm

Well, he did sing at Zombie Amanda as she wandered across the stage.

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#2241SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:01pm

"Speaking of Ivy being overworked ... who's her understudy?"

-

Her mother.

In a shocking twist, the Tony community rules in favor of Leigh being nominated in the role of Marilyn as Leading Actress and she beats Karen without ever going on.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2242SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:05pm

Right....and Julia. Still.

As for Hit List...it's not like we saw the whole thing, so who know what was suppose to happen.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Jordan Catalano
#2243SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:08pm

Speaking of (S)Hit List, does anyone have ANY clue what that show is supposed to actually be about?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2244SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:09pm

Rock and Roll! The Diva! Love! Edge! The Diva!

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#2245SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:10pm

Didn't they say once that a lot of people die at the end of HIT LIST? Is that still true? Or did Julia get rid of that when she became the dramaturg?
Also, I can't stand the wigs for HIT LIST! And sorry but Krysta Rodriguez is doing as poor of a job as McPhee, Jordan and the guy who played Kyle.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#2246SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:14pm

Kyle ain't dead. Jimmy will die. A very sexy hot death.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#2247SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:18pm

Kyle's bio: "Born and raised in Bay Ridge, Kyle attended Fort Hamilton High School, where he illegally downloaded his first cult album 'Heding and the Angry Inch' at age 14 in the library. Since then he's been obsessed, in order, with the following: Cole Porter, Moulin Rouge, Scissor Sisters, Alex Timbers, The Great Gatsby, Houston and Levitt, the Muppets, Our Lady J, the Grain, Stephen Sondheim, and Lena Dunham. He got his associate degree from LaGuardia Community College. Kyle's biggest wish: a '30 seconds back' button on conversations like the one on a DVR. Proud Greenpoint resident. Follow Kyle on Twitter."

Kyle is ALIVE

Jordan Catalano
#2248SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:25pm

Ok, so I just spoke with a pretty prominent cast member about the show. I asked him/her if the show was cancelled or not. He/She told me that it's still not official and any word that it is cancelled is false. However they would all be absolutely shocked if it were picked up for another season and are going ahead as if it's over.

Just wanted to put it out there.

SporkGoddess
#2249SMASH
Posted: 4/28/13 at 6:26pm

Jeez, is Lena Dunham screwing one of the writers of Smash or something?

All we have of Hit List is a very vague storyline where apparently this guy from THE STREETS whose childhood was TERRIBLE writes these songs to express his anger which he calls his "Hit List," this chick he's in love with sleeps with him and steals one of these songs, it becomes a huge hit, she becomes a pop star, and she keeps coming back for more songs. He keeps giving it to her because he loves her even though he knows she's just using him. Then at some point the chick becomes so popular that another pop singer gets jealous and shoots her?

Amanda's death transitioned right to the ending, so I'm pretty sure that's it. But maybe I'm wrong.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

Videos