News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

New RENT TRAILER! Today AUG 25 on ACCESS HOLLYWOOD- Page 7

New RENT TRAILER! Today AUG 25 on ACCESS HOLLYWOOD

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#150It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 8:40pm

Right, that's what happened - the Chbosky screenplay was incorporated into Columbus's draft.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#151It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 8:42pm

Okay...that's what i was hoping for.

theatrebabe
#152It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 8:44pm

does anyone no specifically what songs they cut out?
sorry,i just keep asking questions

"While some feel it is a film related question, I seem to think it may be a 'I am thinking of losing my winkie' sort of question."
-cheezedoodle

BroadwayGirl107
#153It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 8:48pm

Both parts of "Happy New year" and the Tune Ups and Voice Mails have been cut.

theatrebabe
#154It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 8:50pm

awwww really?that sucks.but i can see,how it might be hard to those while trying to make it seem like real life

"While some feel it is a film related question, I seem to think it may be a 'I am thinking of losing my winkie' sort of question."
-cheezedoodle

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#155It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 8:53pm

"Christmas Bells" also went into the garbage can....

BroadwayGirl107
#156It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 8:57pm

Oh, right. I knew I was missing something.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#157It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:00pm

Ditto for "We're Okay"...

theatrebabe
#158It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:02pm

this is depressing,course it would be no matter what

-cheezedoodle

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#159It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:04pm

Hopefully Columbus and Co. will be able to find this thread with all the other ones about the trailer around. :-P

This is sort of off topic, but does anyone have the link for the stage version of RENT in Asia (I think Japan)? I really would appreciate it.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#160It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:05pm

I'm a little misty-eyed after watching that. Now I'm honextly excited. I didn't know what to expect, but now I'm ready for it!

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

elphieisperky
#161It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:11pm

I saw it about an hour ago, thanks to that link, but I waited to post here until I saw it offically on TV. Wow. Amazing. I cried, I even made my mom watch it, who isn't crazy about Rent. She said even she was excited! I love all of them huddled up at the end singing No Day But Today. Beautiful. Idina's speech was cute, she did it a bit differently, but it was still great. Anyhoo, it was fantastic, I've still got the chills!

kas Profile Photo
kas
#162It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:24pm

ha ha ha haaaa ! marquise - st elmo's fire!!!! that is hilarious! let's see.... Demi is now Rosario, RTob Lowe is now Adam.... Judd is now Taye....

i liked the tv version, but what is the thing with the dialogue? i can't see it on the movie fone site.

Rentaholic2
#163It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:34pm

i love it! Except--i guess, mostly because of the script that leaked, I pictured finale B in the lot outside (at some point atleast) with a Lot of people and a huge pan of everyone singing and the projection on all the sorounding buildings or something really big like that...not just the 7 huddled together in the living room...even though that is how it is....unless of course there is some more powerful final shot which i'm sure there is.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#164It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:43pm

actually in the new ending audrey II multiplies and goes on a blood curdling rampage of the east village and eats the entire cast before taking over the world...

BwayTheatre11
#165It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:44pm

This trailer shows us exactly what this show/movie's true meaning is...not that it is about gay people with aids.

It is about eight friends, one extraordinary year. Love. Hope. Struggle. Triumph.

CCM '10!

BroadwayGirl107
#166It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:46pm

^I hope our friend art2 read that.

kasim Profile Photo
kasim
#167It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:46pm

awesome :) i cant wait :)

BwayTheatre11
#168It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:49pm

I have watched it about 10 times, now. My mom walked in...she loves RENT.

CCM '10!

MyDreamsRecurring Profile Photo
MyDreamsRecurring
#169It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:49pm

"^I hope our friend art2 read that."

haha, ditto :)
im not sure if someone posted the link yet but here it is

http://movies.aol.com/movie_exclusive_rent_clip

"No two shows are alike in the making. Each show is a living piece of your life in a small unreal world with its own character and integrity; its own new set of memorable experiences and incredible happenings. You begin to love and adapt to its strangeness. Dreams harden into substance. Values come into focus. You wish it would never end. The dream world vanishes like mist before a rising sun; part of you vanishes with it. And back you land in the real world with a thud- fogged, uneasy, jittery, difficult to get along with. There is only one cure. A new show. A new, small unreal world; new visions, experiences, incredible happenings. Again you love it, adapt to it, wish it would never end. But end it does. Another part of you vanishes. That's show business."-Anonymous

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#170It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:51pm

What?!!! It's about 8 friends?!!! Dammit!! Where is the grit?! Where are the blaring, ear splitting guitar riffs!!? Where are the two men getting it on?!!! Where are the homeless people sleeping in tent cities in the lots?!!! Where are the drug infested crack whores selling their bods for a fix?! Where is the hilarious over-the-top drag queen who fatally croaks in the end inducing the audience to chest heaving sobs?!! And what of the lesbians?!!! Damn you Chris Columbus!!! Damn you straight to oblivion!!!!

Updated On: 8/25/05 at 09:51 PM

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#171It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:52pm

You're going the right way for a smacked bottom Marquise. It's awesome

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#172It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:53pm

It's awesome

:: shakes bottom :: Updated On: 8/25/05 at 09:53 PM

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#173It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:54pm

Yowza'

theatrebabe
#174It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:59pm

now Marquise,don't u think your being a tad too negative about this?

-cheezedoodle

Videos