News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

New RENT TRAILER! Today AUG 25 on ACCESS HOLLYWOOD- Page 8

New RENT TRAILER! Today AUG 25 on ACCESS HOLLYWOOD

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#175It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 10:01pm

no not at all.
i would say the batteries on your sarcasm detector need serious re-charging though.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#176It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 10:02pm

geez..these stand-bys just don't have a clue....

theatrebabe
#177It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 10:19pm

hehe

"While some feel it is a film related question, I seem to think it may be a 'I am thinking of losing my winkie' sort of question."
-cheezedoodle

marvin2 Profile Photo
marvin2
#178It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 10:31pm

Does it seem like, the Tune-ups, Voicemails, Happy New Years, and We're Okay being cut, that the movie version of RENT is going to be more like a traditional musical rather than a "rock opera" due to the increase in dialogue? Could this be an attempt to avoid The Phantom of the Opera (which was mostly singing)?

Avatar (C) Gregory Jbara, used with permission. Visit his web site at www.gregoryjbara.com! Click here!

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#179It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 10:36pm

...have it all on tape, oh yeah.

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#180It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 11:06pm

After replaying that trailer over and over again, I have regained my composure and can type now...WOW, I was absolutely blown away!! This movie looks...like the most amazingly perfect movie ever created in the history of cinema. Or something like that. At this point, I don't think Columbus could do anything short of replacing all the music with animal noises that would make me ANY less excited to see this! I absolutely loved Adams delivery of that line, he sounded just like a stubborn little boy who was being forced to ask this chick out even though he's terrified! And, can I ask how hot Rosario looked?? WHEW!! I'm a straight girl, and I would give anything to have been that pole...wow. That's all I have to say for now It's awesome

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!
Updated On: 8/26/05 at 11:06 PM

cudramacat
#181It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 11:15pm

EEEEKKK!!!!!! That was amazing!!!!

"Life has been your art. You have set yourself to music. Your days are your sonnets." -Oscar Wilde

theatrebabe
#182It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 11:22pm

haha,that was cute EverythingIsRENT

"While some feel it is a film related question, I seem to think it may be a 'I am thinking of losing my winkie' sort of question."
-cheezedoodle

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#183It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 11:36pm

"are you serious? no offense if your an Idina fan or something but come on, she sounded like a 7th grader in a school play with that line. "

Don't say "no offense" before saying that. Just be rude and say it if you have a problem or just say "I don't agree but to each his own" or something. Sheesh.

Was I the only one NOT crazy about Adam's delivery of his line to Rosario. Didn't like it at all.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#184It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 11:47pm

I can't wait to see Rosario & Idina's performances. Rosario should be amazing as usual as should Idina. It's her big screen break...we shall see It's awesome

theatrebabe
#185It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 11:52pm

ooo,wasn't crazy about adam's delivery,something about it got to me,don't know wht...

-cheezedoodle

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#186It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 11:59pm

It might have something to do with his lack of acting ability.

theatrebabe
#187It's awesome
Posted: 8/26/05 at 12:03am

oooooooooooooo

-cheezedoodle

bwayfan3 Profile Photo
bwayfan3
#188It's awesome
Posted: 8/26/05 at 12:03am

I have to say this is not my favorite trailer...i still like the international (minus the voiceover) best...i think it does the best job of appealing to the widest range of possible audiences. And while many may say, it doesn't matter what people who don't know what Rent is think, let's be honest, everyone should want it to do well. they deserve it.

Nevertheless, I think it is completely and totally unfair to judge any actor's performance on the delivery of the one lines of dialogue we hear in this trailer. It's totally out of context.

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#189It's awesome
Posted: 8/26/05 at 12:25am

It doesn't seem as weak to me after several viewings. Well, the singing on the couch seems even worse. But I'm still going to give it a chance just because I want it to do well. NO singing on the couch in the theatrical release, though.
Updated On: 8/26/05 at 12:25 AM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#190It's awesome
Posted: 8/26/05 at 12:28am

It is 10:25 Denver time and I get to see it when Access Hollywood is on in 40 minutes!

Just give the world Love.

jam_man
#191It's awesome
Posted: 8/26/05 at 12:57am

It's about 10 minutes till midnight here around St. Louis, and we just got to see it. I need to sleep, so I'll just post my thoughts without reading any of yours. Sorry - I'll get to it tomorrow.

With the exception of the singing and the set up for the "Finale B," I though it looked MAGNIFICENT!!! It did sound like, though that something wasn't quite right with the harmonies on the last part - it sounded like either Adam or Anthony was off a tad, or something. Maybe it's just that I'm used to hearing it with the ensemble as well, but something didn't seem right, musically. And the look for the end of "Finale B" looks a tad strange and unexciting. That may do the film in as a whole. Even if the rest of the movie is good. I think we all can agree (at least those of us who will admit Rent has always had some major flaws) that the ending is at least the most contraversial part as far as weather or not it works (but let's not argue that one at the moment). So it doesn't have that much going for it already, and if that's all they did with it, then it might change a few critical minds. Other than that, though, I must say, it's looking better and better every time something new is released.

Sorry if all or part of what I just said has already been addressed, but I need to get to bed - I have school.

"Who is Stephen Sondheim?" -roninjoey
"The man who wishes he had written Phantom of the Opera!" - SueleenGay

GO CARDINALS!!!

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#192It's awesome
Posted: 8/26/05 at 1:00am

I watched it on Access Hollywood and online and I got chills. I was just so excited that they had Finale B as the song instead of SOL because it's one of my favorite songs. I just wish they'd shown the whole thing on AH, they took out most of the dialogue just so they could make more room for Britney's baby shower. *eyeroll*

I can't believe people are worried about the trailer spoiling the ending. How many times have y'all seen it? Did you think they'd have some surprise twist in the end? People who haven't seen the show probably won't be able to pick on these "spoilers" without watching the trailer multiple times.

I get some of the comments about Idina's line. I don't like it when Maureens force themselves to cry at that line, but they should at least sound upset. However, after listening to it about 10 times it's really just a different interpretation, like she's remembering Angel fondly. Same argument for Marcus Paul James smiling during ICY:R, which I've had many times before.

I hope our friend art2 read that.
Oh, but when they showed Collins and Angel kissing, they were in the corner of the screen while Roger and Mimi are center screen. Obviously homophobic.

they should have gotten real down-on-their-luck-drug-addicted-hiv-infected-east-villagers to star.
I guess Lindsay Lohan was busy.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#193It's awesome
Posted: 8/26/05 at 1:06am

lol, orangeskittles.

I agree about Idina's line. I think her other interpretation was more poignant, though. *shrug* Then again, that wouldn't have worked in the trailer. Maybe it's a take that won't be used inthe movie, but worked in the trailer.

Right. I'm being a tad nitpicky.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#194It's awesome
Posted: 8/26/05 at 1:21am

Nice trailer....won't pick it apart because there is no reason to...I think the movie will be wonderful....I hope the movie will be wonderful.

Just give the world Love.

Rentaholic2
#195It's awesome
Posted: 8/26/05 at 1:36am

EvelynNesbit1906, the singing on the couch was the ONLY thing that bothered me too. I'm sure they have a bigger shot of something after that, but in the trailer atleast, it looks like they are all sitting down to catch Wheel of Fortune before reviewing their life-altering year together.

karlean7 Profile Photo
karlean7
#196It's awesome
Posted: 8/26/05 at 1:54am

Random really happy note.

You can TOTALLY hear Adam hitting the high notes on "today" right before they count down. Even with 8 singers (presumably, maybe more), he stands out.

I swooned. Juuuuuust a little.

(Okay, maybe a lot)

MissMonika Profile Photo
MissMonika
#197It's awesome
Posted: 8/26/05 at 3:58am

Ohhhh my. I love that trailer!!! I wanted to shout, scream, and laugh at the same time when I first saw it. Ahhh!!

I don't think it's nice to judge someone on their acting ability because of one line. Wait til the movie comes out to start the criticisms. At least that way we are giving the actors a chance to show us what they did.

Yes, I'm pinay. And I'm proud of it!

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#198It's awesome
Posted: 8/26/05 at 9:26am

BroadwayGirl107:
"I agree about Idina's line. I think her other interpretation was more poignant, though. *shrug* Then again, that wouldn't have worked in the trailer. Maybe it's a take that won't be used inthe movie, but worked in the trailer."

I really don't think it does work in the trailer though. For someone who has no idea what RENT is, I think it would probably look like a scene where Idina's character is giving a (not very good) performance in some kind of play.

MissMonika
"I don't think it's nice to judge someone on their acting ability because of one line. Wait til the movie comes out to start the criticisms. At least that way we are giving the actors a chance to show us what they did."

I think you're right about judging someone's acting ability on one line, however, a lot of people have seen the actors in other things and that is part of what they're basing their opinion on. I think it's mean to outright diss someone for their acting, but to say "I personally don't think (this or that) person is a very good actor" is okay with me. It's certainly possible that movie acting is not really the forte of some of the actors in the movie who are more known for the stage, but I'm willing to give them a chance.

Here's the overall point. If there are lines in the movie right now that are totally ineffective, they can possibly be redubbed and fixed right now while there's still time.

I liked the trailer overall, but I still think they made a mistake not using OUT TONIGHT or the title song in the trailer. Maybe they will in the tv commercials tho.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
Updated On: 8/26/05 at 09:26 AM

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#199It's awesome
Posted: 8/26/05 at 9:39am

i loved the trailer.. i think i must be the only one who actually liked how idina said that line. It sounded to me like she was upset, but at the same time remembering him. Best trailer so far.. i'm glad they didnt use SOL again.. at the rate those trailers were going i mightve actually gotten sick of that song before the movie came out. I love Finale B and I always imagined that would be the song playing on the trailer.

Videos