News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Obama is going to the Saturday matinee of "Hamilton"...- Page 5

Obama is going to the Saturday matinee of "Hamilton"...

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#100Obama at Hamilton
Posted: 7/20/15 at 12:17pm

I think LinManuel is doing a really professional and humbling thing by sticking with the schedule. He's pro enough to know he is the Director first and foremost.

Really? I mean, really?! Miranda IS NOT the show's director. Tom Kail is the show's director; Lin-Manuel Miranda stars as the lead as well as wrote the music and lyrics and the show's book. What's next? Him getting incorrectly credited as the pit conductor? Costume Designer? Choreographer, too?

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#101Obama at Hamilton
Posted: 7/20/15 at 12:26pm

I'll leave the dick part for you two to volley but I don't think the Casandra metaphor is apt: there are few if any disbelievers re the notion of legalized corruption today; it is the foremost issue confronting our country, and in the forefront of the current political conversation.

skies Profile Photo
skies
#102Obama at Hamilton
Posted: 7/20/15 at 1:17pm

Well,  the POTUS attending is a big deal for a BW in previews which already has buzz off the kazoo for months.

It's not a question of Hamilton being a hit, but whether it joins the 5+ or  10+ shows....

"when I’m on stage I see the abyss and have to overcome it by telling myself it’s only a play." - Helen Mirren

Liza's Headband
#103Obama at Hamilton
Posted: 7/20/15 at 2:23pm

there are few if any disbelievers re the notion of legalized corruption today; it is the foremost issue confronting our country, and in the forefront of the current political conversation.

Amen. Preach it, HH. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#104Obama at Hamilton
Posted: 7/20/15 at 2:34pm

I am not a fan of that abbreviation. Can't you find some less heinous way of referring to me?

Wilmingtom
#105Obama at Hamilton
Posted: 7/20/15 at 5:19pm

Thanks, headband, for once again turning a celebration into a wake.  Don't you ever get tired of highjacking threads just for the sake of being antagonistic?  Sorry for feeding the troll, everyone, but really.  Enough is enough.

ghostlight2
#106Obama at Hamilton
Posted: 7/20/15 at 5:51pm

^^^ Hear, hear! This page is about Broadway, and news of the President seeing a show qualifies. Talk about his politics does not. Take it to the off topic board, please.

Liza's Headband
#107Obama at Hamilton
Posted: 7/20/15 at 7:21pm

Absolutely not. HAMILTON is a commentary on the state of politics and our country's government. This discussion is relevant and on-topic. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#108Obama at Hamilton
Posted: 7/20/15 at 7:45pm

To quote LMM (and now the ads!), Hamilton is "the story of America then told by America now."

FindingNamo
#109Obama at Hamilton
Posted: 7/20/15 at 7:49pm

"Don't you ever get tired of highjacking threads just for the sake of being antagonistic?"

Still didn't answer the question but gets apoplectic if his own stupidity is not responded to.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ghostlight2
#110Obama at Hamilton
Posted: 7/20/15 at 8:55pm

"Absolutely not. HAMILTON is a commentary on the state of politics and our country's government. This discussion is relevant and on-topic. "

On the off topic board, absolutely. On the main board, it most definitely is not. Nothing you posted had anything to do with Hamilton. You're just trolling - and Finding Namo is helping you. Take it off line or to the off topic board. That's what it is there for.

Wilmingtom
#111Obama at Hamilton
Posted: 7/20/15 at 10:13pm

What question, headband?  I don't see that you asked me a question.

Videos