Skip to main content
Shop Merch Add a Show Listing
My Shows
News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread — Page 3

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.

#51

RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

I love this album, i love this score, and i love this production. Congrats to everyone, but most congrats go to James Moore, legendary musical director, for his work on this. What an absolute triumph all around.

#52

RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

Cristopher was a standby in Sweeney. He never replaced.


"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman
#53

RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

iluvtheatertrash said: "Cristopher was a standby in Sweeney. He never replaced."

He did play Sweeney after Josh Groban for about a month between cast changes and went on multiple times otherwise. So, no, he didn’t replace, but there was ample opportunity to catch his Sweeney performance.

#54

RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

Listening to this cast recording this weekend because this country is such a sh!t show these days.


A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.
#55

RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

It sounds glorious! "Goodbye, My Love" and "Journey On" are both such great songs. God, I just love this show.


"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
#56

RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

The performances are great across the board (Joshua Henry is one of the best things to happen to musical theatre in a long time), but I'm really disappointed in how the orchestra sounds. It sounds so much thinner and reedier compared to the original cast album, even though I'm pretty sure it's the same instrumentation.

#57

RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

I believe the original recording had an additional 10 string musicians or so, although someone correct me if I'm wrong.

#58

RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

I find Nichelle’s phrasing in Daddy’s Son of “Only darkness and pain. The anger and pain. The blood and the pain. I buried my heart in the ground” particularly moving and dramatic. And the ending is quite vulnerable. I am a fan.


Give me claws and a hunch, just away from this bunch.
#59

RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

binau said: "I find Nichelle’s phrasing in Daddy’s Son of “Only darkness and pain. The anger and pain. The blood and the pain. I buried my heart in the ground” particularly moving and dramatic. And the ending is quite vulnerable. I am a fan."

I'm a fan as well, my only complaint is that passage is almost impossible to decipher the words she is singing when you are in the theater, unless you know it already. I wish they could have done a little more work on diction in that part.

#60

RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

FANtomFollies said: "binau said: "I find Nichelle’s phrasing in Daddy’s Son of “Only darkness and pain. The anger and pain. The blood and the pain. I buried my heart in the ground” particularly moving and dramatic. And the ending is quite vulnerable. I am a fan."

I'm a fan as well, my only complaint is that passage is almost impossible to decipher the words she is singing when you are in the theater, unless you know it already. I wish they could have done a little more work on diction in that part.
"

Agree, I had the exact same thought in the theater. It actually made me think they really should lower the key a bit. But it's much more clear on the recording.

#61

RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

I went to a fairly early preview and thought she sounded fantastic and had no problem understanding the lyrics.


"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman
#63

RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

CJRochester said: "Recording of "He Wanted To Say" in the studio. This gaveme chills.

https://youtu.be/cmVb9CYWVRo?si=aBn0YB9cQsKb3kN_
"

The voices are so good, I wish I could hear this cast sing the original longer version of this song that's on the very first pre-Broadway studio album. I always loved the "We are comrades in the struggle that goes on across the earth..." section for Emma Goldman, I appreciated the larger political context for the song and for Coalhouse and Mother's Younger Brother. In the final song it's more just implied by Goldman's presence, the original draft brings Goldman up to the full bombast of the show at its biggest. I thought the show was kind of putting its money where its mouth is with those original lyrics.

On the subject, I also always miss the slightly longer "Coalhouse's Soliloquy" ("Sarah, my life has changed/ Sarah the world has changed," the kind of broken funhouse mirror arrangement of that beautiful moment). Other than that (and even understandings these) the cuts and changes by Broadway were great. Just an interesting artifact, that album.

Updated On: 2/7/26 at 11:08 PM

#64

RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

The voices are so good, I wish I could hear this cast sing the original longer version of this song that's on the very first pre-Broadway studioalbum.


Umm what are you talking about and where do I find this??

#65

RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

Rentaholic2 said: "The voices are so good, I wish I could hear this cast sing the original longer version of this song that's on the very first pre-Broadway studioalbum.


Umm what are you talking about and where do I find this??
"



The original studio album has a sort of creme colored background with a drawn version of the logo (a flag streamer and Lady Liberty's arm entwined into an "R"). It's still streaming on Spotify, not sure about other services

#66

RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

The article just posted about the cd signing says you need to pre register to attend yet offers no link to do it. Anyone know where you can register?

#69

Re: RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

I was at the Ragtime Grammy Museum event tonight. The moderator and producer of the cast album mentioned a new version of the album coming out in November that would be Dolby Atmos. He specifically mentioned details like the turn table being added before the prologue. And it feeling more like we were sitting in the theater.

Curious what the difference is between Dolby atmos and lossless? And why more cast albums don’t offer this if it mirrors what it sounds like in the theater?
#70

Re: RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

goodtimes123 said: "I was at the Ragtime Grammy Museum event tonight. The moderator and producer of the cast album mentioned a new version of the album coming out in November that would be Dolby Atmos. He specifically mentioned details like the turn table being added before the prologue. And it feeling more like we were sitting in the theater.

Curious what the difference is between Dolby atmos and lossless? And why more cast albums don’t offer this if it mirrors what it sounds like in the theater?
"

Dolby ATMOS, while very high fidelity, is more about the spacial placement of the audio. Kinda like a super surround-sound mastering of the audio -- whereas Lossless just refers to the extreme high bitrate of the audio. But I'd love to hear more cast recordings in ATMOS! (If you have the system for it.. )

#71

Re: RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

TheatreMonkey said: "goodtimes123 said: "I was at the Ragtime Grammy Museum event tonight. The moderator and producer of the cast album mentioned a new version of the album coming out in November that would be Dolby Atmos. He specifically mentioned details like the turn table being added before the prologue. And it feeling more like we were sitting in the theater.

Curious what the difference is between Dolby atmos and lossless? And why more cast albums don’t offer this if it mirrors what it sounds like in the theater?
"

Dolby ATMOS, while very high fidelity, is more about the spacial placement of the audio. Kinda like a super surround-sound mastering of the audio -- whereas Lossless just refers to the extreme high bitrate of the audio. But I'd love to hear more cast recordings in ATMOS! (If you have the system for it.. )
"

So would it be a pretty noticeable difference between this new version coming out and the one released earlier this year? The mention of a detail like the turntable being included got me excited!

#72

Re: RAGTIME 2025 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

If you have the speaker setup, or headphones and a device that supports the decoding. But just by itself, no -- it's dependent on the hardware you're playing back with.

Updated On: 10/5/26 at 11:20 PM

Latest Posts

BroadwayWorld TV


Ticket Central
Hot Show
Tickets From $58
Hot Show
Tickets From $80
Hot Show
Tickets From $67
Hot Show
Tickets From $59