News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Telecharge question

Dollypop
#1Telecharge question
Posted: 4/24/18 at 11:40am

I live close enough to the city to buy most of my tickets at the box office, so I don't know about ticketing sites.

The new block of DOLLY tickets are going on sale this Saturday. Will they only be available through Telecharge or could I buy them directly at the box office that morning?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 4/24/18 at 11:40 AM

10086sunset
#2Ticket master question
Posted: 4/24/18 at 11:43am

Believe you mean telecharge

Dollypop
#3Ticket master question
Posted: 4/24/18 at 11:44am

Told you I didn't know much about them!

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#4Ticket master question
Posted: 4/24/18 at 12:33pm

According to this:

Tickets for Ms. Midler's return go on sale Saturday, April 28 at 10:00 AM ET and can be purchased online at HelloDollyOnBroadway.com, via Telecharge.com or at 212 239 6200, or in person at the Shubert Theatre box office (225 West 44th Street).

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Bette-Midler-Will-Return-To-HELLO-DOLLY-For-Final-Six-Weeks-of-Broadway-Run-20180420

Dollypop
#5Ticket master question
Posted: 4/24/18 at 2:08pm

Thank you very much. I'll get into the city on Saturday buy my tickets for the dates I want during Bette's return and then catch the matinee with Bernadette. It'll be my 87th time.

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#6Ticket master question
Posted: 4/24/18 at 2:40pm

This should be fun... not.

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#7Ticket master question
Posted: 4/24/18 at 2:45pm

From people who bought tickets for Bette the first time around, how hard was it to get through with Telecharge's website? I have difficulty with it online or on the app under the best of circumstances and I'm a bit worried about trying to get through on Saturday.

whatdoesntkillme
#8Ticket master question
Posted: 4/24/18 at 3:01pm

Dollypop said: "It'll be my 87th time."

Hi-ho, the glamorous life!

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#9Ticket master question
Posted: 4/24/18 at 4:00pm

msmp said: "From people who bought tickets for Bette the first time around, how hard was it to get through with Telecharge's website? I have difficulty with it online or on the app under the best of circumstances and I'm a bit worried about trying to get through on Saturday."

I was on three phones and two computers for the websitr. My cell phone was fastest. I guess it all depends on the device you are using.

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#10Ticket master question
Posted: 4/24/18 at 5:30pm

Stage Door Sally said: "msmp said: "From people who bought tickets for Bette the first time around, how hard was it to get through with Telecharge's website? I have difficulty with it online or on the app under the best of circumstances and I'm a bit worried about trying to get through on Saturday."

I was on three phones and two computers for the websitr. My cell phone was fastest. I guess it all depends on the device you are using.
"

Makes sense--thanks for the response!

Dollypop
#11Ticket master question
Posted: 4/24/18 at 8:20pm

whatdoesntkillme said: "Dollypop said: "It'll be my 87th time."

"

Not at all. I've gotten up at 3am so I could be the first on line for standing room; I've climbed to the balcony for cheap seats and I've gone without lunch to pay for my tickets. Ask any of the senior members of this board and they'll tell you that HELLO, DOLLY! isn't "Just a show" for me and it hasn't been since January 16, 1964--when I first saw it.

Updated On: 4/24/18 at 08:20 PM

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#12Ticket master question
Posted: 4/24/18 at 8:28pm

Every time I hit “enter” on the Telecharge website, I immediately cross my fingers and shut my eyes for a few seconds. Sometimes, when I open them, I’ve actually landed where I’ve expected to! Best of luck, Dollypop...based on your proximity to the theatre, I would just go to the box office.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#13Ticket master question
Posted: 4/24/18 at 8:29pm

You deserve the best, Dollypop! Hope you're able to get a great seat for the final performance. 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#14Ticket master question
Posted: 4/24/18 at 8:39pm

Dollypop said: "whatdoesntkillme said: "Dollypop said: "It'll be my 87th time."

"

Not at all. I've gotten up at 3am so I could be the first on line for standing room; I'veclimbed to the balcony for cheap seats and I've gone without lunch to pay for my tickets. Ask any of the senior members of this board and they'll tell you that HELLO, DOLLY! isn't "Just a show" for me and it hasn't been since January 16, 1964--when I first saw it.

"

You don’t need to explain yourself to anyone.  ENJOY!

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Dollypop
#15Ticket master question
Posted: 4/25/18 at 12:55am

Surely the final performance will be memorable but it will mark the end of an era for me. I couldn't hope for another production in my lifetime; certainly not one as stunning as this one. (And I was hoping to to have seen the show 100 times with this version but doubt that will happen with the August 25th closing)

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#16Ticket master question
Posted: 4/25/18 at 1:34am

Dollypop said: "Surely the final performance will be memorable but it will mark the end of an era for me. I couldn't hope for another production in my lifetime; certainly not one as stunning as this one. (And I was hoping to to have seen the show 100 times with this version but doubt that will happen with the August 25th closing)
"

If you don't mind my asking (I'm relatively new to the boards!), have you seen every Broadway Dolly there's been?

Dollypop
#17Ticket master question
Posted: 4/25/18 at 7:56am

Yes. I've seen Carol Channing, Ginger Rogers, Martha Raye, Betty Grable, Pearl Bailey, Phyllis Diller, Ethel Merman, Bette Midler, Donna Murphy and Bernadette Peters-as well as understudies Bibi Osterwald and Thelma Carpenter. I did miss Linda Muggleston when she went on once for Bette.

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#18Ticket master question
Posted: 4/25/18 at 7:58am

Regarding Dollypop’s specfic question, has it been people’s experience that it’s fruitful to stand in line at the box office on the day a block of hot tickets is released?  I’ve had my share of frustration with Telecharge and Ticketmaster, but I would imagine that it would be infuriating to stand in line behind folks who are taking their time choosing between different sets of seats while the available inventory is quickly approaching zilch.

Dollypop - perhaps the best option is to cover all of your bases.  Stand in line with your phone open to the Telecharge app.  At the appropriate time, try to buy the tickets online.  If it happens before you advance to front of the line, great.  If not, buy the tickets from the window.  (I would just hate to think that you’d wait in line and then find out that Bette’s very short run is already sold out when you reach the front because of online sales.  We’re rooting for you!)

Dollypop
#19Ticket master question
Posted: 4/25/18 at 2:57pm

Great idea!

Actually I am looking for two dates: my birthday and closing night.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#20Ticket master question
Posted: 4/25/18 at 3:01pm

That is going to be one confusing line on Saturday, combining the rush people for Bernadette with the in-person people for Bette...

Dollypop
#21Ticket master question
Posted: 4/26/18 at 12:25pm

I'm filling in for our Cantor at church and wouldn't you know it? I have TWO funerals on Saturday (10 am and 11:30 am). I'm bring my laptop and phone up to the choir loft and hoping to score my tickets between cues.

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#22Ticket master question
Posted: 4/26/18 at 5:40pm

So, Saturday. I plan on trying to call in and getting a single ticket. Ticket sales start at 10am. And this is going to be a really stupid question so be nice. Ticket master question

Can you not even call in before 10am, or will they put people in a call queue, hang up on you, how does this work for calls?

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#23Ticket master question
Posted: 4/26/18 at 5:47pm

Similarly simple/stupid question: does the Shubert box office have a block of tickets that won't be available via Telecharge or vice versa? Trying to gauge whether it's a good idea to commute to the city from out of state or if Telecharge really will be my best option.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#24Ticket master question
Posted: 4/26/18 at 6:27pm

msmp said: "Similarly simple/stupid question: does the Shubert box office have a block of tickets that won't be available via Telecharge or vice versa? Trying to gauge whether it's a good idea to commute to the city from out of state or if Telecharge really will be my best option."

I think they have a different interface into the same block of tickets in a database, so whereas the site may say row C, four seats in, is the best option; the box office might be able to say, I can get you on the aisle in Row F.

That said, if the people doing rush for two shows of Bernadette and any other Bette people are all in one line and getting their tickets, and (in my experience) not the quickest people as far as making decisions (are the seats any better on this day? etc.), I wouldn't want to be getting my first shot at tickets at 10:10, when I could have had a better shot at 10 a.m. online. There likely won't be any interactive seat maps at 10a, so you're just going to have to take what the system decides or try again...

As for dialing in, there isn't a queue AFAIK but if there aren't tickets showing up yet at 9:59:40, it is probably up to the agent whether to let you hang on the phone or say try again. That said, I'd expect it to be pure busy signal a few minutes ahead, unless you'll get through to the recording, think you're good, and then when it goes to connect you to the agent you get the busy signal. I've only had that happen with Ticketmaster before, though.

Dollypop
#25Ticket master question
Posted: 4/26/18 at 10:40pm

Dollypop said: "I'm filling in for our Cantor at church and wouldn't you know it? I have TWO funerals on Saturday (10 am and 11:30 am). I'm bring my laptop and phone up to the choir loft and hoping to score my tickets between cues. "

I spoke to the organist and she's brining her laptop and phone so we'll have 4 devices going in the choir loft.

Videos