News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Telecharge question

Dollypop
#25Ticket master question
Posted: 4/26/18 at 10:40pm

Dollypop said: "I'm filling in for our Cantor at church and wouldn't you know it? I have TWO funerals on Saturday (10 am and 11:30 am). I'm bring my laptop and phone up to the choir loft and hoping to score my tickets between cues. "

I spoke to the organist and she's brining her laptop and phone so we'll have 4 devices going in the choir loft.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#26Ticket master question
Posted: 4/27/18 at 10:03am

Dollypop.....I hope you get your tickets, in your price range and in your favorite place in the theater!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#27Ticket master question
Posted: 4/27/18 at 10:53am

In less than 24 hours, all will be known.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#28Ticket master question
Posted: 4/27/18 at 10:58am

Dollypop should be comped and given the best seat in the house. Since you said Jerry would be moving to New York while his home deals with construction.. any chance of you going to the show with him?

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#29Ticket master question
Posted: 4/27/18 at 11:08am

I'll be working two cell phones, one land line and two computers. Probably overkill. But I do want to see Bette's farewell. I believe there will never be such an amazing production of this show in my lifetime, so I want to go out with a great memory.

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#30Ticket master question
Posted: 4/27/18 at 12:45pm

Three laptops and two cell phones running here tomorrow. I don't need a specific date, fortunately, so I'm hoping that will be enough to get through.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#31Ticket master question
Posted: 4/27/18 at 2:45pm

Dollypop said: "Dollypop said: "I'm filling in for our Cantor at church and wouldn't you know it? I have TWO funerals on Saturday (10 am and 11:30 am). I'm bring my laptop and phone up to the choir loft and hoping to score my tickets between cues. "

I spoke to the organist and she's brining her laptop and phone so we'll have 4 devices going in the choir loft.
"

I would also download the Telecharge app on your phone . But familiarize yourself with the seating chart before hand.  Good luck everyone !  

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

kmissa
#32Ticket master question
Posted: 4/27/18 at 5:55pm

That is amazing.

SherrieByTheSea
#33Ticket master question
Posted: 4/27/18 at 7:02pm

I would also download the Telecharge app on your phone . But familiarize yourself with the seating chart before hand. Good luck everyone !"

I'll have 2 computers, a tablet and phone. Any chances of there being decent tickets for $200???

Updated On: 4/27/18 at 07:02 PM

Dollypop
#34Ticket master question
Posted: 4/27/18 at 7:40pm

DAME said: "Dollypop said: "Dollypop said: "I'm filling in for our Cantor at church and wouldn't you know it? I have TWO funerals on Saturday (10 am and 11:30 am). I'm bring my laptop and phone up to the choir loft and hoping to score my tickets between cues. "

"

I would also download the Telecharge app on your phone . But familiarize yourself with the seating chart before hand. Good luck everyone !
"

A tech savvy altar server has volunteered to join us in the the choir loft to take care of all the devices (plus whatever he's bringing)  while the organist and I concentrate on the funerals.

Dollypop
#35Ticket master question
Posted: 4/27/18 at 7:43pm

Thank you for you kind wishes!

I'm not fussy. Any affordable seat will do.

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#36Ticket master question
Posted: 4/27/18 at 7:45pm

DAME said: "Dollypop said: "Dollypop said: "I'm filling in for our Cantor at church and wouldn't you know it? I have TWO funerals on Saturday (10 am and 11:30 am). I'm bring my laptop and phone up to the choir loft and hoping to score my tickets between cues. "

"

I would also download the Telecharge app on your phone . But familiarize yourself with the seating chart before hand. Good luck everyone !
"

For those who want a reference in front of them when they go to purchase tickets, I found this useful seating chart on the BWW website:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/seatingchart/Shubert-Theatre

Best of luck and happy hunting for tickets, everyone!

CPannullo
#37Ticket master question
Posted: 4/27/18 at 8:11pm

Still no word on how much ticket prices should be around? I’m trying to figure out how much i should spend for a ticket

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#38Ticket master question
Posted: 4/27/18 at 9:12pm

CPannullo said: "Still no word on how much ticket prices should be around? I’m trying to figure out how much i should spend for a ticket"

You don't get to pay you want, you pay what they want.

At this point, it is safe to say, pricing will be revealed at 10 a.m.

Browneyes142
#39Ticket master question
Posted: 4/28/18 at 8:34am

haterobics said: 

At this point, it is safe to say, pricing will be revealed at 10 a.m."

I get that but as someone who is on a budget and it doesn't matter how much she wants to see it, she can't see it unless it's under a certain price, it would be very nice if they would reveal it beforehand so I can decide if it's worth going through all the hassle.

Dollypop
#40Ticket master question
Posted: 4/28/18 at 9:04am

DAME said: "Dollypop should be comped and given the best seat in the house. Since you said Jerry would be moving to New York while his home deals with construction.. any chance of you going to the show with him?"

I had lunch with Mitzi Gaynor a while back and she told me the greatest lesson she'd ever learned was not to take anything in life for granted. I apply that here.

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#41Ticket master question
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:44am

Dunno if this is universal, but I had much better luck using the app than I did using the website. If you have a smartphone it might be worth trying there.

Browneyes142
#42Ticket master question
Posted: 4/28/18 at 11:15am

msmp said: "Dunno if this is universal, but I had much better luck using the app than I did using the website. If you have a smartphone it might be worth trying there."

Just be careful .I was using mine in split screen mode. When I got tickets in the app, I maximized it and it kicked me back to the start screen .Same thing when I was flipping back and forth between app and browser when the app seemed stuck. 

If you are going to use the app, stay on that screen. Otherwise you risk starting over .

Dollypop
#43Ticket master question
Posted: 4/28/18 at 11:32am

We got through by phone.

As I mentioned on another thread, I got tickets for my birthday (matinee and evening) as well as closing night.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#44Ticket master question
Posted: 4/28/18 at 11:35am

msmp said: "Dunno if this is universal, but I had much better luck using the app than I did using the website. If you have a smartphone it might be worth trying there."

I think it is just a matter of, the second you click that button, is there an available database port to continue the transaction? If yes, then it doesn't matter what browser or method you use. Ticketmaster actually uses different servers for mobile traffic than web traffic, so they are different experiences, but Telecharge? I doubt it, heh.

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#45Ticket master question
Posted: 4/28/18 at 11:57am

haterobics said: "msmp said: "Dunno if this is universal, but I had much better luck using the app than I did using the website. If you have a smartphone it might be worth trying there."

I think it is just a matter of, the second you click that button, is there an available database port to continue the transaction? If yes, then it doesn't matter what browser or method you use. Ticketmaster actually uses different servers for mobile traffic than web traffic, so they are different experiences, but Telecharge? I doubt it, heh.
"

I don't know enough about programming/IT to comment, so I'll take your word for it--but I can very easily believe that Ticketmaster is using superior technology/tech management. I've never had a problem with Ticketmaster but Telecharge has been really rough to use over the years.

Dollypop
#46Ticket master question
Posted: 4/28/18 at 4:55pm

The young fellow who was helping us this morning got through by phone and ran into the robing room to talk to the ticket agent. He reported that when he told the agent he wanted tickets for HELLO, DOLLY! the agent responded, "Just like everyone else in the world today!".

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#47Ticket master question
Posted: 4/28/18 at 5:05pm

Dollypop said: "The young fellow who was helping us this morning got through by phone and ran into the robing room to talk to the ticket agent. He reported that when he told the agent he wanted tickets for HELLO, DOLLY! the agent responded, "Just like everyone else in the world today!"."

That's fantastic! This production deserves to sell out; it should be running more, but if it's gotta close, I want those curtains coming down on full houses!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#48Ticket master question
Posted: 4/28/18 at 5:23pm

msmp said: "I've never had a problem with Ticketmaster but Telecharge has been really rough to use over the years."

Try to buy a U2 ticket next time around. Ticket master question

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#49Ticket master question
Posted: 4/28/18 at 5:26pm

Posted this on the other thread, but I think it also belongs here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiH9c_ZhoCS/

Videos