pixeltracker

Wicked Movie Musical Teaser- Page 2

Wicked Movie Musical Teaser

Seb28 Profile Photo
Seb28
#25Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 4:43am

I thought 5 things, It has a very generic cgi videogame look, Ariana Grande's acting is very, very poor, Glinda looks 12 and Elphaba looks 45, Michelle Yeoh's acting is great, that last note of Defying Gravity is just terrible, abortive and can't be true.

 

 

Updated On: 2/12/24 at 04:43 AM

verywellthensigh
#26Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 9:39am

It looks neither better nor worse than what I was expecting.  It could go either way. 

OhHiii
#27Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 10:53am

Yeah...Tina Fey definitely made some valid points.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#28Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 11:36am

I'm already tired of what Cynthia will wear on the press tour.

TBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
#29Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 12:24pm

Seb28 said: "I thought 5things, It has a very generic cgi videogame look, Ariana Grande's acting is very, very poor, Glinda looks 12 and Elphaba looks 45, Michelle Yeoh's acting is great, that last note of Defying Gravity is just terrible, abortive and can't be true.

I get the impression you'd have said those things without even seeing the clip.

"

 

SisterGeorge
#30Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 12:33pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "John Adams said: "What would be so "wrong", or unacceptable if Galinda were LatinX? I can't think of a single reason why they tried to make her look white."

..........What? Ariana is not Latin American. She's white.
"

I don't know what Ariana Grande is and I don't care, but Latin American and white are not mutually exclusive. Many Latin Americans are white and many aren't. Kinda like North Americans.


Sister George

hearthemsing22
#31Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 12:39pm

My only problem was that the CGI and overall imagery gave me Oz: The Great and Powerful vibes. Otherwise, I was in tears and got chills throughout the whole thing. I wholeheartedly believe this will be very successful. 

BwayLB
#32Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 12:53pm

Looks gorgeous visually! But I’m reserving my judgement on everything else until November

A Justified Bean Profile Photo
A Justified Bean
#33Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 1:01pm

Peter Barker said: "It was only a teaser and already this has turned into another In The Heights colorism/Dear Evan Hansen ageism discussion.

It really is sad.
"

People have every right to criticize public figures, especially when they go out of their way to appropriate other cultures/races.  A trailer is meant to give a first look/impression of a film.  This is everyone's reaction to that first look.  

IMO people were right to criticize Ben Platt's casting.  It's not ageist to say a 30 year old shouldn't be playing 16.  It would be equally outrageous to cast Meryl Streep as his mother or a 20 year old as Annie.  This isn't Grease in the late 70's - this sort of thing shouldn't be the norm any more.  Plenty of talented, age appropriate actors could've taken on that role.


The slotted spoon can catch the potato.

CurtisTaylorJr2 Profile Photo
CurtisTaylorJr2
#34Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 1:15pm

I know about singers adding grit intentionally but that did not sound intentional it sounded straining to reach a note or trying to growl into it. That riff should be clean.

Malinda5000
#35Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 2:11pm

Owen22 said: "Oh my God, the over-critical bitchiness in this thread! It's a trailer for god's sake. That looks wonderful IMO.

You people are why we can't have nice things.
"

What do you mean “You People” ? 😡

OhHiii
#36Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 2:18pm

Malinda5000 said: "What do you mean “You People” ? 😡"

I imagine, given the context of the rest of their message, they're referencing those being hypercritical (and in some examples, outright nonsensical) of a 2-3hr feature film solely off of less than 60 seconds of a trailer. So, THOSE people. Don't try to make this into something it's not.

verywellthensigh
#37Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 2:20pm

People have every right to criticize public figures, especially when they go out of their way to appropriate other cultures/races. 

 

I'm sorry...Wicked is appropriating what?

KitKatBoy24 Profile Photo
KitKatBoy24
#38Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 2:53pm

CurtisTaylorJr2 said: "I know about singers adding grit intentionally but that did not sound intentional it sounded straining to reach a note or trying to growl into it. That riff should be clean."

It’s definitely not strained. It was absolutely intentional. Why would they use a clip of her straining to hit a note? It sounds great. I also disagree that that riff has to be clean. Elphaba is PISSED. That riff is literally called Elphaba’s War Cry. Some growl and grit totally fits contextually and character-wise. Rachel Tucker also added grit to that moment during her run


"In here, life is beautiful"

A Justified Bean Profile Photo
A Justified Bean
#39Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 2:58pm

verywellthensigh said: "People have every right to criticize public figures, especially when they go out of their way to appropriate other cultures/races.



I'm sorry...Wicked is appropriating what?
"

 

I'm not talking about the show. I'm talking about comments related to Arianna Grande's casting and people being surprised she's white.  This comment was directly in response to something else - context is key.


The slotted spoon can catch the potato.

Dolly80
#40Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 3:08pm

What a bunch of bitches in these comments.

 

Dont go and see it. Stay quiet.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#41Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 3:11pm

Dolly80 said: "What a bunch of bitches in these comments.



Dont go and see it. Stay quiet.
"

You know they will be the first one there at the midnight showing 

CurtisTaylorJr2 Profile Photo
CurtisTaylorJr2
#42Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 3:26pm

KitKatBoy24 said: "CurtisTaylorJr2 said: "I know about singers adding grit intentionally but that did not sound intentional it sounded straining to reach a note or trying to growl into it. That riff should be clean."

It’s definitely not strained. It was absolutely intentional. Why would they use a clip of her straining to hit a note? It sounds great. I also disagree that that riff has to be clean. Elphaba is PISSED. That riff is literally called Elphaba’s War Cry. Some growl and grit totally fits contextually and character-wise. Rachel Tucker also added grit to that moment during her run
"

Call it a difference of opinion, but from my point of view it was giving when a church soloist messes up a high note and tries to growl through it. I listened to Rachel Tucker while there was a growl there it was much cleaner.

Updated On: 2/12/24 at 03:26 PM

OhHiii
#43Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 4:11pm

CurtisTaylorJr2 said: "Call it a difference of opinion, but from my point of view it was giving when a church soloist messes up a high note and tries to growl through it. I listened to Rachel Tucker while there was a growl there it was much cleaner."

Vocal pedagogy isn't a matter of opinion, btw. 

KitKatBoy24 Profile Photo
KitKatBoy24
#44Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 6:06pm

I hear you on difference of opinion - if you don’t like the sound, you don’t like the sound. However, calling it Strain is not an opinion. It’s true that pedagogy is pedagogy and what Cynthia is doing is a healthy, complex, and intentional technique that a lot of people can’t do. As for her not doing the traditional riff? Eh, people will probably get over it when they see the performance and how she acts it. I can’t wait to find out!


"In here, life is beautiful"

CurtisTaylorJr2 Profile Photo
CurtisTaylorJr2
#45Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 8:37pm

OhHiii said: "CurtisTaylorJr2 said: "Call it a difference of opinion, but from my point of view it was giving when a church soloist messes up a high note and tries to growl through it. I listened to Rachel Tucker while there was a growl there it was much cleaner."

Vocal pedagogy isn't a matter of opinion, btw.
"

Whatever you want to speculate, it did not sound good and I'm not alone in thinking that. If it was a vocal choice it didn't sound very good to me and I'm surprised anyone thought that was intentional. Even if it was it sounded painful.

Updated On: 2/12/24 at 08:37 PM

Charley Kringas Inc Profile Photo
Charley Kringas Inc
#46Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/12/24 at 9:06pm

This whole thing just looks weird, but it's also a strained, over-edited teaser for what's probably going to be anywhere from three to five hours of movie (lol). I do agree that the vocal riff at the end sounds bizarre and a little bit bad, and also that it's disappointing how flat and desaturated the color grading is given the source material, but maybe it'll all come together in the end.

Also, all of my non-musical friends are calling Ariana's pink gown the "ham dress" now.

TBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
#47Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/13/24 at 12:04am

CurtisTaylorJr2 said: "OhHiii said: "CurtisTaylorJr2 said: "Call it a difference of opinion, but from my point of view it was giving when a church soloist messes up a high note and tries to growl through it. I listened to Rachel Tucker while there was a growl there it was much cleaner."

Vocal pedagogy isn't a matter of opinion, btw.
"

Whatever you want to speculate, it did not sound good and I'm not alone in thinking that. If it was a vocal choice it didn't sound very good to me and I'm surprised anyone thought that was intentional. Even if it was it sounded painful.
"

 

I don't think it sounded painful at all, and i'm not alone in thinking that...

Why would you think they'd use a bad vocal take for the film?? That makes zero sense

 

noradesmond Profile Photo
noradesmond
#48Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/13/24 at 2:22am

I wouldn't be surprised if that is not what we'll hear in the final mix. It could be a teaser itself.

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#49Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
Posted: 2/13/24 at 2:35am

Does not look good in green.


Videos