News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Wicked Opening Night

TravisOKC
#1Wicked Opening Night
Posted: 5/11/21 at 9:19am

If anyone has 2 extra tickets let your boy know!

JennH
#2Wicked Opening Night
Posted: 5/11/21 at 9:21am

Truly...I'm on the emailing list, and honestly am kinda pissed I never got an email about tickets going on sale. 

hearthemsing22
#3Wicked Opening Night
Posted: 5/11/21 at 9:24am

I’m pretty sure I got the email right after the announcement but b then a lot of tickets were gone

TravisOKC
#4Wicked Opening Night
Posted: 5/11/21 at 9:25am

Yeah. It’s ridiculous. I didn’t even know they went on sale until one of my friends texted me this morning as I was driving to a dr appt.

JennH
#5Wicked Opening Night
Posted: 5/11/21 at 9:27am

OH HELL NO...now I'm really pissed, that email was in my junk mail!!! 

hearthemsing22
#6Wicked Opening Night
Posted: 5/11/21 at 9:28am

I’m glad I’m not going opening night because despite the excitement I doubt I’ll hear most of the show (due to the enthusiastic audience). That’s just me though

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#7Wicked Opening Night
Posted: 5/11/21 at 9:32am

I mean...I got tickets for that first night but they weren’t anything like I wanted. I was pissed that I didn’t get a notice and missed being online right away.

But I’m not gonna let that... “bring me down”.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#8Wicked Opening Night
Posted: 5/11/21 at 9:47am

Edit: Ignore that. I read this as you HAD two extra tickets. It's been a morning already. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 5/11/21 at 09:47 AM

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#9Wicked Opening Night
Posted: 5/11/21 at 10:04am

I was on the subway at 7 am and saw they were on sale just by chance. Snagged two tickets and watched many disappear before my eyes.

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#10Wicked Opening Night
Posted: 5/11/21 at 10:49am

I grabbed tickets for Wed 9/15.  Sad its not the first night, but happy to see the show fresh again. Haven't been back since 2004. 

FlyHigh523 Profile Photo
FlyHigh523
#11Wicked Opening Night
Posted: 5/11/21 at 11:36am

Grabbed 2 tickets for 9/14 at around 7:30. Thank goodness.

carolinaguy Profile Photo
carolinaguy
#12Wicked Opening Night
Posted: 5/11/21 at 12:44pm

I'm wondering about the audience reaction that first night back when Glinda says, "Fellow Ozians... we have been through a frightening time..."

Just remembering you've had an "and" When you're back to "or" Makes the "or" mean more than it did before

JennH
#13Wicked Opening Night
Posted: 5/11/21 at 12:47pm

carolinaguy said: "I'm wondering about the audience reaction that first night back when Glinda says, "Fellow Ozians... we have been through a frightening time...""

I...I didn't think of that line, most of us have been concentrated on "It's good to see me, isn't it?" and this just makes me more upset that I didn't get to Ticketmaster in time!

iknowthetruth2
#14Wicked Opening Night
Posted: 5/11/21 at 12:52pm

I can't even imagine the technical difficulties and website overload if they had set a public onsale time though... this was probably the only way to guarantee anyone would get through...

Fosse76
#15Wicked Opening Night
Posted: 5/11/21 at 12:52pm

carolinaguy said: "I'm wondering about the audience reaction that first night back when Glinda says, "Fellow Ozians... we have been through a frightening time...""

No doubt there will be a reaction to that line for at least the first couple of performances.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#16Wicked Opening Night
Posted: 5/11/21 at 1:17pm

Absolutely thrilled for anyone who was able to get tickets for the first couple of performances. Can only think about the stand ovations for the entrances of Glinda and Elphaba.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

AmeliaBedelia
#17Wicked Opening Night
Posted: 8/31/21 at 2:47pm

I think more seats were just released (maybe ones that were being held for potential lottery?). I was just looking at tickets for reopening night and noticed that there are a few seats available on the sides of the orchestra in rows G through L and a few seats in the back center of the orchestra in row V. If anyone was still looking for a ticket or if like me, you had one already but it was way in the back and you'd prefer sitting closer, go check it out! Also, I will be returning my previous seat in row J of the rear mezz soon, so keep an eye out for that one to show back up if you want it.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#18Wicked Opening Night
Posted: 8/31/21 at 4:20pm

A friend of mine messaged a group chat I'm in saying they had bought tickets for the first night back and that the partial view seating on the sides of the orchestra had opened up and I jumped to buy one. I had bought a ticket for the second show back when I got shut out from the original on sale and ended up requesting a refund via Ticketmaster after buying the first show back ticket. I'm beyond excited to be going the first night back as Wicked means the world to me and it was one of the shows I knew I had to be there the night it came back. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 8/31/21 at 04:20 PM

theatrekid3302
#19Wicked Opening Night
Posted: 8/31/21 at 8:47pm

Does anybody know what days Jenny DiNoia will be performing? I would love to see her as Elphaba. 

Videos