News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheCooler

Member Name: TheCooler
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tickets Refunds
 Mar 19 2020, 09:51:00 PM

Hudson (plaza suite) told me today 30 business days for a refund, and has to be approved by a supervisor.    Rep wasn't clear on reason for refund delay but pushed me to exchange the tickets.   Hudson has NOT been good about refunds...took me a week to finally get someone on the phone. 

Upcoming Waitress casting
 Oct 25 2019, 08:22:26 PM

The concert is early enough and it's a short set, she would have plenty of time to make it back for an 8 PM performance.  IMO.  

Vivid Seat Reliable?
 Aug 4 2019, 04:35:38 PM

yes...I have bought on Vivid before..no problems.  worked the same way as Stubhub.

Do theaters hold back on certain seats?
 Jul 21 2019, 09:33:08 PM

Lastly, there’s a theory/conspiracy that Stubhub has a relationship with Ticketmaster & Telecharge, and producers specifically upsell tickets on those platforms. That’s a conversation for another day tho."

This is not a conspiracy theory.  Welcome to reality.  almost every theatre sells premium seats on Stubhub at 2-5x markups that you would find on the regular maps. 

Moulin Rouge Previews
 Jul 2 2019, 10:57:49 AM

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "My seat isMEZZC, RowL, Seat103. How is that?"

for the "value" those are very nice seats, as I was in row P.  a few parts, more so in the beginning, youll want to lean forward...other than that, sit back..youll have an excellent view. 

Moulin Rouge Previews
 Jul 2 2019, 09:14:09 AM

thank you for posting this picture!  this board has jumped the shark for days now regarding the view. and other topics...smh.

people are missing the point of this show, which is - the MAIN, core part of the show which is about 95% of the show...takes part on the CENTER OF THE STAGE.  it will NOT be partial view.  the only time small parts of the show you may have to lean forward is when a few performers move forward towards the orchestra, as you can see from this pi

Moulin Rouge Previews
 Jun 30 2019, 01:47:45 PM

I was at the show last night.  couple random thoughts...and I agree with most of the comments said above.  First off, show was spectacular!  No question one of the better broadway productions right now, if not the best, imo.   Everything from the singing, dancing, set design, lighting, choreography,  i thought was spot on.  If i have one criticism, the couple fluff songs in Act 1 that had nothing to do with the story...take it out! boring

BEN PLATT Music Tour
 Feb 12 2019, 10:00:43 PM

Did anyone notice Ben Platt is releasing an album and going on tour soon?  he is playing at the Beacon in NYC at one stop.  I wonder if it will be worth going to??

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
 Dec 8 2018, 09:24:01 PM

No question, in my opinion, it is very odd that Nicolette is leaving the show this weekend and she wasnt extended until Sara is back.   And although Torns might be a great Jenna, to have the understudy lead the show through the most important weeks of the year..is strange.  leads me to believe that either Nicolette wasnt happy or she was let go because of weak ticket sales.  Not sure what is going on with all the Jenna's leaving the show, but it is definitely

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
 Oct 3 2018, 03:45:15 PM

Where are the seats?  for instance..rear balcony seats were only $20 per part.  not all the seats are $165.   you are allowed to transfer, not a problem.  hope this helps!  its a great show.  

Oct 3 2018, 01:36:01 PM

Ted Self said: "I'm sorry if this has been covered. I tried my best to search this thread and couldn't find an answer. Can I purchase from SeetGeek with confidence? Some of the listings for combined part 1 and part 2 tickets seem too low ($125a ticket). Thanks for any advice you can provide."

yes.seat geeks is reputable.

Sep 5 2018, 10:45:32 AM
I tried doing that...TM said NO.
TOOTSIE to open at the Marquis, April 23
 Aug 14 2018, 12:30:10 PM
I just got an email from Tootsie for Chicago..they took $150 Orchestra Sat night seats down to $59. why do they think this is going to do well on Broadway??
King Kong on Broadway
 Aug 5 2018, 11:53:09 AM
this will be WORSE than spiderman, IMO. I don't think it'll last 6 months. I will be impressed if they even get this to open. my out of the box prediction early this year was King Kong won't have enough ticket sales to open.
Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
 Jul 19 2018, 09:59:00 PM

I do think they will need someone with name recognition after McPhee leaves..show has been struggling a bit as of late and as good as the understudy maybe, this show needs someone they can market.  I do believe show could be coming to an end on broadway shortly and hopefully sara will close the show out just like Bette is doing with Hello Dolly.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/15/18
 Jul 16 2018, 04:57:49 PM

I agree about Waitress being in trouble.  As much as I like that show, I think it'll be gone right after the holidays.  

Melissa Benoist
 Jul 16 2018, 10:18:53 AM

Whalers59 said: "TheCooler said: "My 10yr old daughter saw the show a couple weeks ago. Melissa DID sign her supergirl comic but was not super friendly. that was the feedback given to me."

Thank you for your feedback. :) I have heard from others who have met her she's not the most friendly of people. I hope your daughter enjoyed the experience, regardless.

"

thank you.  she had an awesome experience seeing her live!&n

Melissa Benoist
 Jul 16 2018, 08:56:25 AM

My 10yr old daughter saw the show a couple weeks ago.  Melissa DID sign her supergirl comic but was not super friendly.  that was the feedback given to me.  

Today Tix for Midler's DOLLY
 Jul 14 2018, 02:16:33 PM

I got an email too..doesnt say anything about discounted tickets to Bette.  prices look the same to me as telecharge.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
 Jun 27 2018, 10:01:50 PM
Agree. Good news. Broadway is off peak in Jan. Tourism low in nyc. Be patient. Good chance prices could trend down a touch in Jan.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You