News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for inishmore

inishmore Profile Photo
Member Name: inishmore
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Emcee's Spring Awakening 'review'
 Nov 19 2006, 11:57:38 AM
I don't think they intended to have any plot driven numbers. The emotions and ideas and thoughts are what the show is saying transcends time, hence the reason that they are modern and rock numbers and that the book, the actual plot and for most part the dialog are not updated. I think because the story isn't modern if they put in plot-driven songs to advance the story it would ruin the balance of the concept itself.
re: Emcee's Spring Awakening 'review'
 Nov 18 2006, 11:46:26 PM
So, I felt very differently than most people about the acting/the girls seeming so young. To me, the heightened sense of naivete of the girls was exactly right for the age group they should be portraying - 14-15ish in 1890s when the play itself takes place, and therefore where the mentality and sensibility come from. The girls would have been so sheltered from knowledge and seem considerably younger than boys of the same age.
Though the show has been updated for an easier feel to audiences

re: Maureen Moore steps in as Big/Little Edie Dec.3
 Nov 17 2006, 11:15:08 AM
best12, All the understudies are new for Broadway so Maureen didn't cover off-broadway. and as of now, off-broadway and on, no one but Christine has played Edith/Edie.

re: Spring Awakening: dress rehearsal
 Nov 16 2006, 11:05:36 AM
Yeah munk, I don't think it will be your cup of tea. There aren't even any animals. But maybe you'll like the pretty lights?

I hope you all have a blast tonight!!

Spring Awakening: dress rehearsal
 Nov 16 2006, 01:24:27 AM
I attended the dress rehearsal of SA tonight and I just had to say that I was amazed. I didn't see the show off-broadway and heard good things about it, but nothing too specific so I didn't go in expecting anything particular. These kids are nothing short of amazing. It's hard to believe they are all so young when they all deliver such strong, deep performances. And I mean all of them. The music is fantastic, the direction great, all the tech elements wonderful. I can't say enough great things a
re: Jay Johnson Review 11/10/06
 Nov 11 2006, 02:57:10 PM
I completely agree with everyone. GO SEE IT. I've seen it twice now and loved it just as much the second time around. It's full of suprises and each of his 'co-stars' has such a unique, interesting and opinionated character. It's just a great night at the theater!
re: Grey Gardens cd - take 2?
 Nov 5 2006, 10:09:38 AM
The composer of the show. I worked with him on Grey Gardens and I asked him opening night.
 Nov 4 2006, 04:27:59 PM
The producers are planning to rerecord it.

And when they recorded off-broadway they didn't have the broadway backers yet. So they weren't sure they'd end up moving.

Nov 3 2006, 07:21:53 PM
They are going to rerecord the show. But not any time in the near future, so it will probably be a while before we'll see it on the shelf.
re: The buttons you get when you see GREY GARDENS...
 Nov 3 2006, 02:02:31 PM
There are 32 buttons in all. My favorite is "We've done more than just hold hands..."
It was originally a preview promotion and they weren't giving them out last night (though there were a ton at the party) so I don't think they'll continue that (but if you ask the ushers they may still have some in their office and they are usually really nice about things like that).

And the tent in the balcony is actually for the Light Board Op and Spot Ops. The SM is backstage right.

re: Providence Performing Arts Center in Potential Trouble...
 Oct 25 2006, 05:33:51 PM
That's horrible to hear. I grew up in RI and my first several years of theater was from PPAC. (And one of the many things I remember was the already awful traffic in the area.) I hope that this doesn't end up happening.
re: High Fidelity - 10/18
 Oct 20 2006, 06:25:44 PM
EDIT: Cholly beat me to it. But I also enjoyed both characters in the book. Sad that Johnny doesn't work as well onstage.
In the book TMPMITW stands for The Most Pathetic Man In The World. But I don't remember him actually being in the store... I thought he saw (and named) him when he went to the movies. Granted, again, based only on the book - i haven't seen the show at all.

Jay Johson Two and Only - wonderful and sweet
 Oct 18 2006, 11:42:58 PM
Hey everyone, I've rarely started a post but I just got back from seeing Jay Johnson's show The Two and Only. It's one of the best things I've seen in months. It's absolutely adorable and honestly moving. I know the show is having trouble marketing itself because it's a bit of an odd sell so I wanted to try to help spread some word of mouth. Not only was he hysterical (my personal favorite is Darwin the monkey. LOVE HIM) it's also a lovely piece that gives some of the really interesting history
re: High Fidelity-10/07/06 Matinee
 Oct 13 2006, 10:24:34 PM
hey ashley, just so you know that whole, 'marry me', 'did you think I'd say yes' bit is a part of the book and movie. perhaps it just isn't done/played well enough in the show but I think the movie does it beautifully. I think it's really a lovely moment for the two of them but I can't comment on how it's portrayed in the show because I haven't seen it.
re: tracking changes to 'Gardens' this week (if any)
 Oct 11 2006, 10:30:48 PM
Auggie: are you referring to Will You playing on the record with Mary Louise singing along and then Christine singing? Because that isn't new. That scene is actually nearly identical to the Playwrights version.
re: High Fidelity First Preview Mini-Review
 Sep 27 2006, 12:39:19 PM
Does anyone know, if it is having a preview period, when the show will be Open? I'd love to keep an eye out for some reviews.

re: High Fidelity Casting - Official
 Jul 31 2006, 10:40:53 AM
In the musical She Goes is actually going to be sung by the friend, Liz. It's based off of a line from Rob's mother in the movie. The newer demo with Chase has some dialogue in the song in which he calls her Liz.
re: Some Girl(s) off Broadway
 May 25 2006, 02:48:56 PM
There is an alley to the right of the theater (when you are leaving the building) that is technically the "stage door" but 9 times out of 10 the actors will exit through the main entrance or the door at the bottom of the mezzaine stairs.
re: High Fidelity to open in Boston
 May 25 2006, 12:49:12 PM
I'm pretty sure, but don't quote me on it, that it's taking place in NY actually.
But from what I've heard they are taking the moments from both the book and the movie. There are references to specific moments in the movie but more of a feeling of the book, from what I'm told.

re: Psychological Thrillers
 May 4 2006, 01:18:00 AM
When I thought shock Albee's The Goat occurred to me. It not so much a thriller but it's psychological and there are some interesting twists and shocks.
The other play that I remember is The Dying Gaul by Craig Lucas. It's three characters and the play watches as they twist and change before us. It also has some internet/online chat scenes that would probably be fun to play with.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You