Little Mermaid Workshop

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#0Little Mermaid Workshop
Posted: 6/28/05 at 8:03pm

sorry if this was posted already, i searched didn't find anything, so here was the cast for the workshop:

Ariel..........Celia Keenan-Bolger
Prince Eric....Cheyenne Jackson
Ursela.........Liz McCartney
King Triton....Tom Wopat
Flounder.......Harrison Chad
"Les Poissons" guy...Mark Lynn-Baker
Scuttle.........Michael McGraw
Ursela's two eels...Tyler Maynard and Steve Rosen

Cheyenne described it on his latest post, and he said Alan Menken wrote a new tune for the Eric called "Her Voice". Well this is exciting!

Cheyenne's Blog

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#1re: Little Mermaid Workshop
Posted: 6/28/05 at 8:06pm

I LOOOOOOVE CHEYENE! JOY!

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#2re: Little Mermaid Workshop
Posted: 6/28/05 at 8:14pm

"Les Poissons" guy = Chef Louie

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#3re: Little Mermaid Workshop
Posted: 6/28/05 at 8:16pm

What about Sebastian????

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

gavrochegirl
#4re: Little Mermaid Workshop
Posted: 6/28/05 at 8:26pm

Cheyenne! LOVE!!! re: Little Mermaid Workshop

What the puck?!

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#5re: Little Mermaid Workshop
Posted: 6/28/05 at 10:38pm

Very cool!

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#6re: Little Mermaid Workshop
Posted: 6/28/05 at 10:43pm

if only that was the opening night cast...

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#7re: Little Mermaid Workshop
Posted: 6/28/05 at 10:53pm

What do you mean if only?

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

brdwaybaby17 Profile Photo
brdwaybaby17
#8re: Little Mermaid Workshop
Posted: 6/28/05 at 10:57pm

But... what happened to Kerry?

She like fell off the face of the earth...

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#9re: Little Mermaid Workshop
Posted: 6/28/05 at 11:01pm

Tyler!!!

Tyler is love.<3

heart.
mel

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#10re: Little Mermaid Workshop
Posted: 6/28/05 at 11:06pm

Fell off the face of the earth? I guess you haven't been reading the news that she recorded a song for a new CD on the Kritzerland Label...she just starred opposite Hunter Foster in a workshop of "The Man In The White Suit" and later this summer will be in "Miracle Brothers"

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=3690

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#11re: Little Mermaid Workshop
Posted: 6/28/05 at 11:11pm

Hey Craig - idea for the website:

Well, I gues this might be an add-on to the Who's Who section. Add a section for upcoming/current projects for performers.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Up In Lost
#12re: Little Mermaid Workshop
Posted: 6/28/05 at 11:14pm

:: Flails. ::

Well, I'm glad he got away with it.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#13re: Little Mermaid Workshop
Posted: 6/28/05 at 11:18pm

Thanks, I've been away for a couple of days, and I'm glad to see that Celia is in it. BTW, was Liz McCartney in Taboo as, I believe, Big Sue??????

rKrispyt Profile Photo
rKrispyt
#14re: Little Mermaid Workshop
Posted: 6/29/05 at 12:48am

I don't think it'd be toooo much of a dumb or rude assumption to suggest that perhaps ms. butler has become highly in demand and was unavailable to do the reading after all - she certainly does have a lot on her plate...I obviously have no idea if that's the reason but I think it's feasible.

If I show you the darkness I hold inside, will you bring me to light?

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#15re: Little Mermaid Workshop
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:26am

MTVMANN yes Liz played Big Sue in Taboo. Ah what a great cast!

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#16re: Little Mermaid Workshop
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:35am

I still hold that Sara Ramirez HAS to be Ursula. She can pull ff both the octopus part and the sexy bombshell part.

Akiva

Videos