pixeltracker

Amy Spanger and Stephen Lynch are AMAZING!!!

Amy Spanger and Stephen Lynch are AMAZING!!!

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#0Amy Spanger and Stephen Lynch are AMAZING!!!
Posted: 5/3/06 at 6:02pm

i just came back from seeing "the wedding singer", it was amazing, the best show i have seen in quite a while, stephen lynch was outstanding in this musical, really amazing, the rest of the cast was great, amy spanger was maybe the stronger female lead, the music was great, the story was funny and entertaining, i really had a ball, i couldn't stop laughing.
stephen came out after the matinee just to greet the fans and take pictures, which was really kind, then he went back inside. amy spanger told me she started as a dancer, i knew she was a great singer because of "tick tick...boom" but i was impressed with her dancing.
amy deserves the tony for best supporting actress in a musical, and although john young lloyd is the favorite actor of the season, i hope stephen gets the tony.
the best musical of the season!!! i have yet to see "drowsy chaperone" though, and "the woman in white" is my other favorite, but it will probably be overlooked by the tonys.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 5/9/06 at 06:02 PM

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#1re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/3/06 at 6:11pm

I'm seeing the Wedding Singer in a few weeks, and I cannot wait. I love Stephen Lynch and Amy Spanger. Glad you had a good time re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/3/06 at 6:13pm

Glad you liked it so much!

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

RentBoy86
#3re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/3/06 at 6:16pm

Heck yeah it rocks.

mijofly19
#4re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/3/06 at 6:19pm

I totally agree with you. Glad you had a good time. I doubt Stephen has that much of a chance to win the Tony, but I definitley think he deserves to get nominated, as does Amy.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#5re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/3/06 at 6:31pm

Stephen Lynch is just great in TWS. I'm hoping he gets a nomination this season. He's just adorable as Robbie.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Racetrack Profile Photo
Racetrack
#6re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/3/06 at 7:09pm

Stephen was awesome.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey, Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say. The oldest hath borne most; we that are young Shall never see so much, nor live so long"-Edgar in King Lear

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#7re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/3/06 at 7:48pm

I was really surprised how comfortable he looked on stage - I'd only really seen his comedy routines and was really skeptical about how he'd be, but he was just adorable. And I love his voice.

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#8re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/3/06 at 8:03pm

I really liked him too (and the show- can't wait to see it again!)

But what are his Tony chances, really? I think there are four total locks for Best Actor- John Lloyd Young, Michael Cerveris, Harry Connick Jr, and Bob Martin. Will Stephen Lynch get that last spot?

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#9re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/3/06 at 8:15pm

LeaGirl, I agree. Stephen looked incredible comfortable on stage. Like it was a second nature.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

muscle23ftl
#10re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/4/06 at 12:43am

i really want to see this show again...so much fun! amy is just spectacular and stephen gave a performance that was just outstanding. he gave his all.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

muscle23ftl
#11re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/4/06 at 11:51am

tnks rentboy and dancingthrulife for recommending me this show...i had a blast.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#12re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/4/06 at 1:51pm

I'm glad. re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#13re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/4/06 at 2:03pm

He gave his all? As opposed to the vast amounts of leading performances on Broadway in which the actor does not give their all?

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

muscle23ftl
#14re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/4/06 at 2:05pm

ha ha

Yeah, um, no. Profile Photo
Yeah, um, no.
#15re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/4/06 at 7:15pm

Munk wrote: "He gave his all? As opposed to the vast amounts of leading performances on Broadway in which the actor does not give their all?"

You're using the wrong measuring stick. People (some) are impressed that Stephen, who had never set foot on a Broadway stage until March 30th, really works his ass off, just like those Broadway regulars.

Fabrizio2
#16re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/4/06 at 7:21pm

re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!

I just got my tickets!

Yeah, um, no. Profile Photo
Yeah, um, no.
#17re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/4/06 at 10:33pm

New Stephen Lynch interview in Playbill.com
Playbill.com

teebz Profile Photo
teebz
#18re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/4/06 at 10:41pm

yeah the wedding singer was pretty awesome

it lived up to the exact expectations i was hoping for
no where near as good as the movie but for a musical medium absolutley fabulous!

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#19re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/4/06 at 11:01pm

I was impressed with Felicia Finley and Kevin Cahoon.
It is an adorable show. Very entertaining. Uplifting and fun.

Updated On: 5/4/06 at 11:01 PM

OddExoticCreature Profile Photo
OddExoticCreature
#20re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/4/06 at 11:15pm

If you want to see more Amy Spanger awesome-ness rent Reefer Madness.

--Like an odd exotic creature on display inside a zoo, hearing children asking questions makes me ask some questions too...--

#21re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/4/06 at 11:16pm

Could someone please explain what "awesome" and "amazing" mean with regard to shows and performers? For my money, they're much over-used terms. At least "adorable" doesn't show up in here much....yet re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!

RentBoy86
#22re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/4/06 at 11:16pm

I hope it gets a nomination for the exposure. I know in my own little twisted world I wish it would win, but it won't. I just hope they can show how good the music and the cast is. Plus I get to live through my experience again. Cannot wait for the tour!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#23re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/4/06 at 11:20pm

Just got home from Wedding Singer, I loved it. (my 5th time)

The whole cast is wonderful, and I definitely plan to go back a lot!

RentBoy86
#24re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
Posted: 5/4/06 at 11:25pm

Liotte, i'm so jealous of you - in a good way. You seem to be at the theater every other day! You must have a pretty good day job.