pixeltracker

female/female duet. . . again. . .

female/female duet. . . again. . .

katielynne
#0female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 9:43pm

sorry guys i am gettign a lot of responses and so far
"in his eyes" is in the lead. . . i am just not suer how well a 14 and a 15 year old can sing that. . . id rather sing a simple song incredibly well than a great song badly. . . if you know of any (preferrably ballad) songs that are good and that we could probably sing please respond. . . erika and i are very very advanced for our age but our voices still are not fully developed so if at all possible i am in need of help here. . and i think we changed our minds we might do it at the pennsylvania thespian conference as well as or instead of our little b-way talent show. . thanks again!

-kate

Thesbijean
#1re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 9:51pm

"The Grass is Always Greener" from Woman of the Year...great song, funny though, and not too challenging...

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#2re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 9:53pm

If you don't mind something upbeat, you could do "Best Friend" from THE WILD PARTY (LaChiusa).

katielynne
#3re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/8/05 at 9:56pm

i was thinking best friend i didnt really get to hear the whole thing though. . just little parts. . .

Bwaybaby109
#4re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 12:13am

Leave Me Alone from "Side Show' is cute! Two Siamese twins sing it.

"Have a child for warmth and a baker for bread and a prince for... whatever!"

aliceripleysnumber1 Profile Photo
aliceripleysnumber1
#5re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 12:37am

"I Know Him So Well" from Chess is gorgeous, and not too difficult. Two of my voice students sang it a few years ago...they were 15 and 16 years old. They loved the song. Hope this helps!

Unmasked05 Profile Photo
Unmasked05
#6re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 12:46am

"IN HIS EYES" from Jekyll & Hyde.........this song is for two really good female singers.

Facebook...ME !!!

aliceripleysnumber1 Profile Photo
aliceripleysnumber1
#7re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 12:54am

"In His Eyes" and "Leave Me Alone" are both GREAT songs, and fun to perform, but are a bit difficult for younger teen women to sing. Vocally they are quite challenging. "In His Eyes" mainly because of the ranges and "Leave Me Alone" because of the speed of the song/vocally matching with your partner.

TonyBWay Profile Photo
TonyBWay
#8re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 1:13am

"I Will Never Leave You" from Side Show is a great (ballad) duet between 2 females.

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#9re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 3:08am

I think "I Will Never Leave You" might be a little vocally demanding for a 14 and 15 year old. I like the idea of "I Know Him So Well" or you could look at "I Still Believe" from Miss Saigon. Might be a little rough though too for girls of that young of an age. Good luck!!

www.christopherviolett.com

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#10re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 3:45am

Take me or leave me is agreat 2 female duet but I don't know if a 14 and 15 year old should sing that song.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

Sant
#11re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 6:48am

Old Friend - I'M GETTING MY ACT TOGETHER AND TAKING IT ON THE ROAD

My Own Best Friend - CHICAGO

Macavity - CATS

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#12re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 9:19am

I know him so well from Chess
I still believe from Miss Saigon

MusicalDirector109
#13re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 10:14am

"Marry The Man Today" - "Guys and Dolls"
"If Momma Was Married" - "Gypsy"

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#14re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 10:23am

"Perfect Strangers" from Drood
"We Make a Beautiful Pair" from Shanendoah
"What You Don't Know About Women" from City of Angels

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#15re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 10:50am

"Bosom Buddies" from mame,not too challenging at least

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

me101 Profile Photo
me101
#16re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 11:11am

"Come To My Garden" from Secret Garden is supposed to be sung between mother and son, but the boy part, I'm pretty sure, is a soprano. So you can check that one out if you like.

and "How the Other Half Lives" from Thoroughly Modern Millie is one I like a lot; even though it's not a ballad like you prefer, it's a fun song

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to. -Dorothy Parker

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#17re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 12:59pm

I Still Believe from Miss Saigon

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#18re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 2:37pm

"Friendship" -Male & female duet but non gender specific & like Bosum Buddies not too challenging.

melissa errico fan
#19re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 2:39pm

My Friend from THE LIFE is a great one, too.

ChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
#20re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 7:36pm

"Every Day A Little Death" is a lovely ballad from A Little Night Music.

"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#21re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 7:40pm

Good ideas every, thanks for helping!!!

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#22re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 8:47pm

for good from wicked

"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.

Sargar
#23re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 8:49pm

I Still Believe was a favorite at my voice studio...of course my voice teacher made us belt it out, which was NOT pretty...our faces were bright red at the end!

"Hey Joey McIntyre, is there a balcony in Madison Square Garden? Joey knows his venues a little better than me. That's okay...I have a bigger part on broadway...:)" -Idina Menzel

melissa errico fan
#24re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
Posted: 4/9/05 at 8:52pm

"Take Him" from PAL JOEY.