pixeltracker

US producer accused of sexual harassment

US producer accused of sexual harassment

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#1re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/18/06 at 4:38am

"Harris's partners say in the lawsuit that during a game of "Truth or Dare" with cast members of Dog Sees God, she asked a male cast member "to feel her up" and also made sexual overtures to other cast members. It also says she groped a female cast member in a bar."

What were the cast members doing playing truth or dare with the producer anyway? These kind of things are very suspicious, as it seems they had more than just a professional relationship here. Bad idea.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

tim10086 Profile Photo
tim10086
#2re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/18/06 at 5:00am

I googled this woman and found a photograph. She is QUITE hot.

I will climb back up that mountain!

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#3re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/18/06 at 5:04am

LOL, I googled her too. And I agree, she's hot.

FeelingElectric
#4re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/18/06 at 5:51am

re: US producer accused of sexual harassment

I have to agree as well.Especially in this picture.

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield
Updated On: 2/18/06 at 05:51 AM

NYAgent
#5re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/18/06 at 7:49am

If you look at the pic from the front page of the Post yesterday, she has her hand right on Eliza Dushku's butt. And not in the, Whoops my hand just slipped down inappropriately way.

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#6re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/18/06 at 8:17am

Hell, she can grope me any time she pleases! re: US producer accused of sexual harassment

Jon
#7re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/18/06 at 9:30am

Hell, I'm a producer and I WISH I could get actresses to play Truth or Dare with me!

tim10086 Profile Photo
tim10086
#8re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/18/06 at 4:12pm

"it doesn't mean it is okay for them to make sexual advances"

But what if the advancee endorses the advancer? I'm fairly certain there would be more "accepted" sexual advances than "rejected" ones. I find theatre is full of sex, really. Most people seem to have been with a couple of colleagues.

And of course image has something to do with it. If Margo Lyon (sp?) ran her hand over my ass, I'd get outta there. But if it was this Dede woman, she could touch me all she wants. I guess its human nature.

Fizz
#9re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/18/06 at 4:20pm

I find theatre is full of sex, really.

Even in high school its like that. I hate to generalize, but a lot of theatre people are sexual people, maybe due to learning to work on movement and whatnot, plus the energy that charges the whole theatre during a live production and the confidence an actor also gets onstage that can sometimes carry over to real life(however brief). Not ALL theatre people are like that, but a good many I've met are.

Its like at the Olympics. You get a bunch of talented, beautiful people together with a lot of pent-up energy and theres bound to be lots of sex or references to sex.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#10re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/18/06 at 4:29pm

Stop playing Truth or Dare with your producers!

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#11re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/18/06 at 5:06pm

Don't know if this has been stated already or if it was implied, but is this why the three Dog Sees God castmembers left early in the run? And is the big financial suit the reason for the closing date to be pushed forward?

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

Jon
#12re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/18/06 at 7:11pm

The implication of the lawsuit is that the closure of the show was caused in part by the loss of somke the "name" cast members, which in turn was cause by the producer's behavior.

tim10086 Profile Photo
tim10086
#13re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/18/06 at 7:42pm

"Its like at the Olympics. You get a bunch of talented, beautiful people together with a lot of pent-up energy and theres bound to be lots of sex or references to sex. "

There was an article in my local paper a month or so ago (not sure if it went worldwide) that mentioned how Da Vinci had loads of lovers and was very good in bed, etc. There is definitely some link between between being artistic and being sexual.

Thesbijean
#14re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/18/06 at 7:45pm

I dunno, I view it as everybody is a sexual being, but creative type people are usually more comfortable with themselves in general that they are more inclined to discuss and/or express their sexual natures and tendencies.

Fizz
#15re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/18/06 at 7:59pm

Yeah, you described it a bit better than me, Thesbijean :)

There was an article in my local paper a month or so ago (not sure if it went worldwide) that mentioned how Da Vinci had loads of lovers and was very good in bed, etc.

*nods* There was an article that came out around the time of the 2004 Olympics that had to do with the stuff that goes on in the mini Olympic village thing they always set up. At Sydney they ordered 70,000 condoms and put them in machines, ran out, ordered 20,000 more, and still ran out again three days before the end of competition.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#16re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/18/06 at 8:30pm

To be honest, I feel horrible for Ms. Harris. I know this story is quite shocking to most.. and those who semi know her or know her know her.. "know" that she is VERY lovey dovey. She is a VERY NICE & Hardworking humanbeing. I find it QUITE odd that "Dog Sees God" is closing because of her.. any lawyer can look at box office receipts and see the show was failing on it's own. I feel horrible for her daughter and this is just blowing out of control.

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#17re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/21/06 at 1:42pm

Well, clearly there's something up somewhere as Dog Sees God announced today that it actually closed yesterday, ahead of its original out date of the 26th.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#18re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/21/06 at 2:03pm

If they were all engaged in playing "truth or dare" in a bar with their producer, they are just as guilty of any offense as she is. There had better be more substance to the case than this highlighted, detailed instance. And I mean a LOT more. While sexual harassment is definitely a serious crime... so is a "witch hunt." And they're going to have to prove their case clearly... and prove that they were completely innocent in their responses (as opposed to encouraging it in a game scenario).

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#19re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/21/06 at 4:25pm

That's really the question, what the heck were they doing playing truth or dare with the producer of their show, wait better yet what were they all doing playing Truth or Dare in the first place? How very passe'. I'm postive there is much more to this than we're being let in on.

Wicked_fan
#20re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/21/06 at 4:39pm

When I read this story the first time, on another link, it just stated that they played truth or dare and she had one of the male cast members grope her...

When I read that...I imagined all of them sitting in a circle playing truth or dare and some woman saying "I dare you to...grope me...tehehehehe"

I mean, if you don't feel comfortable doing the dare...don't do it! Or, DON'T PLAY! Don't actually do it then later be like "whoa, that was soooo sexual harassment"...it's like consent.

"Better a witty fool than a foolish wit"

-Feste from "Twelfth Night"

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#21re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/21/06 at 4:45pm

The part that bothers me is why, after playing such a personal and casual game with this producer, did they actually site this incident in their sexual harassment case against her? That's outrageous.

Next, they'll be complaining that during a game of strip poker... she actually removed her clothing in front of everyone. Shocking, I know.

If they had built their case using several other examples of inappropriate harassment behavior, I might be inclined to take their concerns more seriously. At this point, my big question to them would be "what the hell were you thinking?"

They'll have to come up with a lengthy list of examples that hold more water than this one, if they want to erase the "bogus" tone of their whistle-blowing, so far.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

JRTO
#22re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/22/06 at 7:46am

"The suit further charges Harris made key decisions without consulting her partners, including rehearsal schedules, casting, script changes, ticket prices and advertising."

interesting how you can be sued in an sexual harrasment case for making key decisions without consulting.

and truth or dare sounds like a concenting activity to me, unless she held guns to everyone's head and told them to play.

seems like someone has a grudge for a show that failed.

#23re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/22/06 at 8:34am

I don't understand why all three of Michael Reidel's last columns were entirely devoted to this. An update each column, sure. One full column about it, sure. But aren't there other things for the guy to report on lately?

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#24re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/22/06 at 8:45am

Of course theatre is full of sex - a lot of emotion and power comes directly from the nether regions, as an old acting teacher of mine used to say to the gals - "sing from your c**t!"

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!