pixeltracker

Poor Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?- Page 2

Poor Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#25Poor Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 12:28pm

Some sects of Orthodox Jews can actually be extremely xenophobic and discriminatory and can be pretty terrible. They are just far, far more insular- they typically live in outsider-unfriendly enclaves. That's the difference- their terribleness is contained to small areas.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 9/1/15 at 12:28 PM

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#26Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 12:29pm

If there were any justice she would end up being ostracized and put out of work like the dentist big game hunter. She'll probably become "a true Christian martyr!" and get a book deal and start walking on water. Preaching hate is big business. 

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#27Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 12:34pm

So true.

And that's fine. Let her be a martyr and stew in a life consumed by psychotic notions of victimization.

I couldn't care less what she does, but get her out the public sector so she can't infringe on anyone else's rights.

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 9/1/15 at 12:34 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#28Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 12:39pm

Kad, they're awful mean people. But they're not trying to change the laws of he entire country to cater to their bigoted beliefs. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#29Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 12:44pm

Her office is filled with people chanting "Do Your Job" now! Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#30Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 12:47pm

"Rowan County Attorney Cecil Watkins says the federal court alerted him that a hearing is scheduled for 11 a.m. Thursday in Ashland, and that Davis along with her entire staff has been summoned to appear.

As an elected official, Davis can't be fired; her impeachment would have to wait until the Legislature's regular session next year or a costly special session."

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#31Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 12:52pm

But she can resign.

With steep fines and jail time hopefully that will be what happens.

From my post 8 replies above:

"Since Defendant Davis continues to collect compensation from the Commonwealth for duties she fails to perform," they asked Bunning to "impose financial penalties sufficiently serious and increasingly onerous" to compel her immediate compliance without delay.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#32Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 12:53pm

Btw, there are apparently more people yelling "stand your ground Kim" than there are yelling "do you job".

By all accounts it's a chaotic scene.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#33Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 2:17pm

If she resigns would that knock her son out of the running for the position?

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#34Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 2:23pm

So, I tried searching the Bible for language regarding the issuance of marriage licenses, but I couldn't find anything.  But then, I don't know which of the countless versions and variations she's standing behind.  I'm sure there must be one somewhere that encourages someone to not do their job, break the law, be a hypocrite and apply/ignore whatever parts of the Bible that will enable your right to bigotry.  Meanwhile, if her attorneys are advising her to break State and Federal laws, that sounds like they should be under review for disbarment.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#35Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 2:47pm

God told her directly while she was fasting.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Roscoe
#36Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 3:06pm

A shame that none of her staff have the guts to defy her authority and issue the licenses because of their own religious beliefs.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

trentsketch Profile Photo
trentsketch
#37Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 3:08pm

I'm sure she has staffers that want to issue licenses. Unfortunately for them, they can be fired by her for not following her orders. They are not protected by an election process like she is.

Roscoe
#38Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 3:14pm

If she fires people for doing what they see fit based on their deeply held religious beliefs, and they're only doing their jobs in accordance with the law of the United States, I bet anybody fired can publicly proclaim that she fired them for discriminatory religious reasons, and sue the city/state for lots of money.  

It's about time people started using this "religious freedom" argument back against these idiots.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#39Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 5:04pm

She and her staff have been summoned to federal court Thursday morning at 11 AM.

ACLU Files Contempt Of Court Motion Against Kim Davis, Say They Don’t Want Her Incarcerated UPDATE: Hearing On Motion Set For Thursday 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#40Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 5:06pm

Hopefully they'll have the electric chair waiting for her.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#41Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 5:27pm

This is just too much:

“Marriage is a lifelong union ordained of God in which a man and a woman of like mind, faith, and fellowship are united in the Lord in Holy Matrimony,” according to the Apostolic Statement of Faith. “Divorce is rare,” according to the church.

According to Rowan County records obtained by BuzzFeed News, Davis has been divorced three times. When she married Joe Davis on Aug. 24, 2009, it was her fourth marriage — and her second to Joe, whom she previously married on the same day 13 years earlier. After her first marriage to Dwain Wallace in 1984, she married Thomas McIntyre Jr. in 2007 in between her marriages to Joe.

Copies of all her marriage licenses

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#42Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 5:47pm

Thanks, Taz. (and to the other ladies and gents on BWW that REALLY know their stuff.) Hopefully reading replies from several knowledgeable posters, will additionally encourage our like minded friends and same gender couples to speak out, be seen and take whatever we have to to the Supreme Court again, if necessary. Whether it's equality, or a woman's right to choose...we just can't stay silent. Our voices matter.

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#43Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 9:13pm

She's a vile human being. Look at how smug she comes across. 

https://www.facebook.com/HillaryThorntonWymt57MountainNews/videos/471513363010011/

FindingNamo
#44Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/1/15 at 9:19pm

Meanwhile, we're distracted by this waste while Donny Trump does his American Goebbles routine and criminally undereducated white people think he "doesn't care about the PC police"!

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#45Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 12:45am

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/09/01/kentucky-clerk-fighting-gay-marriage-has-wed-four-times?int=a14709&int=a21a09&int=a2ab09

It gets even better...

"She gave birth to twins five months after divorcing her first husband. They were fathered by her third husband but adopted by her second. Davis worked at the clerk's office at the time of each divorce and has since remarried."

Updated On: 9/2/15 at 12:45 AM

Wilmingtom
#46Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 2:48am

Can't the powers that be just explain to Ms. Davis that she's not working in a church?

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#47Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 6:26am

Well COCKADOODIE!

Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?

Roscoe
#48Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 8:59am

"She gave birth to twins five months after divorcing her first husband. They were fathered by her third husband but adopted by her second. Davis worked at the clerk's office at the time of each divorce and has since remarried."

So she's an adulterous slut as well as a Bible-pounding bigot -- any chance we can just have her stoned to death?

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#49Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/2/15 at 9:29am

I'm linking a great article that puts this situation in an historical context.

Kim Davis is the new George Wallace

Videos