Lady Gaga SuperBowl

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#50Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/3/17 at 1:54pm

I understand many years ago the NFL wanted this to be more than a game but an event and have succeeded. That being said, wish they did not have a long halftime show which is not good for the players and just remember it is supposed to be about football.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#51Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/3/17 at 2:11pm

"Not sure who foots the bill, but I do know the artist is not paid for the gig."

The NFL cover's the artist expenses and production costs.  I assume most artists think the publicity of performing before 100 million or so TV viewres is worth it, even someone as well known as Lady gaga.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#52Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/3/17 at 4:57pm

just remember it is supposed to be about football.

You should probably tell that to the sponsors.  For years, it has been about the commercials.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Islander_fan
#53Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/4/17 at 1:44am

The Super Bowl halftime show is always sponsored. They foot the bill for the production. Say it's being sponsored by Pepsi, then Pepsi foots the bill. However, over the past few years, it's a pay to play set up. Meaning that since Lady Gaga wanted to perform during the Super Bowl half time show, she has to pay for the ability to do so.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#54Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/4/17 at 9:54am

"You should probably tell that to the sponsors.  For years, it has been about the commercials."

TV sports were always about the commercials, that is how they pay the bills. Halftime shows used to be a marching band and done in 15 minutes. Now it is over 20 minutes and a major production.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#55Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/4/17 at 9:57am

Islander_fan - My wife used to be season ticket holder many years ago when we both lived in NY, moved to NC in 1990. Her greatest sports memory was seeing the Islanders win the cup at the Nassau Coliseum. I forget the exact section of her seats but it was in the upper level behind the goal.

Sunshine! Profile Photo
Sunshine!
#56Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/4/17 at 11:22am

Girl, someone needs to introduce you to the edit button. 

Islander_fan
#57Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/4/17 at 3:36pm

Yankee fan,check your PMs please.

EvanK Profile Photo
EvanK
#58Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/4/17 at 6:40pm

I for one am super excited. Born This Way being played to millions of people around the world? Yes please!! Girls gonna slay!

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#59Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/4/17 at 8:00pm

there was a rumor on reddit that Beyoncé may appear with the Lady...i want Telephone Part 2 dammit!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#60Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/5/17 at 12:03am

gypsy101 said: "there was a rumor on reddit that Beyoncé may appear with the Lady...i want Telephone Part 2 dammit!"

There was a clip on Tumblr from outside the stadium of "Crazy In Love" being soundchecked.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#61Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/5/17 at 4:00pm

Love the yankeefan (let's go Mets) posts and Islander fan, Islander fan I feel your pain these days.  Yes, let's keep it about football although we can't.  Here's to hoping Gaga does something provocative tonight.

Stephanatic

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#62Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/5/17 at 5:20pm

"Love the yankeefan (let's go Mets) posts and Islander fan, Islander fan I feel your pain these days. "

My wife is a Met fan - lol

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#63Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/5/17 at 8:21pm

Okay, back to the thread at hand... GAGA IS KILLING IT!!!

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#64Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/5/17 at 8:31pm

Tremendous halftime show. 

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#65Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/5/17 at 8:35pm

I loved it. The audience in the stadium seemed half-dead. Was there any applause at the end at all? 

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#66Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/5/17 at 8:35pm

Great job Lady Gaga! What a wonderful half-time show that was, way better than the atrocious Katy Perry show from about two or so years ago.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#67Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/5/17 at 9:01pm

Outstanding job. What a performer. And what a voice. 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#68Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/5/17 at 9:04pm

That was pretty phenomenal.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#69Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/5/17 at 9:08pm

Had I thought about it, I would've assumed the flag in the sky was added in digitally, but no, apparently it was 300 drones flying in formation, albeit pre-recorded. Impressive. Link

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$
Updated On: 2/5/17 at 09:08 PM

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#70Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/6/17 at 8:48am

Wow, those were drones? That was amazing, and scary at the same time.

I think she was phenomenal, she just showed everyone that she is the Queen of Pop! The God Bless America at the beginning was aa great statement on how great the United States is especially in light of all the actors complaining on award shows, and Beyonces controversial performance last year.  I think she must have read Broadway Concierges Civility and Respect Thread!! Her voice was spot on, and the dancers were amazing!  No Left Shark here!

When They Go Low, I Go High
Updated On: 2/6/17 at 08:48 AM

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#71Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/6/17 at 9:11am

"God Bless America" is not a unifying song - it's just another reminder to some of us that atheists are a bit of an afterthought in American culture. Whenever I hear someone say "God bless America," I wonder why they just don't ask Tinker Bell to spread her pixie dust over America too, just for good measure. 

I guess maybe I'm a little cranky today. :)

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#72Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/6/17 at 9:51am

She was phenomenal! Voice, body, moves, gorgeous. And the syncing of the light show was spot on!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#73Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/6/17 at 10:58am

Am I the only one who found it a little strange that she didn't sing her biggest hit, Edge of Glory? Otherwise I loved the song choices. 

Updated On: 2/6/17 at 10:58 AM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#74Lady Gaga SuperBowl
Posted: 2/6/17 at 11:28am

^ huh? Where were you when she ended the set with a full version of Bad Romance? That was the highlight for me. And how about Born this Way? I think she did mostly old songs of hers.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
Updated On: 2/6/17 at 11:28 AM

Videos