pixeltracker

RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 5 (w/ Spoilers)- Page 4

RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 5 (w/ Spoilers)

ArtMan
#75RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 5 (w/ Spoilers)
Posted: 6/21/20 at 9:11am

SouthernCakes said: "Also RuPaul shows her arms quite a lot! I mean she’s trying pretend she’s a woman so the no muscle makes sense"

Most women have non stick like arms.  (unless they are super skinny).  You can have a toned arm and still look like a woman. Or even a muscular one.  Friday's episode, her stick like arms seemed more obvious. It did not look good in proportion to the rest of her body.  To me.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#76RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 5 (w/ Spoilers)
Posted: 6/21/20 at 2:33pm

This season is a real snooze, in my opinion. When they announced the queens, I wasn’t excited by the lineup, and they’re just as boring as I thought they would be. The personalities aren’t strong enough to make really good TV. Even during the fights, they sound like they’re on sedatives, and I think the lack of a real comedy queen is very noticeable. They’re the least funny and least entertaining group of all-stars, by far, and I really couldn’t care less who wins. 

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#77RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 5 (w/ Spoilers)
Posted: 6/21/20 at 8:50pm

I concur about lack of comedy queens this season (though Jujubee and Cracker might disagree). Do you suppose they'll just skip Snatch Game entirely this season, given that they're down to 7 girls and next week has a different improv challenge slotted? Snatch Game with 6 queens sounds so puny...

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#78RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 5 (w/ Spoilers)
Posted: 6/21/20 at 10:00pm

They’ll have Snatch Game of Love in 2 weeks.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#79RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 5 (w/ Spoilers)
Posted: 6/22/20 at 12:21am

Only Tangentially related to Drag Race, but T-Rex (Originally Trannika Rex), host of the popular Roscoe's Viewing Party among other events in Chicago drag, is having a reckoning against her for racist and all around ****ty treatment of Black Queens in the Community. Including, but not limited to, forcing Shea (before Drag Race) to do a performance 'Slave 4 U' while white people surrounded her and pretended to hit her with whips... during Black History month.

This was their statement

RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 5 (w/ Spoilers)They had the Town Hall a few nights ago and despite prior to this agreeing to the demands she basically reneged on them when they told her by stepping back from her events twice a month is meant fully stepping back as in no pay, no casting, no input. 

So far Roscoe's has fired her and Berlin where she also hosts show will surely not be behind by much as that is where she had Shea do the Slave 4 U performance and the owner of Berlin was in the video and just went completely wide eyed when she said it.

Basically, she had the opportunity to save her career and mend relationships and she instead chose the nuclear option and set fire to her entire career.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#80RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 5 (w/ Spoilers)
Posted: 6/22/20 at 9:24am

Roscoe said: "I'm talking about the moment where Cracker was talking to Shea and India about how she's glad to be working with queens she respects, and Alexis, who was in no way in the conversation, either as participant or subject, turns around from half way across the room and picks a fight over the entirely imaginary implication that Cracker is saying that Cracker doesn't respect Alexis"

Watch it again. Cracker's exact quote is "The people that I respect are Shea, and Mariah, and Juju, and those people that I really look up to, and those are people I'm working well with."  Cracker has not worked with Jujubee this season, but when Alexis calls her on it, she says "I'm working with people I respect.", which is 1) not what she said originally and 2) STILL not true since she hasn't worked with Jujubee. She was backpeddling like crazy, and I'm glad Alexis said something.

Roscoe
#81RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 5 (w/ Spoilers)
Posted: 6/22/20 at 11:28am

Interesting, and points taken, mainly, but Alexis could have taken the high road and not stuck her chins into a conversation that in no way concerned her.  Picking fights is seldom a good idea.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

ArtMan
#82RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 5 (w/ Spoilers)
Posted: 6/22/20 at 1:57pm

bjh2114 said: "Roscoe said: "I'm talking about the moment where Cracker was talking to Shea and India about how she's glad to be working with queens she respects, and Alexis, who was in no way in the conversation, either as participant or subject, turns around from half way across the room and picks a fight over the entirely imaginary implication that Cracker is saying that Cracker doesn't respect Alexis"

Watch it again. Cracker's exact quote is "The people that I respect are Shea, and Mariah, and Juju, and those people that I really look up to, and those are people I'm working well with." Cracker has not worked with Jujubee this season, but when Alexis calls her on it, she says "I'm working with people I respect.", which is 1) not what she said originally and 2) STILL not true since she hasn't worked with Jujubee. She was backpeddling like crazy, and I'm glad Alexis said something.
"

But....if you rewatch that scene, it was made after they had worked together earlier.  They may not have worked together for hours and hours, but they had worked together that day.  So technically Cracker was stating the truth.  We are both grasping especially for a mostly scripted reality show.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#83RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 5 (w/ Spoilers)
Posted: 6/22/20 at 3:03pm

Roscoe said: "Interesting, and points taken, mainly, but Alexis could have taken the high road and not stuck her chins into a conversation that in no way concerned her. Picking fights is seldom a good idea."

True. I would argue that the difference is that Cracker not a good person (the stories I could tell rival Jordan's stories about Lea Michele) and that Alexis is trying to play up drama for TV. But agreed about picking fights not usually being a great idea.

ArtMan said: "They may not have worked together for hours and hours, but they had worked together that day. "

What? When has Jujubee every worked with Cracker during this season? They've never been on a team together.

ArtMan
#84RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 5 (w/ Spoilers)
Posted: 6/22/20 at 3:40pm

You're right.  My bad.  Possibly they had a working relationship prior, that had nothing to do with the show.  They are always shown helping each other out of their outfits.  But again, it's a reality show.  If you've read what I have on this show, it's just not worth the energy.  I watch it because it gives me something to do on a Friday night. (Yes, my life is that dull).  Just like all the fake Bravo shows.  I watch them because they are entertaining.

Updated On: 6/22/20 at 03:40 PM

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#85RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 5 (w/ Spoilers)
Posted: 6/22/20 at 7:27pm

Y'all realize this is a reality show, where they have to start drama and plotlines, right? I also think it's worth noting that many of the VH1 era queens (S9 and beyond) are much more cautious and less confrontational than the queens from the Logo era. It makes sense that Alexis is starting something with Cracker - it gives her a plotline and production is more likely to keep her around for conflict. It also helps that Alexis is very talented and usually looks impeccable. (The 3-in-1 look wasn't great, but she usually sells it on the runway.) She's my call for top four, with Shea, Jujubee, and Cracker. 

I find the defense of Cracker online very interesting. She's very talented, and while I don't love her work on RPDR, I think she's a very funny and smart drag queen who has continued to elevate her fashion. I can tell a lot of people are attracted to them because of how vocal they are about their self-doubt and mental health, something many of us (especially the younger fans) can relate to. However, some of her fans are really intense online. It reminds me of how defensive Trixie and Katya fans have been, and how it's a lot of young, white, cisgender girls. Maybe there's a trend of attachment to drag queens with the certain type of humor, one that can be quirky and self-deprecating? Either way, the racism and general hate online for queens of color (Alexis, The Vixen, Mayhem, Nina Bonina Brown, Monique Heart, Silky, Latrice on AS4) is really disappointing, but not surprising. No, not everything in the world is about racism. But it definitely stokes fire and adds more nasty words for teens to post online. It makes reading about the show online muuuuuuch less fun, and it sucks to see these drag queens and reality show contestants having to ask people to stop sending them death threats.

Finally, India should have gone home. Mariah isn't perfect but I find her more interesting based on her looks, humor, and ballroom experience. THRILLED Juju won and that Mayhem placed high, but I think Blair was a close second.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#86RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 5 (w/ Spoilers)
Posted: 6/26/20 at 2:55am

Been going back and watching various seasons and... it's problematic. I love the show, so def. don't want a cancel culture, but surprised it hasn't been brought up

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#87RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 5 (w/ Spoilers)
Posted: 6/26/20 at 10:22am

Besides Eureka, Silky, Phi Phi, and Trixie’s win, what’s problematic about it?

Updated On: 6/26/20 at 10:22 AM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#88RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 5 (w/ Spoilers)
Posted: 6/26/20 at 10:27am

Although I thought it was funny at the time, “You’ve got she-mail” is especially cringey now. I’m a little surprised that “May the best woman win” is still being used, though.

Jordan Catalano
#89RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 5 (w/ Spoilers)
Posted: 6/26/20 at 10:29am

These are FEMALE IMPERSONATORS. I swear to God, when drag queens started having to be PC, half the fun of them even existing went away.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#90RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 5 (w/ Spoilers)
Posted: 6/26/20 at 11:12am

"You've got she-mail" is a play on "you've got email" only they changed email to she-mail because men who are dressing up in drag are receiving a message from RuPaul, a very famous drag queen. Some human beings refer to this as a joke.

There, I broke it down very clearly so everyone can understand this joke.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#91RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS https://www.pinknews.co.uk/205 (w/ Spoilers)
Posted: 6/26/20 at 11:19am

Everyone gets the joke, but that doesn't change the fact that trans backlash is was caused it to be dropped.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/03/02/rupauls-drag-race-axes-youve-got-she-mail-catchphrase/

Personally, I think drag is funnier when it is offensive, but, since Drag Race is so mainstream now, I can understand why some people want it to be more socially aware and socially responsible.

Updated On: 6/26/20 at 11:19 AM

TotallyEffed
#92RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS https://www.pinknews.co.uk/205 (w/ Spoilers)
Posted: 6/26/20 at 11:28am

I was, of course, being sarcastic. You said you find the joke especially cringe now, and I'm wondering if you think the joke is transphobic? My point was that it was clearly a DRAG QUEEN JOKE, not a dig at trans people. I don't think it was ever the producers intention to offend the trans community with that joke and that is why I don't find it cringe at all. When people objected to it, they changed it to be more sensitive.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#93RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS
Posted: 6/26/20 at 11:39am

No, I don't think it's transphobic. Hell, I don't even think J.K. Rowling is transphobic. With trans issues coming to the forefront, though, I guess I'm just more sensitive to how it might sound to others, thus the cringe.

TotallyEffed
#94RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS
Posted: 6/26/20 at 11:47am

I totally get that. I just wish people understood context. Drag queens are supposed to be irreverent and transgressive. I wish they were still allowed to be. It definitely feels wrong that drag culture is being appropriated by PC culture. A lot of of us wouldn't have survived growing up without drag queens.

Jordan Catalano
#95RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS
Posted: 6/26/20 at 12:58pm

When drag queens became main stream and needed the income generated from 12 year old girls - that was the end of that. Hell, even my favorite Queen, Willam, has become way too “woke” to listen to much anymore. It’s a damn shame.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#96RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS
Posted: 6/26/20 at 3:56pm

JKR is 100% transphobic.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

TotallyEffed
#97RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS
Posted: 6/26/20 at 4:39pm

JKR seems to be OBSESSED with an argument that no one is thinking about or interested in having. The fact that she repeatedly brings it up and is willing to argue to the death about it does make me think she must be transphobic. She is totally obsessed!! It's very bizarre and sad. We're in the middle of a race war, a global pandemic, and it's Pride Month and THIS is what she uses her platform to speak about?? I have no idea why this is the hill she is choosing to die upon.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#98RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS
Posted: 6/26/20 at 5:07pm

Increasing sensitivity so people don't feel excluded is a good thing. "Woke" is being used as a derogatory word in this discussion, but it has taken a really long time for us as a society to be able to give this specific power - "no, you're doing a wrong thing and should stop doing it because it's hurtful to people"  - to minorities. There is a great power in it now, and people tend to abuse it just for some internet gratification. I for one did not find She-Mail thing offensive, but I'm a cis-man who thankfully wasn't bullied a whole lot for being femme growing. A transgender women or a feminine guy's experience with the words "She-Mail" is much more traumatic. They have a right to ask for the term to be removed from a show which caters to them. I for one am glad that it's not there anymore, but also understand that the original intent was not necessary to insult, but be funny/potentially even re-appropriate the word for the community.

Willam has always been woke. She never changed who she was/is, I still find her to be quite genuine and spontaneous in her videos. I think she has just realized what she found funny 100% of times before wasn't quite funny, it was just insulting a lot of those times. 

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Jordan Catalano
#99RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS
Posted: 6/26/20 at 9:44pm

I’m so so happy for Cracker. And watching that lip sync, it was obvious it was going to be a tie, that was just so damn good.

Videos