pixeltracker

RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)- Page 6

RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#125RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/15/14 at 1:17pm

I've also noticed a great deal of growing hostility toward allies.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#126RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/15/14 at 1:24pm

I am not remembering what happened on the show to spark this. What was the incident?

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#127RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/15/14 at 1:52pm

It was the game they played called (I believe) Female or She-male. It was pretty clear that 'She-Male' was being used to describe drag queens and not trans people, which is why I thought it shouldn't have been an issue. But, when we have lazy-ass twitter activists making a stink that Ellen was transphobic with her Liza/drag queen joke, how can we expect the world to consider issues of gender identity, trans identity, drag performance and the interplay between these things with any nuance or sophistication. I understand the desire to take allies to task if you feel that they are adding to a dehumanized view of who you are. I just don't think that applies here. And even if it does, can we as a queen community please be better than stupid slacktivists and actually have a conversation about it that's respectful?

JerseyGirl2
#128RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/15/14 at 1:58pm

Ohhhhh! Now I remember. Yeah, I wondered if that was going to set people off.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#129RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/15/14 at 2:36pm

Some people just have to clutch their pearls no matter what. I'm just surprised it's taken them so long...

Anyway, it really seems to be a three horse race. Dela, Bianca and Courtney. I love my girl Courtney, but I think this one is Bianca's...

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#130RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/15/14 at 2:40pm

These days, having a sense of humor is much like being a witch in Salem circa 1692.

Roscoe
#131RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/15/14 at 2:42pm

Never understood why everyone's so nuts about Courtney. She's all about flashing that hot Australian bod -- there's not a lot else going on there.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#132RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/15/14 at 2:45pm

The thing that's proving to be a huge disconnect for me is the outrage over 'she-male' which is clearly being used to describe drag queens and not trans people, and the near-deafening silence over the ubiquity of the word 'fish' to describe someone looking the most like a cis woman. I'd argue that drag is about using the provocative language of the fringe to try to bring a different perspective to a world that is so very rigid in its gender norms. And if you're not willing to take on 'fish,' I have doubts about your passion about the word 'she-male'.

JerseyGirl2
#133RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/15/14 at 2:50pm

^THIS!

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#134RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/15/14 at 5:22pm

Because I couldn't care less about this she-male "controversy" here is something more exciting. I guess the crossover between Adventure Time and Drag Race/Adore fans is pretty high.
Lumpy Drag Race

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

broadwayguy2
#135RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/15/14 at 5:39pm

EXACTLY, ROBBIEJ

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#136RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/15/14 at 7:09pm

They're not interested in problems that aren't their own. Cis Women are among their oppressors, so it's really a who gives a F*CK stance for them. They've got the monopoly on the terms shemale & tranny despite Drag Queens being right along side them as people having the insult hurled at them.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Jordan Catalano
broadwayguy2
#139RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/15/14 at 8:40pm

I actually had to defriend someone over Facebook over this ridiculous "she-mail" debate. I am all for a valid discussion about language and the topic, but this faux outrage and selective criticism and that very false sense of political correctness is pathetic.
If you are anti-the word, you see everyone wanting to talk about this as evil and it isnt the case. Certain allies have even been throwing out "unless you are trans, you are not allowed an opinion".. Well, then why should I find the opinion of any ally valid? What about the members of the trans community who have no problem with the word in this context? Isn't that alone worth discussing?
Apparently not.
I love the opportunity to be an avtivist. The problem is that too many people wh want to be activists have to ALWAYS be advocating something or they lose their sense of purpose. Sit back, breathe, gain perspective, stop fighting and actually TALK. Is that so much to ask?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#140RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/15/14 at 9:55pm

I once saw Bob the Drag Queen pickpocket as part of her act at Therapy, so my vote is for her.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

TheatreFan4
#141RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/16/14 at 12:27am

I want Maddox & Logan on the show, but that would mean they couldn't do 'What's The T?' and that is just a world I do not want to live in. If you don't know what 'What's The T?' is then EDUCATE YOURSELF! They're like the Throwin Shade Girls, but entertaining, not nearly as whiny, and they don't make a 35 minute review out of a 43 minute show...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPfaZ71dgyE

Logan's my spirit animal anyway.

Younger Brother Profile Photo
Younger Brother
#142RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/16/14 at 4:17pm

My top pick for season 7 is definitely T.P Lords. Fierce queen. Alot of people are hoping for Vicky Vox. Apart from her brilliant voice, I always found her underwhelming and "over it" much like Detox. Like drag mother, like drag daughter I guess.

(My dream would be to bring Mariah back, but I'm doubtful that'd happen :P )

T.P Lords audition

Jordan Catalano
#143RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/16/14 at 4:27pm

Has anything about the next All Stars come out yet?

JerseyGirl2
#144RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/16/14 at 5:09pm

I was surprised to see Daisy Deadpetals on that list. I saw her at LEAST 15 years ago after she won a national title.

I would like to see Logan on there but, damn, Maddox can get on a bitch's nerves!

I am rarely familiar with any of the contestants before they get on the show. I knew Courtney this year. I knew Willam and Chad. I am out of the drag loop.

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#146RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/17/14 at 12:04pm

The Female/Shemale challenge was a bit stupid, not funny. I didn't consider it insulting, just kind of icky. The She-Mail phrase, a play on e-mail, is cute, sorry they feel the need to change it.

On another note, if you didn't catch Jinkx Monsoon last year in her wonderful show The Vaudevillians, she's coming back to NYC at the Laurie Beechman Theater, May 8-11, for "The Inevitable Concert." She's doing new material that she's recorded for a CD.

Sister Washingtonian, BenDeLaCreme, is also coming to the Laurie Beechman on May 21-23.
Jinkx and BenDeLa Events

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#147RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/17/14 at 12:33pm

Yeah, I definitely wanted to see BenDeLaCreme in May. I do wonder how much I want to her see drag as opposed to just thinking she's just a hot boy. RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)

TheatreFan4
#148RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/17/14 at 9:04pm

If you ever wanted to see an UNcensored Tucking video, Willam's got one for you. SIT YOUR ASS DOWN, he ain't tucking himself...
http://www.xtube.com/watch.php?v=Z8rAd-G288-

TheatreFan4
#149RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Six (TAKE TWO)
Posted: 4/20/14 at 12:31am

Hey! Check out Willam's #HolePic!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRJUvIgQtak

Featuring sexy Andrew Christian models, but one in particular that hot piece of man, Pablo Hernandez.

Videos