pixeltracker

Poor Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?- Page 6

Poor Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do?

Brian07663NJ
#125Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 5:29pm

AEA AGMA SM said: "To be fair, I do recall reading that their state legislature is not currently in session, so in order to initiate those proceedings immediately it would require a special session being called, which would indeed cost a fair amount of money. Should this drag out until they are back in session then it may be a different story."

Yes, that is correct. I read that too. Their state legislature is not currently in session.

BTW -  In the Hobby Lobby decision, it was argued that women who disagreed w/the company's refusal to include contraception in their health care benefits should just find other jobs.

Another comment in an article said that the fine for her refusal should be equal to the value of her salary. Would she continue to work for nothing to maintain her belief?

Updated On: 9/3/15 at 05:29 PM

Brian07663NJ
Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#127Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 5:47pm

Apparently, though 5 of 6 deputy clerks are willing to issue licenses, Kim will not issue them the authority to do so.

Issuing others the authority to grant licenses really has nothing to do with her religious beliefs, but refusing to do so seems to not only willfully impede the system, but hypocritically infringe upon the religious beliefs of those willing to issue licenses to same-sex couples.  I would love to hear her backward excuse.  I also want to hear how and why God would punish her for issuing licenses to same-sex couples since the situation is not mentioned in the Bible.  I wonder if God told her not to pay taxes, too?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#128Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 6:02pm

The second anyone says "God told me...", their statement, argument etc. is invalid. 

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#129Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 6:07pm

Mister Matt, I believe in her twisted logic that signing over the right for others in her office to provide marriage licenses would also be condoning it. She does have to sign the order.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Brian07663NJ
#130Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 6:09pm

Is there anyway to ask her if she wears clothing of mixed fibers?

Will the gay fashion police please review her wardrobe! Perhaps she can be saved from going to hell by accident if she doesn't remember the don't mix fibers bible rules that God laid out.

Updated On: 9/3/15 at 06:09 PM

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#131Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 7:38pm

I'd bet my paycheck that she's got a butterfly tramp stamp on the small of her back.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#132Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 7:57pm

"We cannot represent to the court that she would allow licenses to be issued," attorney Mat Staver said.

"Because that in her understanding and mind is authorizing something that is contrary to her Christian values and convictions," he said. "That's where the conscience rub is."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/03/politics/kentucky-clerk-same-sex-marriage-kim-davis/index.html

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#133Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 8:14pm

Rand Paul gets involved and of course it's something stupid as hell he has to say.

"I think it's absurd to put someone in jail for exercising their religious beliefs."

She wasn't doing her job. SHE WASN'T DOING HER JOB.

Mrs. Kasha Davis has a response for her sister-in-law Ms. Kim Davis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxyiYOySY1M

Updated On: 9/3/15 at 08:14 PM

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#134Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 10:18pm

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali
Updated On: 9/3/15 at 10:18 PM

FindingNamo
#135Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 12:02am

I think there's nothing left to say about Kim Davis.  It's time for her to sit back and reap the huge financial benefits she's going to get as a motivation Xian poster gal.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#136Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 8:11am

This is a really well written op ed on the situation

In particular I like this thought:

Already many of the GOP presidential candidates have weighed in, creating the curious spectacle of lawmakers pre-emptively breaking their oaths of office: How can you promise to "uphold the Constitution" if you have already admitted that it has a loophole big enough for Davis to fit through?

The judge who ordered Davis to be held in contempt, and the deputy clerks who started issuing marriage licenses, may be the only Republican left who realizes that Davis’ stunt is something besides a fundraising appeal. Or, rather, he seems to understand that Davis offers only the literal fundraising appeal to end all fundraising appeals. Follow her logic to its fiery end—the Bible as the ultimate legal authority—and there would be no political offices left to run for, just law enforcement positions.

There are regimes like that in the world; we’re fighting wars with a few of them.

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 9/4/15 at 08:11 AM

Liza's Headband
#137Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 8:58am

It's interesting that no one is discussing this homophobic bigot's long affiliation with the Democrats. 

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#138Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 9:02am

Liza's Headband said: "It's interesting that no one is discussing this homophobic bigot's long affiliation with the Democrats." 

It WAS discussed earlier in the thread.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#139Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 9:03am

JerseyGirl2 said: "papalovesmambo has unearthed the fact that Davis is an elected DEMOCRAT. I don't know if she has changed parties since finding salvation, but she has never changed it on paper. Needless to say, papa may be hospitalized for ripping something while laughing."

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#140Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 9:12am

It's interesting that LH appeared to want to further discuss it and yet didn't.

FindingNamo
#141Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 9:19am

Many Democrats are pro-choice, a fact that might be very interesting to their employers.  Just sayin'.

LIKE!!!!

Updated On: 9/4/15 at 09:19 AM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#142Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 9:24am

tazber said: "It probably has more to do with the fact that her mother was a democrat so when Kim ran for office there was already republican challenger.

Btw, apparently the election was thisclose. Davis barely beat her competitor.

Liza, this was my opinion on her party affiliation.

FindingNamo
#143Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 9:26am

How does THAT troll of all trolls put people on the defensive?

Everybody's all politely showing him he's dead wrong again when if the keyboard was under the other fingertips he'd be calling everybody dumbasses and morons and PsOS for calling him out for not paying attention to a topic he had covered.

LarryD2
#144Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 9:40am

Rowan County has begun issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/05/us/kim-davis-same-sex-marriage.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

LarryD2
#145Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 9:42am

Words of wisdom from Kim Davis's second/fourth hubby:

Ms. Davis remained in jail on Friday, and her husband said Friday that his wife planned to stay “as long as it takes” until a law was passed that gave county clerks like her the option not to issue marriage licenses that violated their religious convictions.

“She has done her job,” he said. “Just because five Supreme Court judges make a ruling, it’s not a law.”

yodamarie78 Profile Photo
yodamarie78
#146Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 9:43am

I don't understand why people keep bringing up the fact that she is a Democrat as though that is some kind of trump card. (I've seen it on Facebook and Twitter as well) Belonging to the same political party does not mean I have to agree with or support her. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#147Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 9:51am

I'm pretty sure that five unelected activist judges on the Supreme Court passed a law saying it does mean that, Yoda. 

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#148Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 10:03am

“Just because five Supreme Court judges make a ruling, it’s not a law.”

I mean, there is no response to that.

The sky is green.

Just because we know through science that there are more blue molecules from the sun scattered in the atmosphere does not make it so.

????????????????

FindingNamo
#149Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 10:24am

Science is bought and paid for!

Videos