Jordan Catalano
#150Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 10:29am

GOD IS MY SCIENCE!!!!!

Roscoe
#151Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 11:21am

I'm paraphrasing Betty Bowers here, but you get the idea:

Saying that jailing Kim Davis is "criminalizing Christianity" is like saying that jailing drunk drivers is criminalizing alcohol.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

brdlwyr
#152Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 3:40pm

Some conservatives are comparing Davis to MLK!  

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#153Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 4:01pm

Davis compared herself to MLK.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

brdlwyr
#154Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 4:07pm

I should read more carefully.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#155Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 4:10pm

It's going to be hard on her when people stop paying attention and move on to the next Outrage Du Jour.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#156Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 4:33pm

brdlwyr said: "I should read more carefully.

I wasn't correcting you! I was just saying she shares the delusion.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#157Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 4:56pm

Din't read back all the way but I heard she's getting a Huckabee visit.  Cruz and Fiorino sent love letters, anyone sensing desperation?

Stephanatic

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#158Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 5:06pm

I think Snafu posted a link to a hilarious clip of Dick Shawn driving and crying to Mommy Ethel Merman from It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World. That's so funny and appropriate. Everyone in that film is looking for a huge sum of $$$$$$; wa-ait a minute, isn't davis looking for her ton of money? I truly think if any elected official or 2015-2016 candidate coddles her and send letters or visit her, THEY must be outed at the debates or sooner, that goes for Republican or Democrat. (Did DT finally come out and say the right thing?)

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#159Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 1:37pm

I read that her husband wants the governor to intervene since his wife was "imprisoned illegally"  and he supposedly said that the gov needed to either due his job or resign.   Oh, the irony.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#160Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 3:13pm

HAHAHA!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Hulmeman Profile Photo
Hulmeman
#161Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 3:28pm

I’ve been viewing this story from afar with great interest and not a little incredulity. I hope you don’t mind the ramblings of a limey on this story.  

In the UK we do not have elected officials who carry out local authority policy (our M.P’s or councillors make policy, but hired officials carry it out). There have been cases here of hired officials such as registrars refusing to do civil partnerships because they are crazy christers, they are usually shunted into another job to avoid the confrontation, or they resign their post. They cannot obstruct the law or judicial decisions.

Davis is right to say that in the Bible Jesus said marriage was between man and woman. He also said marriage made two people one and they were inseparable, (Ms Davis has I think tested this one quite a few times) I paraphrase, but maybe so did St John.  But, Jesus also gave his followers the biggest cop out of all time as in “turn the other cheek” or even “pay unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s” but clearly she is choosing to pick a fight to reap the rewards of the pieces of silver she will make.

She and all the GOP cronies assert that her right to religious freedom is under attack. No it’s not, she can believe in the teachings of a green frog glove puppet if she likes, as long as she does her job. One good comparison I have read is that of a county clerk refusing to issue a gun license because it is against the word of god to kill someone and a gun makes that possible.

This cynical old queen sees a fight being picked here and I suspect Ms Davis is being put up as a sort of martyr, Christians have a track record on this score.

Only last night, I watched again the film “Milk”, Harvey and those around in the 1970’s faced the same religious dogma.  Whatever happened to Anita Bryant? (apparently Uma Thurman is being lined up to do her in a bio-pic!)

Of course, nothing is new, we had a similar situation here in England in 1532 when Sir Thomas Moore refused to acknowledge Henry VIII as supreme head of the Church of England. He cited religious beliefs as well. Like Kim Davis he was imprisoned, then had his head chopped off, worse still he was played by Charlton Heston in a bio-pic.

Updated On: 9/5/15 at 03:28 PM

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#162Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 4:54pm

Yup

Stephanatic

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#163Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 5:53pm

Her lawyers have a long history of supporting anti-gay causes, but they can't seem to decide how the law actually works: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2015/09/05/should-elected-officials-have-to-obey-the-law-liberty-counsel-cant-decide/

Wilmingtom
#164Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 1:34am

Enough with these religious terrorists.  And Davis won't be a martyr because her fifteen minutes are just about up.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#165Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 2:54am

HA-HA!

http://www.joemygod.com/2015/09/05/world-net-daily-has-the-gofundme-sadz/

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#166Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 3:54am

I wish we could just put a nail in her coffin. I had not seen the article posted above. At least, (Thank GOD!), GoFundMe dumped her claim. We need someone to KickStart the Jesus out of her! It's sad she can sit in prison now, and still get paid for not doing her job, which is what she wasn't doing to begin with. They should find a way to put her salary in escrow...hate always finds a way somehow.

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#167Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 5:08pm

Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#168Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/7/15 at 2:02pm

Someone started a fake Twitter account for Kim Davis and they were the ones comparing her to MLK.

And they posted a fake letter from her, quoting the bible.  But when people pointed out that the bible verse she was quoting had to do with the sins of divorce, the cover was blown.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#169Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/7/15 at 7:30pm

OK, when the ENTIRE PANEL on Fox News, the channel that thinks there is a War on Christmas every year, all come down against Kim Davis's legal team, there isn't much hope...

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#170Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/7/15 at 7:44pm

This is not really going to end well for her. The Lawyers at Liberty should be brought up on charges and disbarred. This is nothing more the their attempt at a money grab.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#171Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/7/15 at 8:04pm

"Of course, nothing is new, we had a similar situation here in England in 1532 when Sir Thomas Moore refused to acknowledge Henry VIII as supreme head of the Church of England. He cited religious beliefs as well. Like Kim Davis he was imprisoned, then had his head chopped off, worse still he was played by Charlton Heston in a bio-pic."

Priceless!

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#172Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/7/15 at 8:45pm

I understand the "she's going to be a martyr for the Christian Right" argument. I really do. But I have a question for those that say that. What alternative was there? You couldn't allow her to continue defying the law or interpreting the law her own way. Something had to be done. What else could have been done? Plus I think she was a martyr for the Right long before her arrest. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#173Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/7/15 at 9:54pm

Honestly- the judge was smart to jail her. A fine would've been raised and paid off in no time- and then what? She continues to refuse to issue licenses and it keeps on going?

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#174Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/8/15 at 12:38pm

Christie says he would have "just moved" her to another position.

Do any of the potential GOP nominees understand what "elected" means?

Chris Christie demonstrates the stupidity we all knew he had in him

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 9/8/15 at 12:38 PM

Videos