pixeltracker

Great Comet Seating Thread- Page 10

Great Comet Seating Thread

bear88
#225Right front mezzanine
Posted: 4/4/17 at 4:53am

Well, that was stressful. The variables in show seating, and people's different personal preferences, and the power going out when I was trying to order a week before the performance. I hope I like this show after all the aggravation. It's the one show I decided to get tickets in advance (unlike last year, when everything was purchased before we went to New York). My wife wants more flexibility this time.

Anyway, just curious, now that it's too late, what thoughts anyone has on right mezzanine, Row D, seats 1-3, on the aisle. I don't know if that's better than the left or rear orchestra, but it seems like a reasonably clear view of things at a decent price. But I have no clue.

Updated On: 4/4/17 at 04:53 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#226Right front mezzanine
Posted: 4/4/17 at 4:56am

bear88 said: "Anyway, just curious, now that it's too late, what thoughts anyone has on right mezzanine, Row D, seats 1-3, on the aisle. I don't know if that's better than the left or rear orchestra, but it seems like a reasonably clear view of things at a decent price."

Should be fine, I booked A 1-4 when I'm taking the family in June. I've sat onstage when I've gone alone, but I got more frugal once it was 4X, heh. The cast run through the front of the mezzanine a bunch, the one staircase up from the orchestra will be right in your section, and the aisle they also use will be right behind you, so shouldn't have any issues.

BentleyB
#227Right front mezzanine
Posted: 4/4/17 at 7:16am

I have seen it twice from the Banquettes. One in the middle and this past Friday in the very last one. Both were great, but loved the last banquette. Great sight lines on stage and into the audience. 

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#228Right front mezzanine
Posted: 4/6/17 at 4:44pm

I was supposed to see the show with my parents tonight from right orchestra row G (behind that runway).... but due to the weather their flight to NYC was severely delayed and there's no way they were going to make the show. I went to the box office today and they were kind enough to switch our tickets to Sunday, and I couldn't be more grateful. But we're now sitting in orchestra Row B, seats 1, 3, 5, which I think is Left Orchestra on that center aisle, in what looks the the front row. I read this whole thread and that section isn't really talked about a lot, haha. I can't change them now anyway, but what should we expect from those seats? Sounds like there are pros and cons for every section, and that we might be looking at some thighs (?), but I'm just curious. I know we'll enjoy the show regardless. Thanks! 

maxkko Profile Photo
maxkko
#229Right front mezzanine
Posted: 4/6/17 at 5:27pm

BentleyB said: "I have seen it twice from the Banquettes. One in the middle and this past Friday in the very last one. Both were great, but loved the last banquette. Great sight lines on stage and into the audience. "

What banquette seats did you have?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#230Right front mezzanine
Posted: 4/6/17 at 6:20pm

JudyDenmark said: "I was supposed to see the show with my parents tonight from right orchestra row G (behind that runway).... but due to the weather their flight to NYC was severely delayed and there's no way they were going to make the show. I went to the box office today and they were kind enough to switch our tickets to Sunday, and I couldn't be more grateful. But we're now sitting in orchestra Row B, seats 1, 3, 5, which I think is Left Orchestra on that center aisle, in what looks the the front row. I read this whole thread and that section isn't really talked about a lot, haha. I can't change them now anyway, but what should we expect from those seats? Sounds like there are pros and cons for every section, and that we might be looking at some thighs (?), but I'm just curious. I know we'll enjoy the show regardless. Thanks! 

I sat in Row B right next to the center walkway, and the view was great, except when the actors were toward the back of the stage, under the center door. At those times, it was difficult to see them. Also, Josh Groban/Pierre spends a lot of time during the show just sitting in the center pit, watching the proceedings. I could barely see him there unless he stood up. When the actors were by the banquettes or towards the front of the stage, which was often, the view was amazing. Of course, your view will be slightly different, but similar. I would have preferred a few rows back, but, overall, I really enjoyed the show and the immersive experience. Have a great time! Here are 2 pics from my seat:

https://imgur.com/a/xBz1j

JustAnotherNewYorker
#231Right front mezzanine
Posted: 4/6/17 at 6:28pm

bear88 said: "Anyway, just curious, now that it's too late, what thoughts anyone has on right mezzanine, Row D, seats 1-3, on the aisle. I don't know if that's better than the left or rear orchestra, but it seems like a reasonably clear view of things at a decent price. But I have no clue."

House right or stage right? We saw it once from similar seats on house left. The view was great, but you miss a tiny bit of action with Anatole in act 2 if you are too far left (I wasn't, my wife was). Otherwise, great seats. 

Updated On: 4/6/17 at 06:28 PM

JudyDenmark
#232Right front mezzanine
Posted: 4/6/17 at 6:40pm

CT2NYC said: "Have a great time! Here are 2 pics from my seat: https://imgur.com/a/xBz1j"

Thank you so much! Very helpful. I'm sure we'll enjoy the close-up view. As long as we can see Groban at *some* point, we'll be good. The show is our main draw more than him specifically. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#233Right front mezzanine
Posted: 4/6/17 at 6:55pm

JudyDenmark said: "CT2NYC said: "Have a great time! Here are 2 pics from my seat: https://imgur.com/a/xBz1j"

Thank you so much! Very helpful. I'm sure we'll enjoy the close-up view. As long as we can see Groban at *some* point, we'll be good. The show is our main draw more than him specifically. 

Don't worry, when Groban is part of the action and singing, you'll see plenty of him. Also, you'll have to keep your legs tucked so as not to trip the actors when they pass right in front of you!

eugenia2
#234Right front mezzanine
Posted: 4/6/17 at 6:57pm

maxkko said: "BentleyB said: "I have seen it twice from the Banquettes. One in the middle and this past Friday in the very last one. Both were great, but loved the last banquette. Great sight lines on stage and into the audience. "

What banquette seats did you have?

I've also been on the last row of banquettes, next to the aisle, BG22.  awesome.  you're right next to the door that the actors use.  great view.  The couple beside me were enraptured, and i don't use that word lightly. :) 

"

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#235Right front mezzanine
Posted: 4/7/17 at 12:38am

I sat near the back of the orchestra in row N. I saw everything. I was bored silly and couldn't figure out what was going on. Nor did I care. The people next to us left at intmerission. Lucky them,. I sat through the whole thing. On a good note, The set and transformmaton of the theatre is marvelous and the actors quite exuberant. The show was dull and undecpherable. I suggest sitting in another theatre and seeing anything else.  Can't believe they give this good reviews.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#236Right front mezzanine
Posted: 4/7/17 at 2:18am

goldenboy said: "I sat near the back of the orchestra in row N. I saw everything. I was bored silly and couldn't figure out what was going on. Nor did I care. The people next to us left at intmerission. Lucky them,. I sat through the whole thing. On a good note, The set and transformmaton of the theatre is marvelous and the actors quite exuberant. The show was dull and undecpherable. I suggest sitting in another theatre and seeing anything else.  Can't believe they give this good reviews.

I left at intermission, I know better! Ugh...it was painful. I was in the mezzanine somewhere...counting the minutes until intermission.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

PaulWom
#237Right front mezzanine
Posted: 4/7/17 at 2:30am

Just a thought-- could people stop attacking a show that other people love on that show's thread? Just .... be kind? I know it's a novel idea.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#238Right front mezzanine
Posted: 4/7/17 at 6:18am

After Eight huffed, goldenboy's confused, muscle23ftl left, and Andre isn't here...

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#239Right front mezzanine
Posted: 4/7/17 at 9:37am

PaulWom said: "Just a thought-- could people stop attacking a show that other people love on that show's thread? Just .... be kind? I know it's a novel idea.

It's not just that it's being attacked, it's being attacked on a seating thread. There are plenty of appropriate places to comment on the production itself, but this isn't one of them.

klinnerz
#240Right front mezzanine
Posted: 4/7/17 at 7:24pm

Does anyone know if rush tickets are easy for this show? Sorry, it's not the right thread to be asking, but any tips would be great!

JudyDenmark
#241Right front mezzanine
Posted: 4/10/17 at 6:48am

We sat in row B of the house-left orchestra (seats 1-3-5) and I have to recommend that people sit anywhere else. Because there's a raised platform directly in front of you, and another one in front of that, the people sitting on those platforms will block the entire stage. I had two big guys directly in front of me, and could see maybe 10% of the show around their backs. In the opening song when they introduce all of the characters, the only one I could see was Natasha. So needless to say, I was lost the entire time. Terrible, terrible seats. 

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#242Right front mezzanine
Posted: 4/10/17 at 10:11am

Anyone see this through TDF?  How were the seats? 

jen_in_toronto
#243Right front mezzanine
Posted: 4/10/17 at 10:47am

I did TDF and got mezzanine seats (sorry, can't remember the exact row or anything, but about halfway up). I was totally happy with them because I could take in the whole show/set. 

Sarah Jacobs
#244Banquette or Table?
Posted: 4/13/17 at 1:57pm

Hello all!

I'm looking to buy tickets for a matinee in May and need help deciding on seats.  Currently available for my date are banquette seats row BC seat 2 and row BD seat 1, or table TN.  Which would you all suggest?  I'm looking for a fairy immersive experience, but would also like to see most of the show.  Is the TN table sunken?  I'm only 5' tall, so I'm not sure a sunken table would be my best bet.

That ks!

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#245Banquette or Table?
Posted: 4/18/17 at 3:50pm

Hey Everyone -

looking at onstage seating for a show next month; would you recommend table TN, Armchair SC, or Armchair SB? This is...oddly specific I know, but this is likely the only time I will see the show and I am trying to figure out a good balance between being onstage and not missing much. (these are all non-premium seats, btw)

eugenia2
#246Banquette or Table?
Posted: 4/18/17 at 4:04pm

ChairinMain & Sarah Jacobs

TN - lots of interaction and not sunken.

MizzieKarimnoodlePhan
#247Banquette or Table?
Posted: 4/19/17 at 1:21am

Sorry if I am posting this wrong! I'm new to this and can't figure out how to simply add a message to the thread without replying to a certain message.

I just bought seats at an "Upper Stage Center Table"(the ones in the center of the stage underneath the platform Pierre walks onto in the Prologue). The ticket says Row TR.

Are these good seats? From what I've seen in pictures, you seem to be able to see everything(with a lot of neck turning of course), yet feel in the center of the action. I've read that the front rows of the banquettes are amazing and these seats are only a few feet away from the banquettes, so I'm assuming it's about the same view with just a tiny bit more interaction. Thanks!

Updated On: 4/19/17 at 01:21 AM

pdjennings Profile Photo
pdjennings
#248SB
Posted: 4/22/17 at 9:17pm

Hi all -

We've done orchestra and banquette ... we're thinking about a 3rd time. For our specific date, there are two seats in SB (4&5).  I love the idea of upholstered armchairs and the location .... but we have questions for anyone who knows.  My husband and I are both somewhat fluffy -- so, 1) are those chairs scary tiny or anything, and 2) is that little area going to get super packed-in if we're both in there (given the number of people in there)? I wish I'd paid closer attention the last time we were there ...

Any advice would be great :)
Thanks!

Updated On: 4/22/17 at 09:17 PM

whizzer_wins Profile Photo
whizzer_wins
#249Where To Sit?
Posted: 4/24/17 at 8:57am

Hello everyone! I'm looking at a few seats here, and was wondering what my best option would be out of these!

I'm looking at rear mezzanine ROW C SEAT 1, orchestra center ROW G, SEAT 104 (next to a table), or banquette ROW BE, SEAT 24. 

They're all on the end (save for the table next to the orch seat next to a table) and the orchestra seat is the most expensive while the rear mezz is the cheapest. :)

Videos