pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 10

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

susirene
#225Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 1:22pm

If you’re wondering why the presales sold out but there are still tickets available, it is because they don’t release every ticket at every price point with every “round” of sales.

I bought today and had the waiting room open on both my phone and my laptop - 2268 on my laptop, 14000-something on my phone, and it ended up being my phone “spot” with which I got my tickets - and there were tons of dates available for December, just not at the lower price points.

I share other people’s frustration with the lack of seat info - I was aiming for aisle seats due to my mom (for whom these tickets are a gift) being tall with claustrophobia, and got the highest number I could find (since a 1 never popped up) in the orchestra, but I would love to know if I should be happy with these or if I should keep looking for different seats that are definitely aisle.

I have ORCHL row M rows 29-31 - does anyone have a number higher than that in that row??

Also, as encouragement for those who didn’t find tickets at their price point today, I got tickets to the London show very last minute and NOT through the Friday Forty, due to someone returning their tickets. Check every day, especially if you have one specific day in mind! I had a seat in the very.last.row - and it was still totally worth it!!! (The Friday Forty is also worth it if you don’t mind deciding to go with a week’s notice - it’s not like some other lotteries where it’s day of!)

GoRangers321
#226Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 1:25pm

Will TicketMaster have resale tickets available for this show?

Theatre_Mom
#227Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 1:25pm

Was able to get tickets for  Nov. Row H seats 29 -31.  I assume that's the last two seats in the row.  Anyone get higher  seat #  than that?

Oh well....at least we are going.  My daughter will be so happy!

susirene
#228Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 1:29pm

GoRangers321 said: "Will TicketMaster have resale tickets available for this show?"

Since people can actually return their tickets, I am guessing they’ll just pop up as available in the regular search.  Since people can return their tickets, I don’t think a resale section would be allowed, but I’m not sure...

corthomas
#229Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 1:32pm

Yesterday I was able to snag two $40/part tickets for a Wednesday at the end of June. Was really hoping for March 24th (as that's when my already booked NYC trip is). I don't suppose anyone has tickets for that date and would be willing to trade? If not, I'll just have to make another trip to the city...wouldn't that just be awful?

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#230Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 1:34pm

Broadway Joe said: "NYfanfromCA said: "I was looking for a single seat for May, secured seats, and then after entering in all of my credit card information, I got error messages that I had exceeded the ticket limit. Is there actually a cap on the number of tickets total that we can buy for the entire run per household? I read that we could buy 6 per transaction/code? I bought 4 in the first presale for October, and 2 yesterday for the same date in October. I was planning to return the first 4 or offer them here at cost once I found close to what I wanted for May. Now I don't have my single seat in May.

If this is the case, if I transfer the first 4 October seats to someone here on the forums, will that still count against the maximum tickets and then I still won't be able to buy a single ticket? I can call and return the tickets, but I don't want to stay on hold forever today.
"

You're probably better off just using another family members or friends account to get the single seat instead of wasting your time trying to contact them.
"

Agreed. I was parked in the school parking lot at the time (at drop-off), and after trying for 15 minutes, needed to start driving again.  On the way home, I called my sister for her information, but when I was able to park again and check, the seats were long gone.  Wish I would have thought of a way to buy the seats while driving, but I couldn't give my sister my browser window on my phone due to the queue.  If anyone has an extra single orchestra seat for sale/trade for Sunday, May 13, let me know smiley.   I have a single Row G to trade (Sunday, October 13).

Updated On: 2/8/18 at 01:34 PM

Rakstovall
#231Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 1:37pm

I got ORCHR row N, seats 34-36. I know that's the row behind you and the other side of the theater, so it could be completely different, but based on our numbers it would seem to me there is likely seat 33 and 35 on your side, at least in row N. But what do I know?

But, I share the frustrations over the seating chart transparency, or lack thereof. Forgive me if this has been asked (I combed through this thread late last night), but does anyone know how far the dress circle overhangs the orchestra? Just wondering if row N will be partial view. Thanks!

MyMeredithMonster Profile Photo
MyMeredithMonster
#232Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 1:44pm

FlySkyHigh said: "Did anyone get an error saying their card was not accepted? I’ve double and triple checked the number and I have the money in my account. I’m having nightmares trying to talk to someone in customer service. Needless to say I’m very frustrated. If I can even get this resolved, I’m sure the tix I want will no longer be there."

I had a whole bunch of this nonsense! Tried multiple times for a couple of different days and always had the "error - try again" junk pop up.  I checked my bank account later and saw two huge charges from ticketmaster.  Had to call and be on hold forever.  Finally, I was told that two of the transactions somehow went through and they gave me confirmation numbers.  I'm going to cancel one of the orders, but I need to talk with the other people I'm going with to see which one.  Super frustrating! 

I'm also worried that I don't 'really' have tickets since they aren't showing up on my account and I never received a confirmation email.  I'm just taking customer services' word for it. That being said, I would not be shocked if I have zero tickets (instead of two sets of three tickets).

"Yeah, Clarissa, explain it all."
Updated On: 2/8/18 at 01:44 PM

Tuna2
#233Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 1:45pm

FlySkyHigh said: "Did anyone get an error saying their card was not accepted? I’ve double and triple checked the number and I have the money in my account. I’m having nightmares trying to talk to someone in customer service. Needless to say I’m very frustrated. If I can even get this resolved, I’m sure the tix I want will no longer be there."

I had that same issue as well.  I did it once and it said that there was an error and I needed to try again.  I got timed out, so I tried again for the same date and got tickets.  Went to check out and I got the same message as the first time.  I then thought maybe my credit card was putting up a security block, so I called them to find out.  To my surprise, I got charged twice for those ticket purchase even though on Ticketmaster, it said that my order didn't go through.  I called Ticketmaster customer service to straighten it out and they did show that I had purchased two sets of tickets.  I told them to cancel one set and I'll keep the other set.  They will reimburse my credit card for the canceled tickets.  So, I would check your credit card bank and call Ticketmaster to make sure you were not doubled charged and you may still have your tickets that you purchased.  The customer service person said that they were having problems with this for most of the day.  I hoped this helps you out.

susirene
#234Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 1:49pm

Rakstovall said: "I got ORCHR row N, seats 34-36. I know that's the row behind you and the other side of the theater, so it could be completely different, but based on our numbers it would seem to me there is likely seat 33 and 35 on your side, at least in row N. But what do I know?

But, I share the frustrations overthe seating chart transparency, or lack thereof. Forgive me if this has been asked (I combed through this thread late last night), but does anyone know how far the dress circle overhangs the orchestra? Just wondering if row N will be partial view. Thanks!
"

I just sent a Facebook message to Lyric to see what info they could give me (they didn’t have a ton of comments on their page - what they did have they seemed to have responded to personally - and it says they respond within a few hours, so fingers crossed!) If they seem helpful and willing to share info, I’ll post it here!

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#235Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 2:04pm

Looking like they might be almost completely out of tickets now, I didn't see anything green anymore for 2 seats and most of the yellow dates actually have nothing let.

This message is on there now too..

"Ticket availability is extremely limited. We encourage you to check back daily, as late-release and returned tickets may become available on a regular basis, sometimes at short notice. For more details, visit the official website, www.HarryPotterThePlay.com"

Fosse76
#236Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 2:19pm

At least they use the same visuals that they use in London, as it's a lot easier to just look at the calendar and see that it's sold out without having to waste time clicking each date and trying to select tickets. I know in London, I had the same problem, with the "yellow" dates actually being sold out. Perhaps the purchases for those dates are in-process, so while technically not available they are actually sold out.

Fortunately, I was able to book a much better seat today for later in the year than what I booked yesterday. It seems like after the first year, it was much easier to get tickets in London, so hopefully that plays out here too (though I'm convinced that London started holding back seats to release regularly at premium prices, which keep increasing).

susirene
#237Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 2:26pm

susirene said: "Rakstovall said: "I got ORCHR row N, seats 34-36. I know that's the row behind you and the other side of the theater, so it could be completely different, but based on our numbers it would seem to me there is likely seat 33 and 35 on your side, at least in row N. But what do I know?

But, I share the frustrations overthe seating chart transparency, or lack thereof. Forgive me if this has been asked (I combed through this thread late last night), but does anyone know how far the dress circle overhangs the orchestra? Just wondering if row N will be partial view. Thanks!
"

I just sent a Facebook message to Lyric to see what info they could give me (they didn’t have a ton of comments on their page - what they did have they seemed to have responded to personally -and itsays they respond within a few hours, so fingers crossed!) If they seem helpful and willing to share info, I’ll post it here!
"

Update: The Lyric FB account is super responsive! They told me that in ORCHL Row M, seat 33 is the aisle seat, and that the dress circle curves around and basically stops its overhang on the edges at Row M (so my seat 31 is under it, but 29 is not), but said that the view is not impeded in any way.

If anyone else has questions, I would try sending them a FB message - probably much easier for them than everyone calling the Box Office!

Rakstovall
#238Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 2:34pm

susirene said: "susirene said: "Rakstovall said: "I got ORCHR row N, seats 34-36. I know that's the row behind you and the other side of the theater, so it could be completely different, but based on our numbers it would seem to me there is likely seat 33 and 35 on your side, at least in row N. But what do I know?

"

I just sent a Facebook message to Lyric to see what info they could give me (they didn’t have a ton of comments on their page - what they did have they seemed to have responded to personally -and itsays they respond within a few hours, so fingers crossed!) If they seem helpful and willing to share info, I’ll post it here!
"

Update: The Lyric FB account is super responsive! They told me that in ORCHLRow M, seat 33 is the aisle seat, and that the dress circle curves around and basically stops its overhang on the edges at Row M (so my seat 31 is under it, but 29 is not), but said that the view is not impeded in any way.

If anyone else has questions, I would try sending them a FB message - probably much easier for them than everyone calling the Box Office!
"

Thank you for reporting back! That's super helpful to know! I was looking at seats on an earlier date further back in the dress circle and also all the way to the side for the same price as my row N seats, and was just curious how far it came over the orchestra if I should've gotten those instead. Obviously doesn't matter at this point, haha, but I like to set my expectations if my view will be impeded.

Nycat63
#239Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 2:36pm

susirene said: "susirene said: "Rakstovall said: "I got ORCHR row N, seats 34-36. I know that's the row behind you and the other side of the theater, so it could be completely different, but based on our numbers it would seem to me there is likely seat 33 and 35 on your side, at least in row N. But what do I know?

"

"

Update: The Lyric FB account is super responsive! They told me that in ORCHLRow M, seat 33 is the aisle seat, and that the dress circle curves around and basically stops its overhang on the edges at Row M (so my seat 31 is under it, but 29 is not), but said that the view is not impeded in any way.

"

This is super helpful.  I bought two sets of tickets for two different dates in June and figured I'd wait until March to hear people's opinions, but I'm open to suggestions now - would you rather sit in Orch Row M 22 and 24 (I'm assuming seat 32 or 34 is the far aisle, so these aren't terrible but not great given that they were premium - I've also noticed that seat 26 is $100 less so we are literally the end of premium on the side) OR Dress Circle Row C, pretty much dead center.  

I should note my daughter (16) is somewhat sensitive to any height/pitch, though typically the first couple rows of a mezzanine are ok as long as there is a balcony (as there is at the Lyric).  We are also short, and I have less than great vision, so I don't want to be far.  If the dress circle curves to Row M, I imagine the center of the dress circle overhangs at more like T?

Rakstovall
#240Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 2:42pm

Nycat63 said: "This is super helpful. I bought two sets of tickets for two different dates in June and figured I'd wait until March to hear people's opinions, but I'm open to suggestions now - would you rather sit in Orch Row M 22 and 24 (I'm assuming seat 32 or 34 is the far aisle, so these aren't terrible but not great given that they were premium - I've also noticed that seat 26 is $100 less so we are literally the end of premium on the side) OR Dress Circle Row C, pretty much dead center.

I should note my daughter (16) is somewhat sensitive to any height/pitch, though typically the first couple rows of a mezzanine are ok as long as there is a balcony (as there is at the Lyric). We are also short, and I have less than great vision, so I don't want to be far. If the dress circle curves to Row M, I imagine the center of the dress circle overhangs at more like T?
"

That's a tough call. I'd bet your assumptions are correct that the dress circle center C would overhang at roughly rows U or V of orchestra. But there's something to be said for center seats vs side seats. If you can wait until performances start I would wait to hear reports of what the side views are like. I am also curious as my seats are row N 34-36 so we will be as far side as you can get. 

amaklo
#241Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 2:44pm

When I got on the site at noon, I was about #45,000 in line (!), but got in after waiting only half an hour. I ended up with 2 ORCHR, Row M premium seats in October.  I was offered seats in Dress Circle C and E, but for that price I wanted Orchestra, and not too far back. It seems I got in just in time, as most dates are sold out now.

susirene
#242Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 2:50pm

Rakstovall said: "Nycat63 said: "This is super helpful. I bought two sets of tickets for two different dates in June and figured I'd wait until March to hear people's opinions, but I'm open to suggestions now - would you rather sit in Orch Row M 22 and 24 (I'm assuming seat 32 or 34 is the far aisle, so these aren't terrible but not great given that they were premium - I've also noticed that seat 26 is $100 less so we are literally the end of premium on the side) OR Dress Circle Row C, pretty much dead center.

I should note my daughter (16) is somewhat sensitive to any height/pitch, though typically the first couple rows of a mezzanine are ok as long as there is a balcony (as there is at the Lyric). We are also short, and I have less than great vision, so I don't want to be far. If the dress circle curves to Row M, I imagine the center of the dress circle overhangs at more like T?
"

That's a tough call. I'd bet your assumptions are correct that the dress circle center C would overhang at roughly rows U or V of orchestra. But there's something to be said for center seats vs side seats. If you can wait until performances start I would wait to hear reports of what the side views are like. I am also curious as my seats are row N 34-36 so we will be as far side as you can get.
"

Remember that there is no longer a center orchestra - just right and left.  So if Row M is 66 seats total, plus 4ish seats for the aisle, seat 24 is 1-2/3 of the way from center... 

Having seen the show in London, I don’t think there is a huge disadvantage to being R or L of center (almost all the action was very center or just slightly L or R of center), and I would go for the closer seats.

amaklo
#243Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 2:55pm

NYcat63:  Here are pix of the Lyric close to your choice of seats.  I know the theater is being renovated for HP, but these might give you an idea of the stage views.

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/68170/Lyric+Theatre/section-Orch+R/row-M/seat-22/

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/68177/Lyric+Theatre/section-Dress+Circle+C/row-F/seat-110/

Nycat63
#244Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 2:56pm

Rakstovall said: "Nycat63 said: "This is super helpful. I bought two sets of tickets for two different dates in June and figured I'd wait until March to hear people's opinions, but I'm open to suggestions now - would you rather sit in Orch Row M 22 and 24 (I'm assuming seat 32 or 34 is the far aisle, so these aren't terrible but not great given that they were premium - I've also noticed that seat 26 is $100 less so we are literally the end of premium on the side) OR Dress Circle Row C, pretty much dead center.

"

"

Yeah, I'm struggling with this one (I'm thrilled to have this problem, though, as until today I had nada and barely any hope). I definitely will be curious to see images or at least get reports once it starts previews, since I can return the tickets I don't want up to 2 weeks before.  I also plan to keep checking TM from time to time - I'll bet a lot of people will have buyer's remorse.  Hopefully they won't put them on StubHub to make a profit since they can get a full refund through TM and let non-millionaires take a shot at them.

barcelona20
#245Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 2:57pm

I'm curious, I'm not planning on selling my tickets, but it says I can only access them 2 days before the show. Is it like that for everyone else?

Nycat63
#246Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 3:03pm

amaklo said: "NYcat63: Here are pix of the Lyric close to your choice of seats. I know the theater is being renovated for HP, but these might give you an idea of the stage views.

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/68170/Lyric+Theatre/section-Orch+R/row-M/seat-22/

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/68177/Lyric+Theatre/section-Dress+Circle+C/row-F/seat-110/

Dress circle doesn't look that far in the picture, but for some reason I've noticed that in real life, it often seems farther away when I'm really there!  Given my less than stellar eyesight, I think I may opt for the advice of the person above who saw it in London and said go with the closer seats even if they are a bit off to the side.  I'd still get the big visuals in Dress Circle, but I definitely won't see much detail, facial expressions and will probably have some major eye strain if it doesn't overhang at Row H like some mezzanines in other theaters.  The mezzanine in our theater here that gets the Broadway touring shows overhangs at Row T-ish and even when I'm in the first row I feel a mile away from the stage.
"

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#247Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 3:15pm

I don't know if anyone mentioned it but when the system gives you your tickets, there's a drop-down on the right side that says "View Seat Location" and it will give you a map and marker of where your seat is.

I only found this in the pre-purchase and now sure about after you purchase.

LJD123
#248Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 3:15pm

Same happened to me!  Got 4 w presale yesterday and wanted to take grandparents and had 4 tix today, wouldn't let me buy them, said it would put me over my tix limit.  Must be 6 for entire run???

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#249Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/8/18 at 3:32pm

barcelona20 said: "I'm curious, I'm not planning on selling my tickets, but it says I can only access them 2 days before the show. Is it like that for everyone else?"

You can transfer your tickets at anytime, you just can't view them on your phone as a mobile ticket until 2 days prior. 

Videos