pixeltracker

MERRILY will transfer next fall- Page 10

MERRILY will transfer next fall

bear88
#225MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 5:48pm

I am sure more tickets will be purchased when sales are open to the general public tomorrow, but Merrily is more niche Sondheim. I don’t know exactly how it will sell. There are stars in the cast, but except for Daniel Radcliffe, not stars who the general public knows that well. Jonathan Groff has been in movies and on TV, but I’m not sure how that translates. (It was easy to sign up to buy tickets, but that doesn’t mean everyone did that.) It seems like the cheapest and most expensive tickets were prioritized by buyers today, especially for the first month.

The Into The Woods tour has a somewhat similar dynamic, except people aren’t rushing to buy the cheap seats. The expensive seats went fast, though, and prices for those seats have skyrocketed. In San Francisco, where the tour is stopping for a week, producers even added a ‘Premium Plus’ category for $299. Those people will be sitting next to me, and I bought orchestra tickets for $161 before general public sales started. At the same time, there are plenty of unsold mezzanine and balcony seats along with a few in the orchestra.

The Hudson is a small theater, and I’m sure the show will do well in its limited run. But I suspect, or perhaps just hope, that there will be decent seats available later.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#226MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 6:13pm

Wow am glad I got to see this in Boston back in 2017 and NYTW a few months ago. For Boston I paid $25 and for NYTW it was $145. For this stint on Broadway $145 can only get you a balcony seat.

I’m hoping there will be a rush option as I’d participate in that.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#227MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 6:23pm

Well, dynamic pricing is dynamic in all directions! Prices are back down. 

It's still heinous to think of these numbers as the "cheap" seats, but there are now some $69 and plenty of $110 balcony seats available. 

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#228MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 6:32pm

I checked out A View from My seat for the dress circle seats at the Hudson. Anyone sat there before? Preferably a few rows back from the front. I’ve only sat in the orchestra before. Is the legroom decent in the dress circle? 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

JasonC3
#229MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 6:34pm

I've sat in G108 which is one of those centered seats with a column between them.  As a result, lots of legroom and a nice clear view of the entire stage. If I remember right there are two rows like this.

gibsons2
#230MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 7:04pm

Dylan Smith4 said: "I checked out A View from My seat for the dress circle seats at the Hudson. Anyone sat there before? Preferably a few rows back from the front. I’ve only sat in the orchestra before. Is the legroom decent in the dress circle?"

I've sat in row F on the aisle which was very comfortable since I could stretch my legs. Recently I sat in the mid dress circle row D. A little less leg room, of course, but the seat is nevertheless comfy. If you're tall, an aisle seat is the way to go. I've also grabbed a ticket for Merrily in the row H on the aisle,  the view is still good even from the back

Updated On: 3/23/23 at 07:04 PM

Dylan Smith4
#231MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 7:16pm

There were no aisle seats available within my price range in the Dress Circle, and the Balcony is a bit too high, in my opinion. I am tall, so I'm just gonna have to wing it, I guess. It can't be as bad as the Lyceum is. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

gibsons2
#232MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 7:22pm

Dylan Smith4 said: "There were no aisle seats available within my price range in the Dress Circle, and the Balcony is a bit too high, in my opinion. I am tall, so I'm just gonna have to wing it, I guess. It can't be as bad as the Lyceum is."

Good thing about Hudson Theatre seats is that they are roomier comparing to some others, so you can manspread a little :) I remember my knee caps were never pushing the seat in front, I'm a 5'7 tall female for the reference 

inception Profile Photo
inception
#233MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 7:54pm

Wow talk about dynamic pricing! The whole section where I bought a seat this morning has jumped up $35 more this afternoon for the same day.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#234MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 7:59pm

WHOA. I just went back in to look and the $169 tix I bought are now $242. 

ashley0139
#235MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 10:03pm

Got 2 aisle dress circle seats today for $154 each. I was on the moment they went on sale for NYTW and still was not able to get them, so I am so excited for this.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#236MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/24/23 at 11:09am

As expected, they've released more seats, on both the Hudson website and on TodayTix. Appears to be the same inventory.

Updated On: 3/24/23 at 11:09 AM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#237MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/24/23 at 11:17am

Wow premium orchestra I can see for $539 (not a package seat or whatever it is in this instance). So funny that one of Sondheim’s biggest flops may now be his most profitable revival ever. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

hearthemsing22
#238MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/24/23 at 11:47am

binau said: "Wow premium orchestra I can see for $539 (not a package seat or whatever it is in this instance). So funny that one of Sondheim’s biggest flops may now be his most profitable revival ever."

I was just thinking maybe yesterday about how it wasn't a popular show until the NYTW production, and now it's selling out in it's Broadway revival. Incredible. I'm sure he's smiling down on that cast 

JSquared2
#239MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/24/23 at 11:50am

hearthemsing22 said: "binau said: "Wow premium orchestra I can see for $539 (not a package seat or whatever it is in this instance). So funny that one of Sondheim’s biggest flops may now be his most profitable revival ever."

I was just thinking maybe yesterday about how it wasn't a popular show until the NYTW production, and now it's selling out in it's Broadway revival. Incredible. I'm sure he's smiling down on that cast
"

Selling well? Yes.  But FAR from selling out -- there are still plenty of seats available.

hearthemsing22
#240MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/24/23 at 11:58am

ashley0139 said: "Got 2 aisle dress circle seats today for $154 each. I was on the moment they went on sale for NYTW and still was not able to get them, so I am so excited for this."

I'm so glad you were able to get them!!! 

Also-is anyone attending first preview? **I am not, just curious 

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#241MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/24/23 at 11:58am

Not sure if it's been pointed out before, but their marketing campaign is very reminiscent of "Significant Other," especially with Lindsay Mendez in both shows.

https://merrilyonbroadway.com/_img/photos5.webp

MERRILY will transfer next fall!

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

binau Profile Photo
binau
#242MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/24/23 at 12:09pm

I’m quite sure the show will sell out every performance. Even if some of the ridiculous premium tickets end up at TKTS or reduced to normal prices closer to the time.

The show starts in September and probably has a far healthier advance than many shows currently playing on Broadway. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

hearthemsing22
#243MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/24/23 at 12:12pm

binau said: "I’m quite sure the show will sell out every performance. Even if some of the ridiculous premium tickets end up at TKTS or reduced to normal prices closer to the time.

The show starts in September and probably has a far healthier advance than many shows currently playing on Broadway.
"

Just because the tickets went on sale this morning, doesn't mean it won't sell out later today, this weekend, and when the actual box office opens because I know people will want to avoid Hudson/online fees. Just want a few days/week or so. 

Dylan Smith4
#244MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/24/23 at 12:14pm

I'm just happy that we are seeing a surge in Sondheim revivals. Especially for this show, which was originally a flop, now getting the recognition and praise that it deserves! Hopefully, we can continue to keep his work going for many, many years to come!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#245MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/24/23 at 12:14pm

Given the cast, I can see this eventually selling out or mostly selling out.

I liked the cast from west end 2014 and Boston 2017 but had it gone to Broadway after Boston, i highly doubt it would be selling like this!

JasonC3
#246MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/24/23 at 1:12pm

Someone over on ATC says that the Today's Tix for Merrily are less than th same seats on the Hudson site and you can select your seats.  I didn't check whether or not this was true.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#247MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/24/23 at 1:15pm

I just hope Radcliffe has negotiated a sizeable proportion of the box office or something because I think he is the obvious draw. 

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#248MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/24/23 at 2:28pm

I did it. $100 for a mid-balcony seat. I feel insane, but I have a feeling I'll be glad I did this. I'm a student with no idea what my schedule will be in the Fall, so I'm seeing it in previews because the show starts later during previews (it's a better bet that I'll be available for an 8 pm than a 7 pm) and I didn't want to pay weekend prices. 

I agree that they will sell out the whole run, but I think it's unclear how soon. I don't expect to see this on TKTS or ever have to discount, but I also could see a situation where it'll sell out, but won't be too difficult to get tix a few weeks out from the show. 

perfectpenguin
#249MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/24/23 at 2:40pm

JasonC3 said: "Someone over on ATC says that the Today's Tix for Merrily are less than th same seats on the Hudson site and you can select your seats. I didn't check whether or not this was true."

I went through TodayTix and paid $2 more dollars. I was fine paying the few extra dollars since TodayTix took the payment method I wanted to use and ATG didn’t. 

Videos