pixeltracker

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread- Page 101

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#2500Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/5/22 at 6:03pm

from Brenda Braxton's Facebook page:   "First CHICAGO rehearsal today with my Leading Ladies Pamela Anderson and Lana Gordon.
THIS WILL BE EPIC❤️❤️

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2501Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/5/22 at 6:10pm

Getting my tickets at the box office shortly.  Those crazy online service fees.  Yikes.  I’ll just go to the box office before seeing BIRTHDAY CANDLES tonight.  Excited to see Pamela in a few weeks.  Going at the end of the month so she’s had at least 2 weeks under her belt.  

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#2502Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/5/22 at 6:13pm

I have front row for April 28th, and I couldn't be anymore excited right now. Lana is magical 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2503Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/5/22 at 6:33pm

Happy it's Lana. Still no word on who will be Anderson's Billy. Also hoping there's some rehearsal clips released.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#2505Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/6/22 at 11:23am

April 26th can't get here fast enough! I was hoping it would be Lana joining Brenda and Pam, and now I'm really excited for Ryan Silverman, who I didn't get to catch his previous time(s) in the show.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

White_Lotus Profile Photo
White_Lotus
#2506Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/6/22 at 11:24am

i hope pam 'razzle dazzles' us - i certainly am rooting for her.

i am also excited to see miss brenda braxton - i am a fan from 'way back'. 

i purchased my tickets @ the ambassador box office.

i wanted to avoid those exorbitant online service fees as well. 

"Opinions are very interesting because we all have different ones. You are entitled to your opinion, but that does not mean you should always give it to others, especially when your opinion is not necessarily grounded in truth, but in what you believe or want to believe."

JasonC3
#2507Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/6/22 at 11:41am

Ryan Silverman is dreamy.  Loved him in CSC's Passion.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2508Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/6/22 at 11:54am

I love Lana's Velma. I'll wait to hear reports about Anderson before looking to go, but I might get to squeeze this in late April.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BrodyFosse123
#2509Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/6/22 at 12:13pm

A little advice on getting box office tickets for this or any other show - do your searching on Tele-Charge first.  Saves you tons of time and when you get to the box office you just tell them the date and location and seat number. They’ll love you for this.  Just be sure to look again prior to heading to the theatre box office just to make sure those seats you are interested in are still available.  

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2510Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/10/22 at 2:57pm

https://youtu.be/XEouiCkifr0  Here is an example of Ryan Silverman's impressive vocal talents.  He sings "If I Can't Love Her" from "Beauty and the Beast".

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 4/10/22 at 02:57 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2511Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/11/22 at 12:27pm

Anyone going tomorrow night?

hayden6
#2512Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/11/22 at 10:16pm

ACL2006 said: "Anyone going tomorrow night?"

I am! I have tickets but I'm rushing as well in case those seats are better (some friends are taking whichever seats I don't want). I am so so so curious and excited!

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2513Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/16/22 at 11:25am

Celina Nightengale is on as Matron Mama Morton for both shows today (2:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.).

Templeton33
#2514Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/19/22 at 1:36am

To anyone who has seen the show recently....

I've watched a couple of curtain call video clips of the show recently... Velma and Roxie don't descend the Velmavator at the end of the show, is this a new change? I know there's no outlet at the Ambassador, like there was at the Shubert, but I'm wondering why this is the new exit for Velma and Roxie? They seem to just walk down the entrance steps, leading up to the top of the Velmavator, instead...  

BrodyFosse123
#2515Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/19/22 at 2:35am

They went down the Velmavator when the revival resumed a few months ago: 

Templeton33
#2516Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/19/22 at 3:09am

No Velmavator exit here....

Updated On: 4/19/22 at 03:09 AM

BrodyFosse123
#2517Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/19/22 at 3:53am

Yes, we are aware Pamela isn’t going down the Velmavator.  You clearly pointed that out also, hence why I posted that video of Ana and Bianca to answer your question if it was an Ambassador Theatre situation.  My posted video clearly answers your inquiry: yes, the Velmavator does exist at the Ambassador Theatre.  Maybe Pamela is scared of it?  Who knows?  It’s not being used at the end of the curtain call during her run.  

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2518Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/19/22 at 10:45pm

It is interesting that some stage dooring is happening.  I thought that was verboten.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#2519Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/19/22 at 11:58pm

Pamela may be a little claustrophobic. The Velmavator is essentially just a cramped box that the leading ladies are stuck inside until the playout ends. 

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#2520Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/20/22 at 6:07am

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "It is interesting that some stage dooring is happening. I thought that was verboten."

There has been light stage dooring at several shows over the past few months. I only know this from seeing it post-performance at the theater, or by walking past others on my way to the train. It’s not the pre-Covid crowds, but definitely has been happening.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2521Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/20/22 at 7:24pm

Terra C (former Velma Kelly) is playing the role of Fraulein Kost (and understudying the role of Fraulein Schneider) in the Goodspeed production of "Cabaret".  

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#2522Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 5/4/22 at 10:07am

Emma Pittman will be making her Broadway debut as Roxie Hart for a strictly limited engagement!

June 6-19 ONLY

Oh look, a bibu!

seaweedjstubbs Profile Photo
seaweedjstubbs
#2523Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 5/4/22 at 10:34am

Was it always the plan to have the winner in the show for only two weeks? If not, that’s absolutely insane. To make that girl go through a grueling audition process, have it filmed for the world to see, have her debut delayed by a pandemic, then only give her TWO WEEKS??!? Ridiculous. I hope it’s only limited because Emma has a bigger role coming up soon. Best of luck to her.

BrodyFosse123
#2524Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 5/4/22 at 11:18am

It’s safe to assume they finally were able to negotiate a suitable replacement for Roxie after Pamela’s enormously successful run and they’re having Emma finally get her due while the new Roxie is rehearsed, etc.  Emma hasn’t had a gig since winning that whatever competition show this thing was so it’s also safe to assume her 2 week run isn’t due to other commitments.  Hahaha.  cheeky

Videos