pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 12

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#275NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/8/13 at 10:38pm

Man, Deb Messing can act rings around McPhee...I know Mr. Tigh-ass Republican isn't trying to imply that Deb Messing was the one referred to when this was posted:

"The show is doomed as long as they’ve got a protagonist who can’t act. I challenge you to watch any of her scenes and tell me whether she’s happy, sad, angry or scared. Yes, she has a pretty face and a pleasant voice but everything else is emotional botox."

Because then he's more of an IDIOT than I gave him credit for.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#276NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/8/13 at 10:45pm

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --

SporkGoddess
#277NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/9/13 at 1:02am

Does anyone know who played Daisy (the dancer who accused Derek of sexual harassment)? She is absolutely gorgeous.

Sorry if it was discussed previously in this thread, I couldn't find it if it was.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

wicked1492 Profile Photo
wicked1492
#278NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/9/13 at 1:07am

If its the redhead who was on the street, Mara Davi, Maggie from the A CHORUS LINE revival. Love her.

"These rabid fans...possess the acting talent to portray the hooker...Linda Eder..." -The New York Times

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#279NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/9/13 at 2:19pm

Gothampc - I agree, don't think Messing add anything to show. I don't like her character and I don't think she is a good fit for this role. She was very good comedic actress in "Will and Grace" but this role is SMASH is not for her IMO.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#280NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/10/13 at 9:51pm

The DP should be fired. He makes everyone look awful. Messing has double chins and jowls, as does Huston. Hilty has age spots and double chins. He does not know how to photograph women.

Messing has resorted to going full on Grace. She lost her edge from last season and is just playing it safe. She's Grace.

I don't understand Wesley Taylor's character at all. In the rehearsal studio he's Ivy's shadow and confidante, giving Karen the stink eye. Then he's always shown in Karen's living room with her and going out with her. Hello?

The writing is horrendous. Why add new characters when you cant properly address the old ones.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

mdundaswood
#281NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/11/13 at 5:10pm

"Dramaturgy" goes prime time in upcoming Smash episode?

http://simply-showbiz.com/blog/archives/43458

beautywickedlover
#282NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/11/13 at 8:30pm

TV by The Numbers does not think the show will be renewed for a second season. As I mentioned earlier, just in case, this does happen I hope they make sure to give some closure in this season's final episode.

Bubble Watch: 'Community,' 'Smash,' and 'Touch' Return + 'Mindy Project' Upgraded

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#283NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/11/13 at 8:35pm

And we're trusting that site?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#284NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/11/13 at 11:06pm

Smash is a very expensive show to produce and probably needs good ratings to justify the cost.

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#285NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/11/13 at 11:20pm

I think it is still too early to tell. If SMASH can rise to 1.8+ in ratings in its coming weeks then I think the show will get a third season. If it drops then we should be worried.

Other than The Voice and Community, NBC has no other "signature" show that defines the network. With The Office and 30 Rock both ending this year, and Deception and Do No Harm both failing, I think SMASH has a chance of getting a third season should their ratings improve in the coming weeks.

beensince1987 Profile Photo
beensince1987
#286NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/11/13 at 11:57pm

kyl3fong2, how was last year? Did ratings improve after series premiere? (sorry I wan't following the ratings last year)

Updated On: 2/11/13 at 11:57 PM

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#287NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/12/13 at 10:17am

It dipped after the Super Bowl inflated premiere, but it would vary from going up or down in the 2.0 range from what I recall, and a 2.0+ rating is good for NBC.

beensince1987 Profile Photo
beensince1987
#288NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/12/13 at 12:50pm

So it's almost 50% decline from a year ago. I forgot premiere followed Super Bowl last year, maybe cause I watched it online before that...

I don't see the light at the end of this tunnel. Oh well.

itsahopi
#289NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/12/13 at 1:19pm

didn't the premiere follow The Voice on the Monday after the Super Bowl? I thought that was their big tag line, "The Monday After the Super Bowl."

The Pud
#290NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/12/13 at 2:04pm

New clip for Smash, looks great!

https://plus.google.com/110077547675146131993/posts/dEhV65LfZ8i#110077547675146131993/posts/dEhV65LfZ8i
Updated On: 2/12/13 at 02:04 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#291NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/12/13 at 2:23pm

Smash will survive.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#292NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/12/13 at 2:43pm

If if we don't get a third season, we'll get all of 2.

OperaBwayLover Profile Photo
OperaBwayLover
#293NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/12/13 at 3:53pm

I have to wonder, based on the release of the Bombshell CD: will there be a similar release for the competing show, Hit List? If nothing else, they could do a mini-disc, like Glee does for special episodes (the Rocky Horror, Grease, and Madonna episodes all got their own albums).

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#294NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/12/13 at 4:03pm

I hear it's a Smash!

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#295NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/12/13 at 4:14pm

So happy for a good friend of mine, he got called to be in an episode. He is taping today! Go Paul!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

luvbrdway
#296NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/12/13 at 9:56pm

Just finished watching "Bunheads". Holy cow-the blonde girl is a dead ringer for Megan Hilty.

Scarves are gone, Leo is gone, Ellis is gone. I am happy.

Megan Hilty-could listen to her every day for breakfast.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#297NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/12/13 at 10:34pm

I have had "Moving the Line" and "Hang the Moon" on repeat, for days....

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#298NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/13/13 at 5:11pm

I just thought of something, with Tom taking over as director when it goes to Broadway, would all the staging have to be changed with Derek leaving the show?

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#299NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/13/13 at 5:22pm

Unless they were to credit Derek for his work, which I believe they do... they credit him for Choreography according to the spoiler image.

Videos