pixeltracker

Great Comet Seating Thread- Page 12

Great Comet Seating Thread

Mlee3
#275Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/1/17 at 7:05pm

I have the opportunity to sit Row B center Orchestra and row b center front mezzanine for a showing of The Great Comet and was just wondering what the best view would be?

Woland
#276Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/2/17 at 11:47pm

Mlee3 said: "I have the opportunity to sit Row B center Orchestra and row b center front mezzanine for a showing of The Great Comet and was just wondering what the best view would be?"

I would definitely sit in Row B of the mezzanine over Row B of the Orchestra. Row B of the Orchestra is too far forward for this show, since so much of the action will happen behind you. I actually sat in Row B of the mezzanine a few weeks ago and it was great. 

If you already selected the Orchestra seats, don't worry, you'll still love it. Just be prepared to turn around a bunch to see what's going on in the rest of the theater!

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#277Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/3/17 at 12:08pm

I sat at Table S in the Right tavern and had an AMAZING time. The one thing you miss is the piano blocks Pierre's study, so when he is sitting down and not really doing anything (watching the action/playing accordian) he's not really visable. But I didn't miss any of the action otherwise, was in a great position for turning around, and had an amazing 360 degree view of the stage.No letter, but I got pulled up to be Mary's suitor in the Bolkonsky scene so...fair trade!

tchabt
#278Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/4/17 at 11:26am

Can anyone who has sat in the banquet seating comment on the sound quality at these seats. I would think that the sound system would be directed out toward the main theater so I am a little concerned regarding this. Appreciate any feedback on this.

Updated On: 6/4/17 at 11:26 AM

eugenia2
#279Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/4/17 at 1:01pm

tchabt said: "Can anyone who has sat in the banquet seating comment on the sound quality at these seats." 

Sound is not an issue from the banquettes or anywhere. It is better than many shows I've been to.

https://meyersound.com/news/all-the-house-is-a-stage/

Big Apple2 Profile Photo
Big Apple2
#280Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/5/17 at 1:50am

tchabt said: "Can anyone who has sat in the banquet seating comment on the sound quality at these seats. I would think that the sound system would be directed out toward the main theater so I am a little concerned regarding this. Appreciate any feedback on this."

I sat at BC 23 and did not have any issues with the sound at all. It was loud, clear and just about perfect. 

#281Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/5/17 at 6:39am

I sat in BD23 and there were 2 or 3 moments when the band was louder than I liked, threatening to overpower a lyric. But then my hearing isn't the greatest. That's the only negative I can say.

I was more distracted by having Helene right next to me when Pierre confronts Anatole. She listens with great intensity. Not a complaint!

Really, the sound design of this show is amazingly good.

AlwaysDefyingGravity
#283Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/10/17 at 11:20am

Okay guys, I'm going back for a 3rd time!

This time I got BA seat 8 which is the second from the aisle first row of stage left banquettes. Can anyone tell me about any experiences near there/cast interaction/chances of getting a letter? 

When I sat at table tn last time there was so much interaction and I LOVED it so I'm hoping having a seat first row of banquettes close to the aisle will offer a similar experience. 

araminta18
#284Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/10/17 at 1:10pm

Just bought tickets for BC 10 and 12...good seats?  bad seats?  comments?  I haven't really been following Great Comet, but my friend is coming in to town and she wanted to see it, so I just went online and bought them.  Anything I should know about when sitting there?

Rainah
#285Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/10/17 at 9:08pm

with the advice of people here (As well as FB haha) I purchased BB 15 and 17, on the aisle. Looking forward to having Anatole sit beside me during The Abduction (And, if a friend is to be believed, possibly getting a kiss on the cheek)

bennyb86
#286Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/12/17 at 10:53pm

Greetings.  First post, sorry if this has been answered already.  So i'm going in August and the dates i'm looking at have pretty wide available for the banquettes.  What would be the best to increase my chances of getting a Pierogi and a shaker?  From what I have read either BB or BA on the aisles?  Am I correct?

Big Apple2 Profile Photo
Big Apple2
#287Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/13/17 at 8:43am

bennyb86 said: "Greetings.  First post, sorry if this has been answered already.  So i'm going in August and the dates i'm looking at have pretty wide available for the banquettes.  What would be the best to increase my chances of getting a Pierogi and a shaker?  From what I have read either BB or BA on the aisles?  Am I correct?"

I sat at BC23 and got both. Almost everyone gets the shaker as those are passed in a basket. The dumplings may be a little tougher. Those are passed out at the very beginning of the show. The cast members ask who wants one. You have to be vocal, get their attention and say you want one. 

Updated On: 6/13/17 at 08:43 AM

Big Apple2 Profile Photo
Big Apple2
#288Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/13/17 at 8:44am

BTW, welcome to the Board. 

theamatos1
#289Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/13/17 at 11:02pm

Strange that I am seeing table TK for $179. I have not heard a single person mention TK, so I am worried why it is $220 less than the armchair seats at the same show. Please help.

leighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
#290Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/14/17 at 1:05pm

theamatos1 said: "Strange that I am seeing table TK for $179. I have not heard a single person mention TK, so I am worried why it is $220 less than the armchair seats at the same show. Please help.

"

Sorry this is so late – but I'm looking at table TK for a later date and they cost the normal table price of $279 a pop. I've sat onstage twice and while I haven't been in TK, I've seen it and they looked like rather good seats to me. 

Updated On: 6/14/17 at 01:05 PM

Malka2 Profile Photo
Malka2
#291Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/14/17 at 2:55pm

Phantom4ever said: "Any suggestions for a seat for someone who is very VERY wary and anxious about actor-audience interaction? Where is the best place to sit to guarantee that no one will touch me, dance right in front to me, talk to me, attempt to make me part of the show in any way shape or form? Sorry we all have our quirks :)

"

Came here to ask pretty much this exact question, glad I'm not the only one :)

leighmiserables
#292Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/14/17 at 3:01pm

Malka2 said: "Phantom4ever said: "Any suggestions for a seat for someone who is very VERY wary and anxious about actor-audience interaction?  Where is the best place to sit to guarantee that no one will touch me, dance right in front to me, talk to me, attempt to make me part of the show in any way shape or form?   Sorry we all have our quirks :)

"

Came here to ask pretty much this exact question, glad I'm not the only one :)

"

Anywhere in the middle of a row that doesn't have a platform in front of it/behind it. For the best view, I'd probably say the middle of the Front Mezzanine, Row B, or somewhere in the middle of the Orchestra. Just make sure you're not on the end of a row or near a platform or runway, and you should be fine. 

Also, the only people "forced" to be a part of the show are the people with onstage seating, and one would assume that if you bought tix on stage, you should know what you're signing up for. Otherwise, the most interaction you really get is a pierogi thrown at you. 

Updated On: 6/14/17 at 03:01 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#293Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/14/17 at 3:04pm

Leigh is correct....go to the middle of any row, avoid being the row right AT the staging areas.  

To let you know, unlike some shows, if they notice you averting eye contact, they seem very respectful of that, so try not to worry too very much.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

reginula Profile Photo
reginula
#294Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/14/17 at 3:37pm

I do have a related question! Again, my seat is right in front of the rear mezz runway, which I guess guarantees a lot of interactions. I'm very excited about that, but my mom isn't very excited about interactions. Without giving much away, is getting a pierogi thrown at you as far as it goes up there? She's afraid someone will say something to her and not understanding because her English isn't very good. 

leighmiserables
#295Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/14/17 at 3:41pm

reginula said: "I do have a related question! Again, my seat is right in front of the rear mezz runway, which I guess guarantees a lot of interactions. I'm very excited about that, but my mom isn't very excited about interactions. Without giving much away, is getting a pierogi thrown at you as far as it goes up there? She's afraid someone will say something to her and not understanding because her English isn't very good. 

"

I've never sat up that high, but I'm fairly certain anywhere there's a platform, people with pierogis appear at the top of the show. Even so, I really wouldn't be concerned. As dramamama and others have mentioned, the cast is quite good about knowing when someone isn't into interaction and won't press it. 

reginula Profile Photo
reginula
#296Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/14/17 at 3:45pm

Awesome! Thank you, leighmiserables.

Updated On: 6/14/17 at 03:45 PM

MizzieKarimnoodlePhan
#297Pierogi's and letters?
Posted: 6/14/17 at 4:45pm

Hi all! I know I already posted but I have a quick question. I have seats 1 and 2(the front ones) at onstage table TR. Is there a good chance I'll get a letter and pierogi? Thanks! Also, I'd love to hear about any experiences people have had with this table, and what kind of interactions you get(I don't care about "spoilers."Pierogi's and letters? Also, I know this is unrelated to this thread, but I thought I'd ask it anyways. I'd like to give a letter to Dave when I stage door, but I am not going to one of his performances. Should I have a cast member give it to him or ask the stage door guard? Since I'm physically going to the theater(next week! Eek!) I really don't want to pay for postage to send it. 

Updated On: 6/14/17 at 04:45 PM

leighmiserables
#298Pierogi's and letters?
Posted: 6/14/17 at 5:02pm

Updated On: 6/14/17 at 05:02 PM

MizzieKarimnoodlePhan
#299Pierogi's and letters?
Posted: 6/14/17 at 5:12pm

I'm so sorry but your message is blank. I think it's something to do with spoilers? Can anyone tell me how to view the message? I'm new to this and can't for the life of me find the settings or anything.

leighmiserables
#300Pierogi's and letters?
Posted: 6/14/17 at 5:19pm

MizzieKarimnoodlePhan said: "I'm so sorry but your message is blank. I think it's something to do with spoilers? Can anyone tell me how to view the message? I'm new to this and can't for the life of me find the settings or anything.

"

No, you're fine! Somehow my message...disappeared? Weird. Well, I'll rewrite it.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

I sat at the table next to TR, so I assume most of the interaction would be the same for you. Here's just some random stuff I remember: 

1.) Lucas Steele comes out and gives you pierogi during the preshow, and gives the little spiel about how you're seated in a high traffic area. 

2.) You generally just make mountains of eye-contact with performers, and lines are often directed towards you during solo songs (like in Dust and Ashes and No One Else). 

3.) During Natasha and the Bolkonskys, Natasha and Mary sit between tables TR and TQ and sing some of their number there. Be attentive when this happens: they'll probably ask you to scoot over!

4.) During Letters, you'll either get a note from Hélène, Sonya, or Josh Canfield (or, if he's out, a swing). There's a stool next to TR that they all sit at during that number. I got one from Sonya. 

5.) During the rave bit in The Duel, two ensemble members did "cocaine" at my table. 

6.) You get an egg shaker during Balaga, and the actor playing Balaga gave me a high five. 

7.) From Pierre and Anatole on, Hélène sits at the aforementioned stool and just sobs until the end of the show. It's insane. Amber Gray is insane. Life is wild. 

8.) Nick Choksi has a habit of remembering onstage audience members, so if you stage door he'll probably make a comment if he recognizes you. 

Videos