pixeltracker

MERRILY will transfer next fall- Page 12

MERRILY will transfer next fall

bear88
#275MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 6/24/23 at 1:07pm

Yeah, I’m not going to wait on ticket purchases.

If anyone has any insight on the identically priced ticket locations I listed above (side orchestra in Row P, middle Dress Circle in Row D, side Dress Circle in Row C), I will take any suggestions. If they’re all fine, then it’s just personal preference. 

If there’s nothing all that unusual about how the show was staged last year, this may be more of a question about the Hudson. (I have never attended a show there.) The safest choice is probably fourth row center Dress Circle, but I could be closer, either in side orchestra (Row P or O) or in the third row of Dress Circle. I wouldn’t mind being closer, just want to avoid partial views.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#276MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 6/24/23 at 8:19pm

Robbie2 said: "Yes, it's selling very well with the seats released. Just wait for more as they haven't released the remaining seats in all sections."

See...as I said back in March and bunch of seats just were released this week and now we purchased!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

bear88
#277MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 6/24/23 at 8:53pm

While I debate seat location, one other query: Any reason to think the main stars will skip Wednesday matinees? (I realize anyone can miss a show for any number of reasons. There’s just a notable price difference.)

ETA: Went with Wednesday night, as it gives us more options during the day even though the ticket prices are higher. Fourth row center in the mezzanine, or the fancily-named Dress Circle. Looking forward to seeing it.

Updated On: 6/25/23 at 08:53 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#278MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 6/24/23 at 8:56pm

No...they'd have published that already...they don't want to refund a poopload of money.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Voter
#279MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 6/24/23 at 10:09pm

dramamama611 said: "No...they'd have published that already...they don't want to refund a poopload of money."

where did they publish all the absences?

hearthemsing22
#280MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 6/26/23 at 9:12am

Voter said: "dramamama611 said: "No...they'd have published that already...they don't want to refund a poopload of money."

where did they publish all the absences?
"

If they did, it would be on the ticketing website. It would say "at this performance *x actor* will not be appearing". If not, wait until closer to September. They'll let us know, or we get to be surprised by an amazing understudy! 

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#281MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 7/10/23 at 9:33am

Extended by 3 months!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuhJdahO99a/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#282MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 7/10/23 at 9:44am

Do we know when the extension block of tickets goes on sale? 

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#283MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 7/10/23 at 9:45am

I've heard that they have the cast signed on for up to year, so it'll probably get extendented again. 

yyys
#284MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 7/10/23 at 9:53am

on sale now

steven22 said: "Do we know when the extension block of tickets goes on sale?"

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#285MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 7/10/23 at 9:56am

Dylan Smith4 said: "Extended by 3 months!

"

The math is not mathing. It's literally a two month extension.

I can't imagine, short of actor conflict or sudden disinterest in the show, they will close just before Tonys season heats up, making another extension likely. But stranger things have happened...

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#286MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 7/10/23 at 9:56am

yyys said: "on sale now

steven22 said: "Do we know when the extension block of tickets goes on sale?"

"

On the official website and then linking to ATG, it doesn’t go past January. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#287MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 7/10/23 at 9:59am

10 a.m.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#288MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 7/10/23 at 10:30am

TaffyDavenport said: "10 a.m."

Thanks. Got in! 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#289MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 7/10/23 at 10:52am

quizking101 said: "Dylan Smith4 said: "Extended by 3 months!

"

The math is not mathing. It's literally a two month extension.
"

The headlines has been fixed...2 months.

Yes, if interest stays high, it will extend again for Tony consideration, I suspect.

I could see this NOT keeping interest high...its not exactly the kind of thing Fandom will likely see multiple times...in fact I can see many claiming its a terrible show.

I have tix for Oct, but hopefully will grab tix for the further extension if it comes to pass. (And, that i like it as much as I suspect I will!)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#290MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 7/10/23 at 11:22am

These prices are offensive. Most dates it's $200 plus fees to sit in the orchestra or dress? They're really riding a lot on Radcliffe and Sondheim nostalgia.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#291MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 7/10/23 at 11:42am

I could see this NOT keeping interest high...its not exactly the kind of thing Fandom will likely see multiple times...in fact I can see many claiming its a terrible show.

People are just excited for the excellent cast, they could recite the dictionary in front of an audience and people would attend. People are paying $400+ to sit in the same room as celebrities and they're good with that. But, it's not a good show in any capacity and there was a reason it closed after 16 performances. 

yyys
#292MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 7/10/23 at 11:46am

+Groff 

everythingtaboo said: "These prices are offensive. Most dates it's $200 plus fees to sit in the orchestra or dress? They're really riding a lot on Radcliffe and Sondheim nostalgia."

bear88
#293MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 7/10/23 at 11:52am

I have October tickets too, but I assume this extension will soften demand this fall a fair amount. Ticket prices for the extension are a bit cheaper - with a lot more availability - for the two-month extension. Unless you’re only going to be in New York City in, say, early December, why buy tickets then if you can get less expensive seats and more selection in March? Dynamic pricing works both ways.

Merrily has had the revival market to itself, with the hook that the show might close in January, which has allowed ATG to charge very high prices. I just have my doubts that Merrily can continue to charge premium prices when its run is starting to approach the length of the Sweeney Todd revival, which is a much more famous Sondheim musical with more star power for non-Broadway folks.

I assume the revival can still make plenty of money even if prices drop a fair amount. But a dead-of-winter extension makes the most sense if the producers believe they can keep the revival going through the Tony Awards - which would dramatically increase the show’s chances of winning awards. It’s a long season, though.

It would be quite something if Merrily turns out to be the biggest critical and financial success of the recent Sondheim revivals. But that seems to be the hope.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#294MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 7/10/23 at 11:57am

yyys said: "+Groff

everythingtaboo said: "These prices are offensive. Most dates it's $200 plus fees to sit in the orchestra or dress? They're really riding a lot on Radcliffe and Sondheim nostalgia."

"

+ a small theatre + a "limited run" (although proving to not be so limited) + stellar word-of-mouth. 

Jarethan
#295MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 7/10/23 at 12:02pm

You didn't look closely enough.  For any performance days I tried, the CHEAPEST orchestra seats were $200.  I would venture that 3/4 of the orchestra seats are currently over $300.  The prices are obscene, but I imagine that if it stays to 5 months and sells out, it would only make a modest profit.  

I could not bring myself to spend that much money, so I got 4 tickets in the second balcony.  Is's a small theatre so I am hoping they will be okay, if not exactly great.  I have sat a lot further from the stage for some of my favorite productions.  For example, I saw the original Hello Dolly run 6 times (I remember who I saw and did not see anyone twice), and never got out of the second balcony.  The first time I saw it, I was in the last row of the second balcony, and absolutely loved it.  And that second balcony sucks.  So I am assuming we will be fine.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#296MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 7/10/23 at 12:07pm

As of right now, MERRILY is the only confirmed revival of a musical until THE WIZ rolls around in the Spring. Everything else being speculated (The Who's Tommy, Pal Joey, Secret Garden, Guys & Dolls UK) is all hearsay at this point.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm
Updated On: 7/10/23 at 12:07 PM

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#297MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 7/10/23 at 12:59pm

Jarethan said: "everythingtaboo said: "These prices are offensive. Most dates it's $200 plus fees to sit in the orchestra or dress? They're really riding a lot on Radcliffe and Sondheim nostalgia."

You didn't look closely enough. For any performance days I tried, the CHEAPEST orchestra seats were $200. I would venture that 3/4 of the orchestra seats are currently over $300. The prices are obscene, but I imagine that if it stays to 5 months and sells out, it would only make a modest profit.
"

I should've made more clear that it's starting at, most got the gist lol.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

hearthemsing22
#298MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 7/10/23 at 1:13pm

I'm always so curious- you're saying $200-$300 is "offensive". What prices would you expect for a limited run, big names, etc? 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#299MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 7/10/23 at 1:14pm

quizking101 said: "As of right now, MERRILY is the onlyconfirmedrevival of a musical until THE WIZ rolls around in the Spring. Everything else being speculated (The Who's Tommy, Pal Joey, Secret Garden, Guys & Dolls UK) is all hearsay at this point."

GUTENBERG will almost surely count as a revival (since it's been licensed and has a cast recording, unlike Harmony) –– unless this is a massive rewrite.

Videos