pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 129

Hamilton Cancellation Line

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3200Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 6:54am

aaaaaa15 said: "My personal opinion is that even if this line dwindles from a 4-night wait to a 1-night wait, that's still too much hassle for the theatre to be dealing with. The issue at this point is not how long people are waiting but that the line has to be moved at certain times and when they come back there are disputes as to who should be given first priority. These issues wont go away unless the line went down to a wait of a few hours which doesn't seem like it will be happening anytime soon. "

I think that issue mainly happens on days with 2 shows (normally an issue for the evening show since theater doesn't want to see the line while matinee performance is going on.)

i am planning to do the cancellation line later this month and can only do saturday but am hoping for Saturday matinee to avoid the drama that usually happens at evening show of a 2-show day.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3201Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 6:57am

Huss417 said: "
I was there tonight and Diggs was out but Jackson was in. I finally won the lottery. :)"

thats awesome!!! Was it packed or sold out or did you see empty seats that *could* have gone to cancellation line?

seriously that's awesome you won! Congrats!

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#3202Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 7:39am

I have done the online lottery for every performance since they started doing it online. I will say the confirm that I won came exactly at 4:00PM.  I took my name off the email.

Congratulations! You have been selected as a winner of the Official Digital Lottery.

Here are the details:

HAMILTON
July 6, 2016 8:00 pm
2 ticket(s) at $10 per ticket
Balance due: $20.00

Here’s what happens next:

You have 60 minutes to pay for your tickets online. Major credit cards are accepted. If you do not pay for your tickets within 60 minutes, they will be released.

Click below to pay for your tickets.

Once you pay you get the confirm below.

Thank you for your payment – you are confirmed as follows:

HAMILTON at July 6, 2016 8:00 pm: 2 ticket(s) at $10 for a total of $20.00

You may pick up your tickets at the Richard Rodgers Theatre Box Office (226 West 46th Street) beginning no sooner than 30 minutes prior to show time. Remember, a photo ID matching the name on the lottery entry MUST be presented at will call in order to pick up your tickets. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.

Getting excited? Learn more about HAMILTON.

See you on Broadway!

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.
Updated On: 7/7/16 at 07:39 AM

MISH2 Profile Photo
MISH2
#3203Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 7:39am

Huss417 said:

I was there tonight and Diggs was out but Jackson was in. I finally won the lottery. :)

WOW congratulations!  Gotta ask - what does a "winning" email look like?

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#3204Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 7:41am

MISH2 said: "Huss417 said:

I was there tonight and Diggs was out but Jackson was in. I finally won the lottery. :)

WOW congratulations!  Gotta ask - what does a "winning" email look like?

"

Just posted it same time you were asking MISH. :) We were fortunate to be given dead center in the front row. Right behind the conductor.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#3205Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 8:28am

Congratulations, Huss417!!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#3206Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 9:11am

DottieD'Luscia said: "Congratulations, Huss417!!

"

Thanks Dottie.

The two plusses for me with the extremely long line of people waiting to get in you can avoid. Just went up to the guy at the doors told him we had will call. Went right inside to the window. Guy looked at confirm and credit cards. Said Congratulations. Walked right into the theatre. Next usher said congrats and then a third. Funny a woman in the sound crowd also congratulated us but she said she had to bite the bullet and spend a crazy about to sit in the second row.

The funny story is my mothers last name is Hamilton (who I took last night)  and the people to my right his  last name was Burr. What are the odds of that? :)

Updated On: 7/7/16 at 09:11 AM

MISH2 Profile Photo
MISH2
#3207Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 10:52am

Huss417 said: "DottieD'Luscia said: "Congratulations, Huss417!!

"

Thanks Dottie.

The two plusses for me with the extremely long line of people waiting to get in you can avoid. Just went up to the guy at the doors told him we had will call. Went right inside to the window. Guy looked at confirm and credit cards. Said Congratulations. Walked right into the theatre. Next usher said congrats and then a third. Funny a woman in the sound crowd also congratulated us but she said she had to bite the bullet and spend a crazy about to sit in the second row.

The funny story is my mothers last name is Hamilton (who I took last night)  and the people to my right his  last name was Burr. What are the odds of that? :)

Possibly even greater than the odds of winning the lottery!  In fact, I think you should buy a Powerball ticket and go for the hat trick!

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3208Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 10:53am

MISH2 said: WOW congratulations!  Gotta ask - what does a "winning" email look like?

Like this!  But you pray with your name instead.  This was on Instagram a while back.  A colleague won the On Your Feet and Wicked lottery in the same month that looked like this.  I thought she was on a roll for Hamilton!  Nada yet...

and congrats Huss!Hamilton Cancellation Line

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#3209Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 11:21am

Thanks for the congrats.  And MISH you are the third person to say to buy a lottery ticket. I think I better but a couple. :)

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#3210Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 12:18pm

Great story Huss.  Is it hard to enjoy the show after spending the last day awake on a city street?

Stephanatic

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#3211Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 12:26pm

South Florida said: "Great story Huss.  Is it hard to enjoy the show after spending the last day awake on a city street?

"

I am not one of the street urchins. I won the online lottery. Found out at 4. Was in the car at 4:26 and was in the city at 6;14PM. Quick bite. Box Office 7:30 back home 1 AM. 

Mediamaven2
#3212Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 12:44pm

Ahhhhh thanks for the post of the picture of a winning email. We can look at it, and dreeeeaaaaeammmmm.......

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3213Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 1:28pm

Mediamaven2 said: "Ahhhhh thanks for the post of the picture of a winning email. We can look at it, and dreeeeaaaaeammmmm.......

LOL!  Yes!  My personal post would have been a collage of emails that start with "Hi Vivian-  Unfortunately..." But instead I get an email of my credit card statements with StubHub transactions, LOL!  

I'll be glad to win a scratch off lottery to pay down my tickets quicker!  LOL! 

Updated On: 7/7/16 at 01:28 PM

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#3214Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 2:14pm

I am not one of the street urchins. I won the online lottery. Found out at 4. Was in the car at 4:26 and was in the city at 6;14PM. Quick bite. Box Office 7:30 back home 1 AM.

Understood, that question was for anyone who has done it.  I can't imagine being on the street for a whole day and then enjoying the show as much as I would like.

Stephanatic

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#3215Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 5:39pm

South Florida said: "I am not one of the street urchins. I won the online lottery. Found out at 4. Was in the car at 4:26 and was in the city at 6;14PM. Quick bite. Box Office 7:30 back home 1 AM.

Understood, that question was for anyone who has done it.  I can't imagine being on the street for a whole day and then enjoying the show as much as I would like.

"

They probably get an adrenaline rush. I imagine it's like pure cocaine! 

gatorgirl2
#3216Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 7:40pm

South Florida said: "I am not one of the street urchins. I won the online lottery. Found out at 4. Was in the car at 4:26 and was in the city at 6;14PM. Quick bite. Box Office 7:30 back home 1 AM.

"

I feel like this question is answered every other page of this thread lol.

You definitely get a adrenaline rush. I personally didn't sleep but crashed pretty hard after midnight that night after seeing the show. But I was wide awake for the whole show and I remember a lot of it pretty clearly. It goes by too fast! 

My line buddy had a handful of hours of sleep even if it was on the street. If your body wants to sleep you will manage to get some sleep even if it's on the street. 

Liza's Headband
#3217Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 8:07pm

Are we really comparing the enjoyment of a musical on Broadway with the chemical effects of using pure cocaine? This HAMILTON madness has gotta stop, folks. 

northlandfan
#3218Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 8:28pm

Does anybody know if any of the main actors  was out tonight....

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#3219Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 9:39pm

Liza's Headband said: "Are we really comparing the enjoyment of a musical on Broadway with the chemical effects of using pure cocaine? This HAMILTON madness has gotta stop, folks. 

"

The energy surge is like cocaine, not the show. The show is obviously Molly. 

lafayettelove
#3220Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/8/16 at 2:36am

Hellob said: "Liza's Headband said: "Are we really comparing the enjoyment of a musical on Broadway with the chemical effects of using pure cocaine? This HAMILTON madness has gotta stop, folks. 

"

The energy surge is like cocaine, not the show. The show is obviously Molly. 

"

Its true!!

sydney16
#3221Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/8/16 at 12:14pm

How long is the cancellation line now?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3222Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/8/16 at 12:31pm

https://m.imgur.com/a/iVtib

Hamilton Cancellation Line

Line looks very orderly!!! I passed by 30 minutes ago during my break and people on the line told me a girl from cancellation line got a FREE orchestra ticket to last night's show! Wow! A couple's son couldn't make it and they opted to give the ticket to someone from cancellation line. Wow! I guess anything can happen.

Also, the start of the line is past the Schuyler sisters so fans can now take pix without the cancellation line folks. I'd say there were 30 people in line? I didn't count.

meepsnyc
#3223Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/8/16 at 12:36pm

Wick3 said: "https://m.imgur.com/a/iVtib

Line looks very orderly!!! I passed by 30 minutes ago during my break and people on the line told me a girl from cancellation line got a FREE orchestra ticket to last night's show! Wow! A couple's son couldn't make it and they opted to give the ticket to someone from cancellation line. Wow! I guess anything can happen.

"

That's so great to hear! And how kind of that ticketholder to give away their ticket for free when they easily could have sold it...

When I got in through the cancellation line as someone's +1 post-Tony's, I ended up with a SRO ticket, and at intermission, a kind gentleman came up to me and told me to go take his orchestra seat! I was so touched. Tried to decline but he insisted! Random kindness is out there y'all.

lafayettelove
#3224Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/8/16 at 9:48pm

Lin not doing stage door tomorrow- he doesnt want anyone getting injured (teens smushing each other)

Videos