pixeltracker

"Honeymoon in Vegas" Preview Thread- Page 14

"Honeymoon in Vegas" Preview Thread

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#325Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/4/15 at 10:06pm

Mr. Roxy, Agree both Honeymoon & Last Ship's marketing and advertising have been terrible!

SpotCo. is handling marketing and advertising for Honeymoon and Last Ship...
Serino/Coyne for Bridges...

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#326Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/4/15 at 10:17pm

Spot Co is a textbook example of a company that has no clue in marketing

If Sideshow had a few months and tv ads it might have had a shot. Ditto for Last Ship.

Poster Emeritus

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#327Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/5/15 at 12:18am

Mr. Roxy, Spot Co is a textbook example of a company that has no clue in marketing If Sideshow had a few months and tv ads it might have had a shot.

---
SpotCo did Side Show's terrible advertising and Type A Marketing just as bad in my eyes.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 1/5/15 at 12:18 AM

RW3
#328Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/5/15 at 12:28am

I was in NYC today and walked passed the Nederlander and I swear that I missed the marquee of the show when I walked past it. I had to turn around and walk back just to make sure that Honeymoon was playing at the Nederlander. The marquee is just so bad. I wasn't even that far from the theater and I could barely read what it says.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#329Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/5/15 at 12:40am

Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews

Poor positioning of the marquee off to the side and you really need to look up but that's the fault of the Nederlander Organization when the facade of the theater was redone.

Updated On: 1/5/15 at 12:40 AM

rjm516
#330Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/7/15 at 6:41pm

Anyone know how the rush has been lately? I want to try for Saturday. Any advice would be appreciated. Broadway spotted doesn't have it for the last week.

FloydJoe2 Profile Photo
FloydJoe2
#331Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/7/15 at 9:22pm

I rushed last Saturday afternoon, showed up 15 minutes to curtain for the 2 PM show and got 3 rush tickets, Mezz Row D 1 3 and 5

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#332Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/7/15 at 10:04pm

Sorry Roxy - It's pretty easy to blame the marketing (sure, for plenty of musicals it is). The Last Ship has had mounds of publicity (didn't Sting perform some of it on PBS, had pretty much a full concept album sung by him, etc) - I wouldn't blame it on that.

As I'm out of the NYC metro area now, I'm not too sure about Honeymoon in Vegas. But they do have a "famous" composer (whose fans seem to turn out less than Wildhorn's), great reviews from a recent out of town try-out 20 some miles away, a " 'name' " in Tony Danza, and released the cast recording (at least digitally) before previews. I think the problem here is its a film that no one remembers with a completely mediocre score.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#333Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/8/15 at 10:53am

"But they do have a "famous" composer..."

I do love how someone can become "famous" without ever having a commercially successful piece of work.

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#334Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/8/15 at 10:58am

I get the sense that you actually don't love that.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#335Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/8/15 at 11:18am

But I do! I do.

themysteriousgrowl
#336Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/8/15 at 12:26pm

OKAY!

Hey, isn't this show opening tonight?

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#337Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/8/15 at 12:30pm

Nope. The 15th.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

themysteriousgrowl
#338Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/8/15 at 12:32pm

OH JESUS CHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIST

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#339Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/8/15 at 12:33pm

Their honeymoon better be amazing, because the courtship period sure is a slog.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#340Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/8/15 at 1:09pm

Longer than Nathan and Adelaide's.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#341Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/9/15 at 6:09pm

I sense divorce papers will be issued next Friday as I hear Hunchback wants the Nederlander this summer after the Papermill tryout.

stevie3
#342Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/9/15 at 6:31pm

aint happening, honeymoon AINT over

forgetmenotnyc Profile Photo
forgetmenotnyc
#343Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/9/15 at 7:20pm

I enjoyed this first of 2015. Loved the moving bandstand segments that allowed the drummer upfront before singing began. Sometimes I was really laughing hard - I wish that could have been maintained a bit better. Rob McClure was really the one capturing the zaniness that was making it work best. As soon as Tony Rocky took the stage I became disappointed & realized how much I hate that Vegas cliche. Friki-Friki gal didn't vocally nail her last note - so that kinda bummed me out & made me feel that these casting choices were based on NJ not BWAY production contracts. Danza's character had too many songs even though he was singing better than I expected. Brynn O'Malley was maybe too good-looking/classy for the part?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#344Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/9/15 at 7:46pm

This opens next Friday and I say it'll close by the 18th.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

stevie3
#345Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/9/15 at 11:14pm

Hey Jack, The show doesn't open next FRIDAY, it opens next Thursday & your right it will close on the 18th, The 18th of January 2018. This show is Everything Broadway ever wanted to be. It is KOOOOOOOOL, Can see it over and over again, that's what makes a show a hit

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#346Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/9/15 at 11:22pm

What an ego trip to throw away all that cash just to keep this poor excuse of a musical open.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#347Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/9/15 at 11:27pm

I think it's so hard to pinpoint why something fails.

Bridges had excellent performances and a gorgeous score. The physical production felt cheap. But you'd think the rest of those things would carry the show at least through awards season. Last Ship had a great score and a famous composer. And the physical production was fun to look at. You'd think that'd help. Etc. Who knows.

indytallguy
#348Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/9/15 at 11:29pm

"Hey Jack, The show doesn't open next FRIDAY, it opens next Thursday & your right it will close on the 18th, The 18th of January 2018. This show is Everything Broadway ever wanted to be. It is KOOOOOOOOL, Can see it over and over again, that's what makes a show a hit"

Love when The Onion posts comments in a thread.

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#349Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews
Posted: 1/10/15 at 4:35am

I saw the show on New Years Day and I really liked it. It was light hearted, fun and entertaining. I loved the way they showcased the band up front at the beginning, and rotated them back during the show.

I think forgetmenotnyc's comments are all valid, especially about Tony Danza. He was believable and likeable, but his character definitely has the primary singing role in the show, and I think that they should have focused on casting someone who can sing rather than selecting someone because they naturally can act as an organized crime con man.

But kudos to Danza for having the courage to do the show, he is all alone on stage singing and that probably is scary for a guy that looks and sounds more like Rocky Graziano than Frank Sinatra.

Updated On: 1/10/15 at 04:35 AM

Videos