I also won! Cannot WAIT! :)

Showface
#3702Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/9/14 at 6:12pm

New 30 Second Trailer with: "You can talk to birds?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzQpfv6d8S8

Anna Kendrick interview with "A Very Nice Prince"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNNXpIkczpQ&feature=youtu.be

Here's a Laughable and Ridiculous article where the writter complains about why he won't see the film:

(WARNING: It's really...just...ridiculous! Lol! Especially the final two paragraphs!)
http://decider.com/2014/12/09/into-the-woods-disney-broadway/

Joviedamian
#3703Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/9/14 at 8:06pm

Does anyone know if any more samples of songs or full listen of songs have been released?

Showface
#3704Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/9/14 at 8:16pm

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

Updated On: 12/9/14 at 08:16 PM

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#3705Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/9/14 at 8:22pm

Whoa, love that TV spot! Didn't expect to feel one way or another about Crawford, but her lines readings are spot on. Thank heavens Sophia Grace didn't happen!

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#3706Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/9/14 at 8:26pm

The person in that Decider article is an idiot. Sondheim has always been adamant about casting actors before singers.

Showface
#3707Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/9/14 at 8:45pm

^Right? And the fact that he judged this film before even seeing it, or better yet looking it up. If he did his research, he would find out the film is very well received, and many people have called it a darker interpretation. But, no, he read that incorrect article from several months ago, and made up his mind. Oh, well! :)

One of my favorite parts of the TV spot is the shot of Meryl at the 1st second mark. I think it's from the flashback in her rap. I think I see some peppers on the vine she is peering through! Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

Showface
#3708Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/9/14 at 9:16pm

Disney officially released the screenplay: http://waltdisneystudiosawards.com/#/into-the-woods/screenplay

I didn't read all the way through, but I browsed. It looks the same as the leaked script from February except for some staging changes, but again, these were just browsing.

SPOILERS
One thing I noticed is that the Baker seems to narrate all the way through the first half, and then stops narrating in the second half when all the characters live "happily ever...".
SPOILERS

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#3709Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/9/14 at 9:54pm

I just got a pass for an advanced screening on the 15th! SO excited!!

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#3710Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/9/14 at 9:57pm

I don't understand the appeal of having everything spoiled before a movie comes out. I will not be checking out the screenplay yet.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#3711Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/9/14 at 10:06pm

"It's a register I haven't sung in before," said Anna. "I hope I'm not being biased to say I think it's one of the most challenging songs in the piece."

From ETonline re: "On The Steps of the Palace"

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#3712Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/9/14 at 10:14pm

Wait, I read the screenplay:

*SPOILERS*

So, does the movie end with the first half of the Finale ("Children will listen") or is it the whole song? I saw a new trailer during Pretty Little Liars and I'm sure that I heard the end of the whole finale
Updated On: 12/9/14 at 10:14 PM

Showface
#3713Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/9/14 at 10:17pm

"I don't understand the appeal of having everything spoiled before a movie comes out. I will not be checking out the screenplay yet."

Which is why I just glanced through a few lines. Though, any changes that were made seem very minor.

Hagenisnotakitty Profile Photo
Hagenisnotakitty
#3714Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 12:46am

I took a gander at the prologue, but nothing else. SPOILERS(?)

Firstly, it seems they're having the Witch reveal the "cursed with age and ugliness" thing outright, sorta defeating the purpose of the "...and well that's another story, NEVERMIND!" joke.

Also, does anybody else find the new dialogue to sound stilted and unnatural-sounding? Not just in the screenplay, but in some of the clips (the "Magic Beans" clip especially). I'm hoping this is just me being so used to the original script.

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#3715Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 3:13am

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/sondheim-reveals-plot-changes-for-disney-into-the-woods-film-322631

When pressed that he should have stuck up for the inclusion of the song, Sondheim said that he and Into the Woods' Tony Award-winning book writer James Lapine did so. "But Disney said, we don't want Rapunzel to die, so we replotted it. I won't tell you what happens, but we wrote a new song to cover it," he said.

So it WAS Disney for SURE who made them not allow Rapunzel to die! Rob Marshall saying it was because he thought her death was too funny was LYING!!!!

Updated On: 12/10/14 at 03:13 AM

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#3716Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 6:16am

New 30 Second Trailer with: "You can talk to birds?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzQpfv6d8S8

Love this^! That is an exceptionally well edited 30 seconds. I would imagine that it's equally effective for both fans and noobs.

So it WAS Disney for SURE who made them not allow Rapunzel to die! Rob Marshall saying it was because he thought her death was too funny was LYING!!!!

This is an outrage. We must all pledge to boycott the film. Rob Marshall lied to us! And, yet, complete silence from Amnesty International.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#3717Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 8:41am

TV Trope: They Changed It, Now it Sucks

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#3718Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 9:12am

SAG AWARDS just announced and only MERYL got a supporting actress nod...i thought the cast might get a best ensemble cast nomination but alas no...Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

so what we have so far is a TOP 10 film for the AFI
BEST SUPPORTING nom for STREEP from SAG
(GOLDEN GLOBES noms 12/11)

Updated On: 12/10/14 at 09:12 AM

ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
ShakinBaconGirl
#3719Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 9:29am

"When pressed that he should have stuck up for the inclusion of the song, Sondheim said that he and Into the Woods' Tony Award-winning book writer James Lapine did so. "But Disney said, we don't want Rapunzel to die, so we replotted it. I won't tell you what happens, but we wrote a new song to cover it," he said.

So it WAS Disney for SURE who made them not allow Rapunzel to die! Rob Marshall saying it was because he thought her death was too funny was LYING!!!!"

Well duh. Everyone knows that. Yes The SAG awards were just announced and Into the woods got completely left off the list except for Streep. But it didn't really have much of a chance at acting nominations anyway. It will probably sneak up in a few technical nominations.

Updated On: 12/10/14 at 09:29 AM

stage_star
#3720Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 11:33am

Another interview, another clip. This time, 'Moments in the Woods'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyxhGvJtf3U

decast
HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#3722Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 2:53pm

Another interview, another clip. This time, 'Moments in the Woods'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyxhGvJtf3U

"And, speaking of 'goo-goo-ga-ga', your character is desperate for a baby..."

THAT^ is an amazing segue by the interviewer. Ha.

ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
ShakinBaconGirl
#3724Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 6:44pm

Don't take the 8.4 serious. It's made up of people who haven't seen the film yet. When all is said and done, I predict 7.0-7.5. But IMDB ratings are useless anyway. What you want to watch for is the Rotten tomatoes score.

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos