pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 159

Hamilton Cancellation Line

Hamiltonmom
#3950Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/21/16 at 6:44pm

What time did you start?  My daughter wants to try on Friday.

zombyw00f
#3951Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/22/16 at 11:34am

Anybody getting in line today?  We're on our way!

Scott Rosson
#3952Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/22/16 at 11:47am

Hi all, quick question: How much are SRO and rejected Lotto tickets ?

Hairspray0901
#3953Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/22/16 at 12:37pm

Scott Rosson said: "Hi all, quick question: How much are SRO and rejected Lotto tickets ?

"

I belive SRO is $40 and unclaimed lotto tickets are the full price of $199. Though, with one of the biggest weeks on Broadway starting Saturday (Christmas-New years), prices of losing lotto seats may reflect prices they sold the rest of the house at.

Updated On: 12/22/16 at 12:37 PM

Amymet
#3954Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/22/16 at 11:00pm

Hi All! My dad and I are planning to do the cancellation line on the 30th. I am very confused on the protocol for two show days. If I am arriving for matinee what time should I arrive? I also only have time to do the line once so I really want to be at the ground of the line and I am willing to arrive as early as possible. Also what happens if you do not get matinee tickets do you stay outside in the line or what happens I've heard mixed things so I thought this forum would be the best place to find out! Thanks

Updated On: 12/22/16 at 11:00 PM

lgm20162
#3955Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/23/16 at 4:36pm

Me and a friend are planning on doing the line between 26th -23rd, can anyone be our plus ones and pay for half of our tickets. Pm me if interested.

dokool
#3956Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/26/16 at 2:04am

IamthatBen said: "They brought out tickets a lot  earlier since they seemed to have been cancelled earlier. I think there were at least over 10 tickets given out for the evening show."

Great info, thank you. I was always under the impression that they didn't give tickets to the wait line until much closer to the show - is this not the case anymore? Don't you still have to go into the theater immediately after purchasing?

Robbyne
#3957Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/26/16 at 10:23am

No, you do not have to go directly into the the theatre.  The reason that is said is because many times, the tickets are not sold to the line until just before show time. I've done the line 4 times. On one occasion, my friend and I got tickets to an added matinee. They were sold to us at 11:30 am, for a 2pm show. We were free to leave the line and do whatever we liked until around 1:30. Other times, we haven't been sold tickets til anywhere from an 1 prior, all the way down to 5 minutes before the performance. It can vary greatly and there are many factors. 

daijop
#3958Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/26/16 at 12:44pm

I did the line this past Saturday. Tickets were 239. The majority of the tickets were right before the show. I got mine about 5 min before showtime so did go right in. 

Hamiltonmom
#3959Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/26/16 at 1:38pm

We also did the line on Saturday the 24th.  We where the 1st ones in line and arrived at 5:45 a.m.  The people in line were great and the time went really fast.  I would like to reiterate how important it is to dress extra warm.  If your  standing and sitting it's a lot colder than walking.  My daughter got 7th row center orchestra for cancelation price ($239).  I got standing room for $40.  Definitely worth waiting for! 

casedilla2
#3960Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/26/16 at 2:13pm

Hamiltonmom said: "We also did the line on Saturday the 24th.  We where the 1st ones in line and arrived at 5:45 a.m.  The people in line were great and the time went really fast.  I would like to reiterate how important it is to dress extra warm.  If your  standing and sitting it's a lot colder than walking.  My daughter got 7th row center orchestra for cancelation price ($239).  I got standing room for $40.  Definitely worth waiting for! 

"

Did you choose to wait for a standing room ticket or was that all that was available after the 7th row ticket? And do you remember what time the first tickets were sold? Thanks for the update!

Hamiltonmom
#3961Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/26/16 at 2:26pm

We waited for the standing room tickets since I didn't want to spend more.  We let about 5 people get cancelation tickets ahead of us.  The standing room tickets were sold about 10 min before show started.  My daughter got her ticket about an hour before the show.  The cancelation tickets don't come out all at once.

bsolomonster
#3962Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/26/16 at 3:43pm

Hamiltonmom said: "We waited for the standing room tickets since I didn't want to spend more.  We let about 5 people get cancelation tickets ahead of us.  The standing room tickets were sold about 10 min before show started.  My daughter got her ticket about an hour before the show.  The cancelation tickets don't come out all at once.

"

So, for standing room, where abouts do you stand? A normal back of the house section?

TayTay2
#3963Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/26/16 at 6:24pm

Hello everyone. My daughter and I are planning on camping out to see Hamilton for the Friday January 6th show. We only need two tickets so if you want to see the show and you do not want to stand in line in the cold and you are willing to help us out please send me a pm. We can get two additional tickets and we just spent over $200 on items to help us stay warm so we are now prepared. 

Nina6
#3964Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/26/16 at 10:22pm

My daughter and I are going to the cancellation line on Wed 12/28 - If we don't get tickets, I would be interested in splitting 2 tickets for the Jan 6th Show.

craynyc
#3965Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/27/16 at 11:49am

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3966Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/27/16 at 11:53am

bsolomonster said: So, for standing room, where abouts do you stand? A normal back of the house section?

Each SRO location is marked by a number, just like the seats and are located after a partition wall behind the last rows.   Some of the second level of the stage is cut off in view.

i can't speak to what it looks like as I've never stood there for the show.  I took this photo back in June for information purposes.

Hope it helps!

Hamilton Cancellation Line

Updated On: 12/29/16 at 11:53 AM

craynyc
#3967Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/27/16 at 11:54am

my friend and I were planning to line sit tomorrow for someone. The dude (JohnnyWantHamilton) just contacted me today to cancel although we had set it up weeks ago! ? Anyway, since he bailed, if anyone is interested in tickets, contact me.

notready
#3968Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/27/16 at 4:13pm

craynyc said: "my friend and I were planning to line sit tomorrow for someone. The dude (JohnnyWantHamilton) just contacted me today to cancel although we had set it up weeks ago! ? Anyway, since he bailed, if anyone is interested in tickets, contact me.

sent u a pm

"

craynyc
#3969Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/27/16 at 6:46pm

I replied. Check your mailbox please

Nina6
#3970Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/27/16 at 6:53pm

YES, we are interested (2 people). How much? I sent you a PM

Updated On: 12/27/16 at 06:53 PM

tconz13
#3971Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/28/16 at 2:46pm

Hi, everyone!

I have never done the cancellation line before but I am planning on doing it on Friday (12/30) for the matinee show so I have a few questions if someone could answer:)

1) I'm willing to get there as early as it is necessary to have a good chance at tickets, but what is a good time to arrive on line?

2) Do I have a better chance at getting tickets if I am looking to buy one or two?

3) Does anyone have any useful tips or suggestions for the experience?

Thanks!

CassandraReads Profile Photo
CassandraReads
#3972Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/28/16 at 4:11pm

You're going to want to get there before 6am if you want to (practically) guarantee tickets. You could get there as late as 9 or 10, but you're definitely taking your chances. It's all about line position as far as tickets go (1 or 2). If you have good line position (one the first 4-5 people in line), you can easily get 2 tickets and they'll most likely be center orchestra or front row. Bring something to sit on (small chair you're willing to toss, or blanket) and bundle up! You'll have a blast. Good luck! 

CassandraReads Profile Photo
CassandraReads
#3973Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/28/16 at 4:14pm

I just reread your post and noticed that you said the matinee show. I would definitely get there well before 6 AM for the matinee show. Maybe 4am? Will you be alone? 4am-6am can get a little bit sketchy on 46th St., in my experience. You might consider a whistle or an alarm sound on your phone, just to be safe. :) 

boonanas
#3974Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/28/16 at 4:14pm

Quick question... how is waiting on a line for over 6 hours in extremely cold weather for the opportunity to pay full price for tickets considered 'having a blast'?

Videos