pixeltracker

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17- Page 16

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#375HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/9/18 at 7:46pm

SmokeyLady said: "I saw it again this afternoon. Gavin remains wonderful. Some new faces in the ensemble. The show is still beautiful. House was half empty. I think they moved the balcony audience to the mezzanine. Quiet audience. Wednesday matinees. I never learn."

Just curious as to if there is any signage for Bette’s return in the theater? 

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#376HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/10/18 at 6:38am

I too was wondering about the delay but my tickets were emailed to me yesterday.  It will be my 4th time (3rd with Bette) and I am super excited. I just adore this show.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#377HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/10/18 at 9:48am

Just curious as to if there is any signage for Bette’s return in the theater? 

For all the obvious reasons, there is no signage at the Shubert Theatre announcing Bette's return.  This would impact current ticket sales for performances with Bernadette Peters as well as disrespecting the current cast in the show. 

This was also the case when Bernadette Peters was announced.  All the signage and advertisement with her name didn't go up until after Bette ended her run.  

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#378HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/10/18 at 11:08am

BrodyFosse123 said: "Justcurious as to if there is any signage for Bette’s return in the theater?

For all the obvious reasons, there is no signage at the Shubert Theatre announcing Bette's return. This wouldimpact current ticket sales for performances with Bernadette Petersas well as disrespecting the current cast in the show.

This was also the case when Bernadette Peters was announced. All the signage and advertisementwith her name didn't go up until after Bette ended her run.
"

How about at the box office ?  And has there been any local advertising for Bette other than the press release?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#379HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/10/18 at 12:47pm

DAME said: "How about at the box office ? And has there been any local advertising for Bette other than the press release?"

I doubt it. They know that Bette's shows will all be sell-outs, so there's no real need to have every house sold out before she's even back.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#380HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/10/18 at 7:22pm

I logged onto telecharge today to see what was available and I'm surprised that orchestra seats are more well-sold than mezzanine and balcony. In Bette's previous run the mezzanine and balcony were the first to sell out while you could nab orchestra seats on occasion. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#381HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/10/18 at 9:16pm

DAME said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Justcurious as to if there is any signage for Bette’s return in the theater?

For all the obvious reasons, there is no signage at the Shubert Theatre announcing Bette's return. This wouldimpact current ticket sales for performances with Bernadette Petersas well as disrespecting the current cast in the show.

This was also the case when Bernadette Peters was announced. All the signage and advertisementwith her name didn't go up until after Bette ended her run.
"

How about at the box office ? And has there been any local advertising for Bette other than the press release?
"

Nothing in NYC  Dame and Bette is only doing 7 shows a week no Sunday matinee. Show is dark Sunday and Monday.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#382HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/11/18 at 6:01pm

Dollypop said: "I ordered a whole bunch of tickets for August and they still haven't arrived

Patience is a virtue...
"

My tickets for mid-August were printed today!!! Yippee!!!!! They should hopefully be here next week. :)

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#383HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/13/18 at 6:32am

I saw the show yesterday afternoon, and the lamplights weren't there. Ryan Warsing was on as Ambrose, and all 3 male swings were on. Zachary Downer was the only new face I recognized since I saw the show in February.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#384HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/13/18 at 11:50am

Some $109 seats in balcony right row E have been released on Telecharge for 8/25 at 8 p.m.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#385HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/13/18 at 12:23pm

CT2NYC said: "Some $109 seats in balcony right row E have been released on Telecharge for 8/25 at 8 p.m."

UPDATE: Balcony right E 4-20 are available.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#386HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/13/18 at 1:21pm

CT2NYC said: "CT2NYC said: "Some $109 seats in balcony right row E have been released on Telecharge for 8/25 at 8 p.m."

UPDATE: Balcony E 10 and E 20 are still available.

Updated On: 5/13/18 at 01:21 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#387HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/13/18 at 11:14pm

Some more $109 balcony seats have popped up on Telecharge for 8/25 at 8 p.m.: balcony left B 19, C 19-25, and D 15-19.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#388HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/14/18 at 8:40am

CT2NYC said: "Some more $109 balcony seats have popped up on Telecharge for 8/25 at 8 p.m.: balcony left B 19, C 19-25, and D 15-19."

FYI, these seats are still available.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#389HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/14/18 at 8:47am

Thank you so much!!! Just got 2 tix in balcony!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#390HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/16/18 at 7:27pm

In addition to several $399-599 orchestra seats, there are 3 $169 mezzanine seats, G 21-25, available on Telecharge for 8/25 at 8 p.m.

Dollypop
#391HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/16/18 at 9:00pm

My last batch of tickets arrived today.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#392HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/16/18 at 11:12pm

Dollypop said: "My last batch of tickets arrived today."

Dollypop;  have you heard anything new regarding Jerry Herman going?  Is he still coming to New York like you said?

Dollypop
#393HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/17/18 at 7:56am

I haven't heard anything from Jerry in a while. I don't know whether that's because of the moving process or health issues.

Papi2013
#394HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/18/18 at 10:31am

Dollypop said: "I haven't heard anything from Jerry in a while. I don't know whether that's because of the moving process or health issues."

Call and ask.

MX888 Profile Photo
MX888
#395HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/18/18 at 12:25pm

CT2NYC said: "In addition to several $399-599 orchestra seats, there are 3 $169 mezzanine seats, G 21-25, available on Telecharge for 8/25 at 8 p.m."

Thanks for the info! I was able to exchange my balcony row G109 seat for an (albeit pricer but decent) orch seat. 

If anyone is interested in grabbing that balcony seat, I just got off the phone with customer service 5 minutes ago so it should be on the website soon.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#396HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/18/18 at 2:43pm

Does anyone know if this will be filmed? Like for either theatrical release or Netflix?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#397HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/18/18 at 3:08pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Does anyone know if this will be filmed? Like for either theatrical release or Netflix?"

Scott Rudin knows the answer, for sure.

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#398HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/19/18 at 1:16pm

The last of my tickets arrived yesterday: “Hello, Dolly!” with Bette Midler in August. 

Now I have all of the tickets in-hand for all my shows between now and the end of summer: “The Band’s Visit”, “Hello, Dolly!” (Bernadette Peters), “Hello, Dolly!” (Bette Midler), and “My Fair Lady”, all on Broadway; “Hamilton” in Cleveland for my birthday; and Disney’s “Aladdin” in Philadelphia. 

And I may be getting an advance ticket for “Hello, Dolly!” at the National Tour Launch in Cleveland for October. 

Very excited about all of this!

Updated On: 5/21/18 at 01:16 PM

Dollypop
#399HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/19/18 at 2:57pm

I'm doing a "DOLLY Double Header" on August 15th. As I examined the tickets, I found I'm in the same seat both times. I didn't realize that when I bought them.

Videos