pixeltracker

Unpopular opinions you hold- Page 17

Unpopular opinions you hold

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#400Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 6:20pm

Drama, I'm 17.

Dealing, What a fascinating story!!! I got chills just thinking about being in the presence of all those legends.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#401Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 7:29pm

Dream casting is silly and predictable around here

I loathe Glee but I somewhat like Chris Colfer, especially his books

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#402Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 7:43pm

I CAN’T STAND JENNIFER HUDSON. Her diction is awful, she screlts the same note in EVERYTHING, can’t act her way out of Taylor Swift’s lunchbag, and she is so insanely overrated.

all that jazz
#403Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 7:56pm

I looove Jennifer, but I think she is kind of overrated. I hated her Whitney Houston tribute at the Grammys.

Visceral_Fella
#404Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 10:23pm

I like Jennifer Hudson most of the time. I don't think that she should have an Oscar though.

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#405Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/11/13 at 6:03am

I hate everything Sondheim, think his songs are awful.
I loved Daphne Ruben-Vega as Fantine, I think she was amazing.
I wouldn't pay to see Idina Menzel live for ANYTHING!
Rent the movie was better than Rent on stage.
Carrie is one of the best musicals every written.
The West End is far superior to Broadway.
People on here cry out for something different and original then when it appears they slag it off until it closes then continue to complain when revival after revival is produced.

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

westycenterstagejack Profile Photo
westycenterstagejack
#406Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/19/13 at 11:01pm

- Sutton Foster is great, but was grievously miscast as Reno
- Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty are the finest composing team in modern theatre
- Audra didn't deserve her most recent Tony, Laura Osnes or Kelli O'Hara did
- Everything about Alice Ripley's N2N performance was perfection
- Wicked is a great piece of musical theatre, it's sentimental and relatable
- Pippin is the only thing I'm excited about on Broadway right now
- Chicago needs to close six years ago, Mamma Mia is still worth the ticket price
- Phantom of the Opera should've closed twenty years ago when the awe wore off
- Matilda is overrated, good not great
- In the Heights is original and well written musically (anything Nina sings, It Won't Be Long Now, and Paciencia y Fe are common for my shower concert series) but as a whole it's trite, has a flawed book, and even "douchey"
- Jake Epstein actually made Spider-Man riveting again after Damiano's departure
- In extension, Damiano is one of the best actresses working today
- Reviving Les Miserables is painful and unnecessary - it could be cut an hour and become far more enjoyable

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#407Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/19/13 at 11:16pm

Nathan Lane is very overrated.

all that jazz
#408Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/22/13 at 6:17pm

I worship Ricky Martin, and I think he should continue to do Broadway.

jnb9872 Profile Photo
jnb9872
#409Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/23/13 at 1:00am

I'm sympathetic to all the arguments I've seen made against the company and its programming trends, but I've enjoyed just about every of the handful of Roundabout shows I've seen and appreciate their role in the city's theatre community.

Words don't deserve that kind of malarkey. They're innocent, neutral, precise, standing for this, describing that, meaning the other, so if you look after them you can build bridges across incomprehension and chaos. But when they get their corners knocked off, they're no good anymore…I don't think writers are sacred, but words are. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.

Citygirl.grace Profile Photo
Citygirl.grace
#410Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/23/13 at 1:29am

Unpopular Opinions:

1. I HATE Memphis, In The Heights, Next to Normal, Spring Awakening and Once.
2. I LOVED Bonnie & Clyde.
3. I think Nice Work If You Can Get It is one of the best shows on Broadway right now,
4. I think John Stamos played one of the BEST Emcees in Cabaret.
5. Lea Salonga drives me INSANE.
6. I think Sarah Brightman is a freak of nature.
7. I LOVED Love Never Dies and like Raoul WAY more than The Phantom

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#411Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/23/13 at 5:50pm

I hate how everytime Patti is doing a show she's playing Patti. I think she's too conscious of her status as a Broadway legend.

Unpopular opinion on this board, but not in the world: I really like Sutton Foster. I personally LIKE the fact that she's a "glorified chorus girl" or whatever, and that someone who was trained in dance, instead of in singing and acting, is still able to make it as a full-on leading lady.

Unpopular opinion in the world, but not on this board: I could watch Sunday in the Park endlessly just to watch the acting choices and the mannerisms of the leads. They're fascinating.

I think Into the Woods is BRILLIANT, and says a lot about human nature. Also, having Cinderella say "I wish" at the end? GETS ME EVERY TIME.

I've probably posted this 99 times but I can't say it enough: I just don't get the appeal in Rent. It's just... okay. It's not awful. But it's not the masterpiece it's made out to be.

Laura Osnes is one of my absolute favourite stars and I hope she gets all the fame she deserves. She's incredible. Beautiful voices are underrated.

I REALLY wish there were more fun parts for pure soprano voices.

I liked Russell Crowe in the Les Mis movie. I also saw that movie six times in theatres.

I really liked the Sweeney Todd movie and liked both HBC and Johnny Depp.

CZJ is underrated as a performer.

Leigh Ann Larkin is underrated as a singer.

The Chicago movie is better than the musical.

I don't hate Lea Michele. I think she is INCREDIBLY overrated, but I don't hate her. She's just not spectacular.

Liza Minelli would never have gotten on Broadway if her mother wasn't Judy Garland.

Cabaret never should have been made into a movie.

"Nice is different than good."

Idiot Profile Photo
Idiot
#412Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/23/13 at 5:54pm

"Cabaret never should have been made into a movie."

Please tell me this is because it makes all other movies look like amateur hour.

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#413Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/23/13 at 5:58pm

Actually, it's because it gets so much attention, which detracts from the actual musical itself, which I think is a LOT better than the movie. When you say "Cabaret," people think immediately "oh, that's a good movie" instead of "that's a good musical."

I could watch that movie everyday until the day I died.
(Sidebar: I actually once watched Chicago every day for 34 days. I have no idea why I did this... I just did.)

Idiot Profile Photo
Idiot
#414Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/23/13 at 6:00pm

LOLOLOLOLOL re: your CHICAGO binge.

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#415Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/23/13 at 6:02pm

Like, I genuinely don't understand. I think it might have had something to do with Queen Latifah's boobs though. I mean, those things should have won the Oscar.

all that jazz
#416Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/23/13 at 8:41pm

Emma, While I agree with you on Chicago and Les Mis, Liza Minnelli is one of the most talented human beings to ever grace the face of this planet. she was born to become a star. btw, Cabaret is one of the greatest films ever made!!!!

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#417Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/24/13 at 7:34pm

Stephanie J. Block is one of the best Broadway stars of the decade.

Visceral_Fella
#418Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/24/13 at 11:57pm

^ I agree!

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#419Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/25/13 at 4:21am

Fun thread!

Big Sondheim fan -- of course -- but I think "Being Alive" is one of the most overblown and ridiculous songs I've heard. It's like Sondheim suddenly turned into latter day Stephen Schwartz. I know singers like it -- they get to belt their asses off -- but I think it's one of the worst things Sondheim's done. And I've got the Bounce cast recording.

Gmerchant123 Profile Photo
Gmerchant123
#420Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/25/13 at 10:43am

-I LOVED the current Jesus Christ Superstar Revival!!!
-I hate into the woods
-phantom is crap
-war horse is an awful play
-I enjoy Annie
-I hate lion king
-

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#421Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/25/13 at 12:22pm

Stephanie J. Block is one of the best Broadway stars of the decade.

I so agree. Darn PIRATE QUEEN for being a hurdle in her career.

Here's a few of mine:
1.) CABARET is quite possibly the WORST film ever made.
2.) Liza M. is okay. I don't get why people ADORE her...
3.) The LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS Director's Cut ending is NOT too long! I love every minute of it! LOVE!
4.) I still think WICKED got snubbed, even if I do like AVENUE Q.
5.) JERSEY BOYS is boring and poorly written.
6.) I liked Idina Menzel's voice better before her voice teacher taught her how to breathe correctly.
7.) IN THE HEIGHTS is one of the BEST musicals ever written. My love for it is unending. It really moves me on many levels.
8.) SMASH is fantastic television.
9.) OKLAHOMA is a terrible musical!
10.) TRIASSIC PARQ is the best theatrical experience I ever had in NYC.
11.) "Both Sides Now" should have STAYED in PRISCILLA: QUEEN OF THE DESERT. It is a far superior song to "True Colours."

Updated On: 3/25/13 at 12:22 PM

Rainbowhigh23
#422Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/25/13 at 1:05pm

Breakfast at Tiffany's was not a turkey and did not deserve the bad reviews. Saw it this Sunday matinee and people actually returned for the second act! Vito Vincent did not stop for stage door, unfortunately; I was hoping for a paw print on my Playbill. Cory Michael Smith and Emilia Clarke were nice.

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#423Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/25/13 at 7:05pm

"Liza M. is okay. I don't get why people adore her..."

Agreed.

I have SUCH mixed feelings about Wicked. 50% of me thinks it's boring, annoying, stupid and incredibly overrated, and 50% of me thinks it's one of the best things ever written.

all that jazz
#424Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/25/13 at 7:13pm

Liza is the eternal Queen!! She's one of the tri-belters!!

For me Wicked too is complicated, because I want to hate it and say is too commercial or overrated but the music just speaks to me!! It's too spectacular to hate. Stick to the latter 50%.

Updated On: 3/25/13 at 07:13 PM

Videos