pixeltracker

The Official TDF Thread- Page 19

The Official TDF Thread

JustAnotherNewYorker
#450The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/15/17 at 3:20pm

juice23 said: "My Amelie tickets for tonight were also cancelled. A little annoyed that I didn't get an email until 2pm... couldn't enter any other lotteries. I was getting ready to head to the train!

In the past, they have always shut down the sales of seats when inventory got low...and they even did that for this performance last night, hours after I purchased my pair."

yes. After almost all the lottery deadlines, and in the only week where I can do a Wednesday night show for a few months. Sigh. 

The follow-up email I got from tdf said "We have made a terrible error and over sold this performance.??????". I wonder who made the mistake....
Also, did anyone not get cancelled?

Updated On: 3/15/17 at 03:20 PM

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#451The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/15/17 at 3:22pm

I wonder if TDF will also refund your fee.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#452The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/15/17 at 3:38pm

I have a TDF ticket for Amelie tonight but did not receive an email or phone call that my ticket was cancelled...I'm nervous, though (I don't want to show up to find that I can't get in).

seeseveryshow2
#453Amelie tonight Mar 15
Posted: 3/15/17 at 3:41pm

I purchased my TDF ticket for tonight on March 10. Did the folks who have been cancelled buy theirs on March 10 or more recently?

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#454Amelie tonight Mar 15
Posted: 3/15/17 at 3:44pm

seeseveryshow2 said: "I purchased my TDF ticket for tonight on March 10. Did the folks who have been cancelled buy theirs on March 10 or more recently?"

I also purchased mine on March 10.

seeseveryshow2
#455Amelie tonight Mar 15
Posted: 3/15/17 at 3:45pm

I stopped by the Kerr Theater around 11:15 AM this morning to pick up my tdf ticket. It was ready and they handed it to me. The ticket was printed out yesterday (March 14) as noted on the ticket. And, by the way, I received an excellent orchestra seat and am surprised and pleased. Guess I was lucky.

The show is 100 minutes without intermission. 

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#456Amelie tonight Mar 15
Posted: 3/15/17 at 3:48pm

Amelie is up for the next two Wednesday evenings (March 22 and 29), so maybe those of you whose tickets for tonight were cancelled can reschedule. 

juice23 Profile Photo
juice23
#457Amelie tonight Mar 15
Posted: 3/15/17 at 4:03pm

Yes, they gave us the option to refund or reschedule. I rescheduled, but my friend who I was planning on going with is from Florida and will not be able to see the show. Not the end of the world, but wanted to see something tonight while she was in town. 

My Music Classroom Giving Page: https://www.donorschoose.org/MrHMusicRoom

JustAnotherNewYorker
#458Amelie tonight Mar 15
Posted: 3/15/17 at 5:14pm

seeseveryshow2 said: "I stopped by the Kerr Theater around 11:15 AM this morning to pick up my tdf ticket. It was ready and they handed it to me. The ticket was printed out yesterday (March 14) as noted on the ticket. And, by the way, I received an excellent orchestra seat and am surprised and pleased. Guess I was lucky"

Looks like it was TDF's error. Under my orders I see:

THIS ORDER HAS BEEN CANCELLED

REASON:  OFFER ENTRY TDF ERROR

Oh well. Let's hope this doesn't happen often (I've never seen it before)

Updated On: 3/15/17 at 05:14 PM

TheThreadMaster Profile Photo
TheThreadMaster
#459Amelie tonight Mar 15
Posted: 3/15/17 at 9:19pm

For those who went today, where were your bronx tale seats?

JustAnotherNewYorker
#460Groundhog Day TDF seats
Posted: 3/17/17 at 6:34pm

Just picked my Groundhog Day tickets up for tonight. Rear Mez. Guess I can't complain for TDF prices, especially as this is now the first public preview (read the GHD thread for details of last night's mess). 

For Jersey Boys the rear orchestra in the August Wilson was pretty bad because of the sight lines and Mez overhang. I wonder of they staged this to avoid that problem (not that I have rear orchestra, but I'd like to think I don't have the worst seats in the house)

Updated On: 3/17/17 at 06:34 PM

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#461Groundhog Day TDF seats
Posted: 3/17/17 at 7:33pm

My TDF ticket for tonight is left orchestra P. Not bad! 

BroadwayBeebe
#462Groundhog Day TDF seats
Posted: 3/17/17 at 7:50pm

I'm left orchestra in K and I couldn't be more excited or pleased. 

JustAnotherNewYorker
#463Groundhog Day TDF seats
Posted: 3/17/17 at 7:58pm

BroadwayBeebe said: "I'm left orchestra in K and I couldn't be more excited or pleased. 

Ugh. When I said rear Mez, I meant really rear. Last row 

After the mess with cancelled Amellie tickets on Wednesday and these seats, I'm beginning to think that someone at TDF doesn't like me

Updated On: 3/17/17 at 07:58 PM

RJEvans
#464Significant Other
Posted: 3/19/17 at 4:24pm

Going to see Significant Other on Saturday evening. It's three tickets on a weekend, so seating may not be the best. Will let you know.

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#465Groundhog Day TDF
Posted: 3/19/17 at 6:01pm

My TDF seats for Groundhog Day on 3/17 were last row Mezz also. I thought the view was fine and didn't mind at all. 

I've been a member for over 15 years and this is only the 2nd time I got last row mezz seats from TDF.

I also wonder if it has something to do with when you pick up your tickets. I usually go early, but I didn't get to the BO until 7:25 on Friday. 

pnewelljr
#466Groundhog Day TDF
Posted: 3/19/17 at 6:08pm

Famebroadway2 said: "My TDF seats for Groundhog Day on 3/17 were last row Mezz also. I thought the view was fine and didn't mind at all. 

I've been a member for over 15 years and this is only the 2nd time I got last row mezz seats from TDF.

I also wonder if it has something to do with when you pick up your tickets. I usually go early, but I didn't get to the BO until 7:25 on Friday. 
"

I feel like it doesn't matter. They almost always have your tickets under your name in an envelope already, and I always check the date the ticket was printed and it is normally the previous day. My guess (and what I think would be fair) is that they do best seat based on the order in which they are purchased. I normally get shockingly great seats, so I'm very happy with the program overall :)

djoko84
#467Groundhog Day TDF
Posted: 3/20/17 at 6:30am

$47.50 for last row mezz is awful. TDF tickets are usually better than that, but it must have been a sold out show. You could probably get cheaper last row tix with a discount code. I missed out on Come From Away for this week. Can people who got them let us know where your seats were when you see the show?

neonlightsxo
#468Groundhog Day TDF
Posted: 3/20/17 at 1:04pm

Come From Away, Doll's House Part 2, Great Comet.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#469Groundhog Day TDF
Posted: 3/20/17 at 1:06pm

Last week, I had second to last row center orchestra for Come From Away. It was a good seat. 

Updated On: 3/20/17 at 01:06 PM

sondmon
#470Groundhog Day TDF
Posted: 3/20/17 at 1:06pm

neonlightsxo said: "Come From Away, Doll's House Part 2, Great Comet.

"A Dolls House is listed for the 23rd but doesn't start previews till the 30th?

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#471Groundhog Day TDF
Posted: 3/20/17 at 1:20pm

I am only seeing one date currently listed for A Doll's House, Part 2: March 30, the first preview.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

neonlightsxo
#472Groundhog Day TDF
Posted: 3/20/17 at 1:27pm

Maybe they fixed it. Doll's House did say the 23rd when I looked.

Kinky Boy Profile Photo
Kinky Boy
#473Groundhog Day TDF
Posted: 3/20/17 at 1:28pm

why is great comet always up?

sondmon
#474Groundhog Day TDF
Posted: 3/20/17 at 1:31pm

AC126748 said: "I am only seeing one date currently listed for A Doll's House, Part 2: March 30, the first preview.

"

they switched it.

Videos