9to5 to close Sept. 6

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#25re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 2:24pm

Hope megan goes on tour

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

snowskittle
#26re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 2:24pm

Sorry to see it go. Wish I could have seen it.

AndAllThatJazz22
#27re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 2:25pm

If Megan does the tour I will SOOO se this in Nashville. Not for nothing...it is SO freaking exciting to see a tour launching in Tennessee (for me, at least).

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

AvenueQResident Profile Photo
AvenueQResident
#28re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 2:34pm

Unlucky, Dolly.

Everything in life...is only for now.

AndAllThatJazz22
#29re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 2:34pm

Um...why isn't this the headline on the Nashville site?

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."

broadwayjim42
#30re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 2:41pm

After seeing it last week, I'm not surprised. The three ladies are all terrific, but it was just so listless...when you're more fascinated by the manuevering of the sets, you know you're in trouble.

I don't see SJB as Donna, but then again, I don't see Beth Leavel in that role either. Saw "Mamma Mia" again Saturday and was surprised how listless and relentlessly broad that's gotten as well. Carolee's last note in "Winner Takes It All" literally took my breath away, but the rest....kinda meh.

Thank God I saw "Next to Normal" in between the two.

massofmen
#31re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 2:45pm

wow, i was right again!
i am like 3/4 right now..Hair still boggles my mind.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#32re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 2:47pm

I enjoyed it so much in L.A., and also in NY about 3 weeks ago. I wish the show and whomever tours with it better luck on tour. Will be interesting to see who gets cast as the leads. I really can't picture any of the four touring, but who knows!

AndAllThatJazz22
#33re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 2:50pm

I wanted 9to5 to stay open just so massofmen wouldn't rub it in our face like he's going to do for the rest of his life.

Broadway,have we met Profile Photo
Broadway,have we met
#34re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 2:51pm

I cannot believe this! I knew they weren't doing too well but I thought it could pull out a full year. It's a fun show.. what a shame.

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#35re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 2:52pm

So sadden by this news, but at least I was lucky enough to see it!
The tour will probbaly do well,people will enjoy seeing this.

Cabchic
#36re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 2:55pm

I am so sad about this. I really thought it was a fun show. In fact, and I know I'm in the minority but I liked it more than Billy Elliot....that show I thought was a bit overrated.

I really thought it was perfect casting too. I know people fault Hilty for being too much like Dolly but I got a kick out of it and though tourists would too. They also were all very sweet when I met them at the CD signing. I also had the pleasure of meeting Dolly(at another function) who couldn't have been nicer. Must have been a rough matinee today at the theater.

I wish all of them the best of luck in the future, a very talented group!

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#37re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 2:56pm

Another One Bites the Dust...not surprised.

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#38re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 2:56pm

very upset by this news, but i will definitely be there on 9/6. saw it for my fifth time last Tuesday and loved it all over again. the show did not deserve this fate. i hope Stephanie finds a hit show soon.

massofmen
#39re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 3:00pm

Well if you would just listen to me more you would be right too! it's fun to be right!
See logic trumps emotion. Finances said it was going to close a looong time ago. If you could just read financial trends you could be right as well.
Sadly you just look at ROA selling beer and hoping it will close. Glad you are not producing theater, otherwise no one would have a job. Since you have the "pulse" of what sells and all.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#40re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 3:01pm

I feel kinda bad for Dolly, but...well, yeeeeaaaah....

While they were at it, they should have made it September 5th. Updated On: 7/29/09 at 03:01 PM

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#41re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 3:05pm

Do you think they will try and license this for regional productions?

DancingThroughLife2
#42re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 3:11pm

i am sad to see it closing but have a feeling it will tour very well also! and I know SJB will get her big break eventually, her voice is truly amazing.

AndAllThatJazz22
#43re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 3:13pm

If I had listened to you, HAIR would have bombed and been closed by labor day. How's that prediction coming along?

broadwaygirl99 Profile Photo
broadwaygirl99
#44re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 3:14pm

Im very upset that this is closing, I just saw it last night and I loved everthing about it! The cast is so talented and it is very sad that they will be out of work. I hope Stephanie goes to Wicked again or just something, she is amazing!!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#45re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 3:14pm

Eventually, they will. No doubt.^(Re the licensing)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 7/29/09 at 03:14 PM

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#46re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 3:18pm

Did everyone else just get the email announcing the 9 to 5 Actors Fund performance for Sun Sept 13th? ouch.

AndAllThatJazz22
#47re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 3:18pm

"this show is going to bomb.
if it was playing while BUsh was still in office and the War was prevalent it might work, not now. NOw people are worried about the economy and don't care about the war or hippies. This show will never recoup."
massofmen on 'HAIR'

"ah so classic show just means old?
and you would be a great politician, because you didn't answer my question.
again, how many months did the last revival last?
and you think Hair will last in THIS economy? where banks are dying, and unemployment is almost double digits? Why in THIS wonderful economy will it work, and in what economy would it not work.
Again, you are talking to "the prophet" here as someone else deemed me already.
Wss has great word of mouth since it arrived in NYC. I think it will win the tony for revival. This show will be long forgotten."

-massofmen on 'HAIR'

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#48re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 3:19pm

So sad, At least I will get to see it before it closes. Can't wait.

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

beautywickedlover
#49re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 7/29/09 at 4:03pm

Sutton Foster is rumored to leave "Shrek" in october. I'd like to see Stephanie play Princess Fiona.

Videos