pixeltracker

Help finding a 1st dance song for my wedding- Page 2

Help finding a 1st dance song for my wedding

Pasdechat
#25Help finding a 1st dance song for my wedding
Posted: 10/17/14 at 4:01am

Congratulations! What kind of dance do you want to do (waltz or just "slow-dancing"...)? How about: "Shall we Dance" from The King and I or "Isn't it romatic" by Ella Fitzgerald?

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#26Help finding a 1st dance song for my wedding
Posted: 10/17/14 at 7:14am

If you're looking for uptempo but not TOO uptempo, I know a couple who used The Beatles's rendition of "'Till There Was You" from one of their earlier albums for their wedding dance.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#27Help finding a 1st dance song for my wedding
Posted: 10/17/14 at 7:30am

It is not Broadway but my wife and I danced to "Nothing's Going To Change My Love For You" written by Gerry Goffin and Michael Masser and originally performed by George Benson. Just a thought.

brdway411
#28Help finding a 1st dance song for my wedding
Posted: 10/17/14 at 8:27am

Timeless To Me, from Hairspray.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#29Help finding a 1st dance song for my wedding
Posted: 10/17/14 at 9:58am

David Friedman has some brlliant songs that are gereat for weddings.

Trick of Fate
I'll Be Here With You
You're Love

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#30Help finding a 1st dance song for my wedding
Posted: 10/17/14 at 11:33am

Perhaps not everyone's favorite show or composer, but if gay marriage if ever legalized where I am, "Someone Like You" from Jekyll & Hyde (sung by Linda Eder) will definately be played

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup

StephieElise
#31Help finding a 1st dance song for my wedding
Posted: 10/18/14 at 7:07am

A couple of other suggestions, which may be a bit too cliché, but what about I'll Cover You or Love Changes Everything?

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#32Help finding a 1st dance song for my wedding
Posted: 10/18/14 at 7:44am

If I EVER get married it will be to Kelli O'Hara's cover of "Always" by Irvin Berlin (meant for the musical The Cocoanuts but was cut) from her "Always" solo album. It's gender neutral, simple, and absolutely gorgeous. It might be too slow, but my heart absolutely aches every time I hear it. Congrats on your future wedding!

Edit: SO weird but I'm staying at a hotel and ten minutes after posting this the lobby in our hotel played Frank Sinatra's version of Always. What a coincidence. Updated On: 10/18/14 at 07:44 AM

The Glenbuck Laird Profile Photo
The Glenbuck Laird
#33Help finding a 1st dance song for my wedding
Posted: 10/18/14 at 10:09am

You'll Never Walk Alone

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#34Help finding a 1st dance song for my wedding
Posted: 10/18/14 at 10:52pm

Just thought of another: "Speak Low" from ONE TOUCH OF VENUS.

It'd be an interesting choice because the melody line is like a ballad but the countermelody is sometimes done in a more uptempo fashion. Plus the song is utterly gorgeous.

Also "This Can't Be Love" from THE BOYS FROM SYRACUSE although if you're planning on using the lyric it's perhaps a bit too sardonic for a wedding dance.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated
Updated On: 10/18/14 at 10:52 PM

wheelsofadream2 Profile Photo
wheelsofadream2
#35Help finding a 1st dance song for my wedding
Posted: 10/19/14 at 3:55pm

It's not a ballad or anything, but "It's Your Wedding Day" from Wedding Singer would be a cute first dance.

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#36Help finding a 1st dance song for my wedding
Posted: 10/19/14 at 6:29pm

My husband and I used Can't Take My Eyes Off of You as our first dance song and gave the band the Jersey Boys arrangement to make it more upbeat with horns. So that could work whether you use a band or DJ

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

theatregeek6 Profile Photo
theatregeek6
#37Help finding a 1st dance song for my wedding
Posted: 10/19/14 at 8:57pm

It's your wedding day would be a great song. Not a dirt dance but a first get everyone up and dance

SporkGoddess
#38Help finding a 1st dance song for my wedding
Posted: 10/19/14 at 9:02pm

I LOVE "The Next Ten Minutes" for a wedding, if you don't think it'd be a bad omen. I also like JRB's "Someone to Fall Back On."

That or "Some Enchanted Evening."

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

canmark Profile Photo
canmark
#39Help finding a 1st dance song for my wedding
Posted: 10/19/14 at 9:34pm

Love Is Here to Stay
Begin the Beguine

Coach Bob knew it all along: you've got to get obsessed and stay obsessed. You have to keep passing the open windows. (John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire)
Updated On: 10/19/14 at 09:34 PM

Videos